Now that 4.3 hits, what gear are you gonna change?

took a break for a while but this shit alone is worth $15 to check out. you guys think Furbolg Medicine Pouch can be used in place of shields? hell, or even weapons? i know when major changes like this come out, blizzard often overlooks small details like offhands and such. it'd be tits smacking kids around with sacks! at any rate, i wasted a couple hours scouring wowhead for other cool crap to transmogrify (leather specific) and found some super pimp items i forgot even existed...

Feral Harness

Ghostclaw Leggings

Prospector's Woolies

Ravager Hide Gloves

i think i'm going to try to looks as ridiculous as i possibly can. also, instead of opting for the classic shadowfang look, i'm going to roll with either:

Cursed Felblade

or

Legionnaire's Sword

and i feel obligated to turn my VMM into a shovel.

looking forward to this a lot! hopefully it'll add some much needed diversity to the SSDD routine this game has become.

wisket said:
took a break for a while but this shit alone is worth $15 to check out. you guys think Furbolg Medicine Pouch can be used in place of shields? hell, or even weapons? i know when major changes like this come out, blizzard often overlooks small details like offhands and such. it'd be tits smacking kids around with sacks! at any rate, i wasted a couple hours scouring wowhead for other cool crap to transmogrify (leather specific) and found some super pimp items i forgot even existed...

You probably won't be able to replace the shield-graphic with Furbolg Pouch.

lindenkron said:
Legacy of Teronis - Item - World of Warcraft. looks pretty good as well :p

I'd prolly turn my range weps into Security Crossbow - Item - World of Warcraft. :p Stonifying Gun - Item - World of Warcraft looks pretty good as well. Cry of the Wolf - Item - World of Warcraft is worgen only but looks like a "real" gun.

Anyone lucky enough to hold on to their Filthy Paw - Item - World of Warcraft You can still get it if you haven't done the quest and deleted it :p

Wow just spent an hour or 2 in Ashenvale doing prequests for that Legacy of Teronis sword and it turns out that you can't do that chain any more. Or the first quest of the chain requires lvl 21. Wowhead says the first chain requires lvl 21 but there are also posts saying that the quest was removed by blizzard.

Blizzard is so stoops.. Although the concept is decent in some ways this is retarded. Thanks blizzard thats just what we needed ! now I can change the looks of my gear? what the hell are we playing here. I could care less what my character looks like. Lets get to the real gameplay.

i truly wonder if they are making this avail at all levels?

we went thru these pipe dreams with reforging.....ended up getting derp slapped

shanker said:
i truly wonder if they are making this avail at all levels?

we went thru these pipe dreams with reforging.....ended up getting derp slapped

Hmm, I am pretty optimistic about this, I mean - this ain't gonna change anything to the actual dmg you make or take, unlike reforging. This is for pure looks.

It would be interesting if this came to all levels, but i have a feeling this is only gonna apply to 85's as it seems like another one of blizzes ploys to keep high lvls happy because one or two people at 85 have complained on the forums that there old tear sets look cooler and therefore they don't want to contiue the max level hamsterwheell of getting the lateist and bestest gear, that will be replaced by better gear in 30 seconds time.

Ofcorse blizz lovers its hamsterwheel and thinks it is tarable that the odd player wont upgrade his tear 9001 pvp gear. So they spend all our subscription money on a new UI and a develop a new system without making something that realy benefits us. where as they should be spending money on balancing low lvl pvp

but hay that's just me being sceptical

if it does come to low levels i am sooo changing all my 2h weps to Foam Sword - Item - World of Warcraft

Whats tear set is that dude wearing? 'Its over 9000!!!!!'

FlyFly said:
It would be interesting if this came to all levels, but i have a feeling this is only gonna apply to 85's as it seems like another one of blizzes ploys to keep high lvls happy because one or two people at 85 have complained on the forums that there old tear sets look cooler and therefore they don't want to contiue the max level hamsterwheell of getting the lateist and bestest gear, that will be replaced by better gear in 30 seconds time.

Ofcorse blizz lovers its hamsterwheel and thinks it is tarable that the odd player wont upgrade his tear 9001 pvp gear. So they spend all our subscription money on a new UI and a develop a new system without making something that realy benefits us. where as they should be spending money on balancing low lvl pvp

but hay that's just me being sceptical

if it does come to low levels i am sooo changing all my 2h weps to Foam Sword - Item - World of Warcraft

The item gotta have stats :/

Sorry for being the one that shits in everyones cornflakes but..

"Transmogrification Item Restrictions

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)"

"Can you Transmogrify BoA items?

We likely won't allow heirlooms to be transmogrified. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums) "

MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies

Shermaan said:
Sorry for being the one that shits in everyones cornflakes but..

"Transmogrification Item Restrictions

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)"

"Can you Transmogrify BoA items?

We likely won't allow heirlooms to be transmogrified. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums) "

MMO-Champion - World of Warcraft News and Raiding Strategies

Yeah, but I think the BoA-part alrdy has been posted :)

Mehcritkillu said:
The item gotta have stats :/

But it does have stats, it has 1-2 damage.... the tgc one has anyways, not sure about the Children's week one though.

and yea it probably will come under the sillyness category, so getting that skin may be unlikely

if the feature allows players below 40 then yes shamans/hunters leather and war/pala/ mail probs

Users who are viewing this thread