Now that 4.3 hits, what gear are you gonna change?

Mehcritkillu said:
eloberate plz

Basically, when you see gear of the player when doing arenas, not only can you size the rating they been too, not only can you sometimes call their spec but it also sometime give you visual when targetting.

Imagine a team with same gear spec (Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate) For example, Warrior/Paladin, with everyone the same look and class.

Imagine a BE warrior and BE Paladin same gear look. No way we can difference them just by the look anymore.

Add to that the fact that, sometimes in low matchmaking you get some great player teaming with retards. Normally, we'd aim for the fail or go straight for the good one to begin. If both look exact the same, hard to say if one has Shoulder or not.

I dunno, I just think that this will be kinda stupid in PvP. Hiding real gear will be good too. Imagine a rogue with both rated weapon showing some squishy PvE weap. Then you're gonna think, well we can eat the dps of him, his weapon aren't that good, and boom, surprise.

Maybe Im just that old school, haven't arena since wotlk, but I remember taking a lot of care about gear. Seeing, weapon, shoulders, buff and all of that to size your enemy's worth

unless you're a mage priest or lock, you wont be able to change your boa helm to LFH. you have to change it to the same armor type as your class / item. so if you have boa valor helm you can only transmogrify it to another plate helm

Wapster said:
unless you're a mage priest or lock, you wont be able to change your boa helm to LFH. you have to change it to the same armor type as your class / item. so if you have boa valor helm you can only transmogrify it to another plate helm

Well, Might one looks vastly superior to the valor one, IMO.

You guys are asking for the butter and the money.

Mehcritkillu said:
eloberate plz

Probably referring to being able to see if your enemy has t2 or not? Really you should be playing the same either way so doesn't matter not like It even means anything anymore.

Bankbeauty said:
Basically, when you see gear of the player when doing arenas, not only can you size the rating they been too, not only can you sometimes call their spec but it also sometime give you visual when targetting.

Imagine a team with same gear spec (Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate) For example, Warrior/Paladin, with everyone the same look and class.

Imagine a BE warrior and BE Paladin same gear look. No way we can difference them just by the look anymore.

Add to that the fact that, sometimes in low matchmaking you get some great player teaming with retards. Normally, we'd aim for the fail or go straight for the good one to begin. If both look exact the same, hard to say if one has Shoulder or not.

I dunno, I just think that this will be kinda stupid in PvP. Hiding real gear will be good too. Imagine a rogue with both rated weapon showing some squishy PvE weap. Then you're gonna think, well we can eat the dps of him, his weapon aren't that good, and boom, surprise.

Maybe Im just that old school, haven't arena since wotlk, but I remember taking a lot of care about gear. Seeing, weapon, shoulders, buff and all of that to size your enemy's worth

Turn on show health and use name plates. Next season Gunna be a tough one.

augiddin said:
Probably referring to being able to see if your enemy has t2 or not? Really you should be playing the same either way so doesn't matter not like It even means anything anymore.

when analyzing your opponents gear such as if they have tier two or not can tell you a lot as in some situations with certain abilities and tactics the use and viability of them all depends on your opponents skill level and that is much harder to judge if you cannot see their gear

Araura said:
when analyzing your opponents gear such as if they have tier two or not can tell you a lot as in some situations with certain abilities and tactics the use and viability of them all depends on your opponents skill level and that is much harder to judge if you cannot see their gear

That's how I saw things. Like I said, last time I did arena seriously was back in the beginning of Wotlk, so it probably changed a lot, but I remember that we used to carefully look at ennemy gear to analize some situation.

Users who are viewing this thread