10-19 Neap's Guide to Mistweaving at 19

not really tbh. I run lorekeeper's ring cuz spirit but it still takes forever to oom. In the last week or so I think I've run oom once, and it was when we were being contained by a horde team with 3 warriors and competent ranged dps and stuff. And our dps were not the greatest. I oomed, and the other healer and I in GY kinda tipped over due to multiple rends = much hurt, many dead

This is a great guide. Thanks for keeping it updated for WoD.

Ty :D Putting the enchant in the haste section cuz I just thought of it. The more mistweavers this bracket has, the better! We can join together to counter the fotm, sader-swapping arms warriors :D

Ty :D Putting the enchant in the haste section cuz I just thought of it. The more mistweavers this bracket has, the better! We can join together to counter the fotm, sader-swapping arms warriors :D

hey, do you have any clips of you playing MW?

I recently rolled a dwarf MW and thought I'd add some feedback.

On Dwarf - I thought the dwarf racial would be pretty useful for breaking CC but the first tier monk talent breaks a lot of the predominant CC (Roots, Charge, etc) The 10% damage reduction is nice and being able to wipe all dots from you is amazing since it helps mitigate pressure.

I'd like to try gnome and human. I think AGM is just too good not to use, but at the same time the +6 haste BoA gives 2.5% haste which is incredible. Human would allow both without saccing the regular PVP trinket.

On MW - I can definitely see why you recommended stacking haste, although I've found survivability to be more of an issue than my healing output. If a feral opens on me with a stun and I don't have my trinket I pretty much just fall over.

With that in mind I opted to stack stam on certain enchants and push for versatility in all WoD enchant slots. The versatility is performing well, increasing heals by about 14% and reducing damage by 7% which isn't insignificant. I'm still hitting a little under 20% haste.

I'm running with 16% crit at the moment and this stat also deserves mention since burst healing has been quite useful. 500+ HoT ticks are a life saver. I wouldn't prioritize it though.

I chose the Hurricane enchant for my weapon but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't really notice when it procs.

Spirit is almost worthless from what I found but I haven't been playing long - I'd stack int and stam as I rarely go oom.

Movement speed is absolutely critical since monks can't cast any heals while moving like priests/druids can. Boots + Cloak MS all the way. We have to be standing still channeling to instant cast which usually means you fall behind your team or FC. I've actually found using ninja flip roll offensively to get closer to healing targets isn't as bad as it sounds.

Some gear choices I made:
Stacked Versatility and stam/haste for enchants.
Would like a pair of Woodworking Gloves with the +9 stam on them - I think this is the best use of stats in this slot. Magefist are a good backup
BoA ring is arguably BiS. The stam, crit, and haste are all incredibly potent. (1.5% haste, 3% crit and lots of HP)
Spidersilk boots over the quest item for feet - don't need the spirit.
AGM+Haste BoA seems optimal if you're human. Probably have to drop the haste trinket for AGM otherwise as bad as that sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently rolled a dwarf MW and thought I'd add some feedback.

On Dwarf - I thought the dwarf racial would be pretty useful for breaking CC but the first tier monk talent breaks a lot of the predominant CC (Roots, Charge, etc) The 10% damage reduction is nice and being able to wipe all dots from you is amazing since it helps mitigate pressure.

I'd like to try gnome and human. I think AGM is just too good not to use, but at the same time the +6 haste BoA gives 2.5% haste which is incredible. Human would allow both without saccing the regular PVP trinket.

On MW - I can definitely see why you recommended stacking haste, although I've found survivability to be more of an issue than my healing output. If a feral opens on me with a stun and I don't have my trinket I pretty much just fall over.

With that in mind I opted to stack stam on certain enchants and push for versatility in all WoD enchant slots. The versatility is performing well, increasing heals by about 14% and reducing damage by 7% which isn't insignificant. I'm still hitting a little under 20% haste.

I'm running with 16% crit at the moment and this stat also deserves mention since burst healing has been quite useful. 500+ HoT ticks are a life saver. I wouldn't prioritize it though.

I chose the Hurricane enchant for my weapon but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I don't really notice when it procs.

Spirit is almost worthless from what I found but I haven't been playing long - I'd stack int and stam as I rarely go oom.

Movement speed is absolutely critical since monks can't cast any heals while moving like priests/druids can. Boots + Cloak MS all the way. We have to be standing still channeling to instant cast which usually means you fall behind your team or FC. I've actually found using ninja flip roll offensively to get closer to healing targets isn't as bad as it sounds.

Some gear choices I made:
Stacked Versatility and stam/haste for enchants.
Would like a pair of Woodworking Gloves with the +9 stam on them - I think this is the best use of stats in this slot. Magefist are a good backup
BoA ring is arguably BiS. The stam, crit, and haste are all incredibly potent. (1.5% haste, 3% crit and lots of HP)
Spidersilk boots over the quest item for feet - don't need the spirit.
AGM+Haste BoA seems optimal if you're human. Probably have to drop the haste trinket for AGM otherwise as bad as that sounds.

On race: dwarf racial is nice but not needed. Human is probably bis because of the 2 trinket slots. I prefer gnome for more escapes and the 1% haste :p
On stam vs haste: Yes you are correct. Running around with 2k health is slightly scary at times. I really enjoy the set that I have active atm for BGs. It is a bursty bracket, especially when multiple rends end up on the same target. I originally played around with a more stam-heavy set in BGs, but found that even though I was much more comfortable with 2.4-2.6k health, I couldn't top people off nearly as fast. I would be sitting back and spam heal someone as they got nuked and died. I just felt that the heals needed to be faster. As haste effects both the total healing of Soothing mist and Enveloping mist, your overall healing output scales insanely with it. As far as DPR, it is a solid ring and I have looked at it, my only problem with it is the lack of intellect. That and im kinda liking the spirit of lorekeepers. Not sure how much it really helps, I just feel that with the rest of my build, I have enough secondary stats. I might play around with it some more though.
On haste vs versatility: I tested the cheap versions of the WoD enchants, i like haste a lot better. versa might scale better with the bis enchants. idk. Your preference imo.
On your gear choices: looks good. Woodworking with 9 stam would be ideal for my arena set. In my arena set, i run my haste set in healer/dps vs healer/dps, with the stam set against bursty double dps, such as rogue/feral. I still love haste (as you can tell) and I think MW has a good bit of mobility with rolls and lust, so I don't think speed on boots are warrented. I run it in my stam set, but meh.
On weapon enchant: I love mark of warsong. It is an expensive enchant, but if you are putting haste on weapon, it is the way to go :D

Sorry for the wall of text, hope it helped :D Also could I get an armory? just curious to see how the monk project comes along :D

hey, do you have any clips of you playing MW?

Yes. I have several videos saved on my moms computer, but only one uploaded atm. I usually don't record WSG cuz it occasionally lags me. May try to record some WSG gameplay in the future tho. Heres an unedited arena clip of my first arenas since updating my gear. 19 Twink Mistweaver Arenas Got destroyed by a rogue somewhere in there. oh well

not even mistweaver can prevent this RIP team
forgot about this clip. the keg smash is real

On race: dwarf racial is nice but not needed. Human is probably bis because of the 2 trinket slots. I prefer gnome for more escapes and the 1% haste :p
On stam vs haste: Yes you are correct. Running around with 2k health is slightly scary at times. I really enjoy the set that I have active atm for BGs. It is a bursty bracket, especially when multiple rends end up on the same target. I originally played around with a more stam-heavy set in BGs, but found that even though I was much more comfortable with 2.4-2.6k health, I couldn't top people off nearly as fast. I would be sitting back and spam heal someone as they got nuked and died. I just felt that the heals needed to be faster. As haste effects both the total healing of Soothing mist and Enveloping mist, your overall healing output scales insanely with it. As far as DPR, it is a solid ring and I have looked at it, my only problem with it is the lack of intellect. That and im kinda liking the spirit of lorekeepers. Not sure how much it really helps, I just feel that with the rest of my build, I have enough secondary stats. I might play around with it some more though.
On haste vs versatility: I tested the cheap versions of the WoD enchants, i like haste a lot better. versa might scale better with the bis enchants. idk. Your preference imo.
On your gear choices: looks good. Woodworking with 9 stam would be ideal for my arena set. In my arena set, i run my haste set in healer/dps vs healer/dps, with the stam set against bursty double dps, such as rogue/feral. I still love haste (as you can tell) and I think MW has a good bit of mobility with rolls and lust, so I don't think speed on boots are warrented. I run it in my stam set, but meh.
On weapon enchant: I love mark of warsong. It is an expensive enchant, but if you are putting haste on weapon, it is the way to go :D

Sorry for the wall of text, hope it helped :D Also could I get an armory? just curious to see how the monk project comes along :D

Atherburst on Argent Dawn - just made him a few days ago so I have some stuff to grind since my mains on another server. Missing one neck and ring enchant. Missing Offhand (need to wait for DMF for this) and im 1 day away from chest. Trying to get AGM too. Also my talents are wrong on the armory for some reason.

Atherburst on Argent Dawn - just made him a few days ago so I have some stuff to grind since my mains on another server. Missing one neck and ring enchant. Missing Offhand (need to wait for DMF for this) and im 1 day away from chest. Trying to get AGM too. Also my talents are wrong on the armory for some reason.

gotcha! thanks, just curious who my fellow mistweavers are :D Upon looking at your armory, I think i saw you in a BG the other game. we were getting GY farmed and you got in late if i remember. good to see other mistweavers around :D

gotcha! thanks, just curious who my fellow mistweavers are :D Upon looking at your armory, I think i saw you in a BG the other game. we were getting GY farmed and you got in late if i remember. good to see other mistweavers around :D

Haha yeah that was me. I couldn't figure out how two mist chain animations were coming out of me then I realized you were standing behind me.

So much focus on haste in here, int/sp still beats haste for every caster spec.

True. However, mistweaver is not the same as every caster spec. Take any caster dps or healer in the game. Ranged dps in this bracket focus on burst (for obvious reasons). Boomkins have dots, but thrive on big starsurges. Affli locks use haste mind you. Now on to the healer debate :p Take priest for example. PW: Shield. SP affects it. haste does not. Penance: haste affects a bit, but SP will always return the larger heal. Flash heal: haste reduces cast time, therefore increasing healing output, but SP is major. Now lets look at mistweaver. Soothing mist: the healing over the 6 seconds increases as your haste increases, because you get more ticks in the duration. YES intellect increases this. HOWEVER! from what i have seen, mistweavers scale really bad with spellpower :( Enveloping mist: another hot, the more haste you have, the more healing is done over the duraration. Same logic applies with soothing mist. Surging mist: your one spammable heal. this is your equivalent to flash heal/flash of light.
Now time for my logic:
If mistweaver did not have the two hots (SM and EM) and simply relied on a minor hot and spamming surging mist (assuming you had to cast it) then I could see intellect pulling ahead. However, the fact that you have two hots that both scale extremely well with haste, AND they both hit harder than surging mist, makes haste stacking extremely good. I am not at my computer with wow on it atm so I cannot check the exact numbers, but the tooltip changes from an int build to a haste build drastically increased my output on Soothing Mist and Enveloping Mist. Also, it is not like my spellpower is so weak that it takes forever to top someone off. I dont have to heal someone very long to pop them to 100%. The extra haste just helps to heal through bursty situations, in which your target could die in the time it takes to get your hard hitting heals up. I mean yes harder hitting heals sound nice in theory, but if they do not tick quickly or often enough to save someone, what does it matter?

When I say every caster spec I mean every caster spec. Mistweavers may scale less favorably with spellpower than other casters but that doesn't change the fact that spellpower still beats haste for them. If you don't believe me, do the math.

When I say every caster spec I mean every caster spec. Mistweavers may scale less favorably with spellpower than other casters but that doesn't change the fact that spellpower still beats haste for them. If you don't believe me, do the math.
You are still not counting in the fact that mistweavers have 2 strong hitting heal over time spells. A heal over time spell will benefit MUCH MORE from haste than a hard-casted spell (such as flash heal) will. So yes, in general, spellpower will be better for healers. However, since mistweavers are NOT like other healers due to the fact that they rely on multiple high-hitting hots instead of hard-casted heals, haste pulls ahead in healing by a good bit :D
edit: i cant test anything right now as I am at my dad's house and cannot log in to wow :D if you have maths on soothing or enveloping mist proving that intellect is superior feel free to show me :D

Actually hots benefit exactly as much from haste as other casts.

edit: Enveloping Mist as an example: At 160 spellpower 1 haste rating increases the healing done by ~4.44. 1 spellpower increases it by 6.6.

Actually hots benefit exactly as much from haste as other casts.

edit: Enveloping Mist as an example: At 160 spellpower 1 haste rating increases the healing done by ~4.44. 1 spellpower increases it by 6.6.

Haste provides utility in pvp that can't be measured since faster casts and shorter gcd mean you get to move around more and do more actions per second. Pve <> pvp. Monks heals are big enough with gear, more sp is overkill; you just end up overheating.

Haste provides utility in pvp that can't be measured since faster casts mean you get to move around more and do more actions per second. Pve <> pvp. Monks heals are big enough with gear, more sp is overkill; you just end up overheating.
Monk heals are channeled or instant, you can move as much as you want regardless of haste.

Monk heals are channeled or instant, you can move as much as you want regardless of haste.

I think he is saying that the higher your haste is, the faster your soothing mist and enveloping mist tick. So yes if you ignore haste and stack intellect on gear/chants where you can, your overall healing over the full duration of the HoT may be slightly higher, but if the target doesn't live for the full duration of the HoT, the extra intellect is not useful if you are not healing fast enough to heal through the burst that the target is receiving. Haste allows you to heal faster with both hots, because even if they are healing for more health/tick with intellect, you get more ticks off in a shorter amount of time with haste.

Users who are viewing this thread