My personal take on the presence of reputation gear in the bracket

Hello all, this post is more of a disclaimer that will look into what some players see as an ""issue"" that will started to rise today and will rise more a few months from now: The presence of shadowlands reputation gear inside in the bracket

If you're interested in grinding it yourself, there is other topics in the forum which you can find information in the 50's and 49's categories. But if you're interested to discuss and talk about the existence of that type of gear, stick around

Personally I've done a lot of 49 twinks before i even knew about the reputation gear, and when i looked into it, i realized how pain in the ass of a grind that is, but i accepted it, and went on to do it, after getting information in a collaborative effort with many people looking into the Best of the best gear possible - and we found them.

I personally don't think this will in its last form "break" the bracket, because there is nothing like god mode here, we can argue about how much of "not fair" it is for you to be beating someone with 3x the damage you do - but i personally went the 2 months of grinding doing world pvp against level 60 players which had many times that amount of damage above me and i don't think this should be used as justification - also because there is no "wrong" or "right" in this aspect, its just a new gameplay that people will have to adapt - by getting good, by doing coordinated plays, by outplaying me or by queue dodging

I understand people being mad and calling me stuff because of they don't thinking that having this gear is correct and, indeed, i expect the gear to be nerfed, as i said many times before with many people that i've talked about it before. I really think there is a healthier solution to twink and scaling to allow people to actually lock xp and queue just fine but the world isn't fair or perfect.

Not having your BIS gear in the content you play its the basics of this game, and i dont mean to say this in order to people accept me, people just need to realize this fact that if they want to gear 100% optimal, they need to get out of their comfort zone - that's what i did.

All of my transfers and accounts are gold only, i've never spent a single real money - even to buy shadowlands expansion itself, i play for free for some months now and i have a good knowledge about gold farming and how to sustain yourself in this game, ive grinded all the way up to exalted as a 50 and this is a massive grind to do it

Personally i dont feel anything bad about people being mad at me and not wanting to play against me because of the gear and i cant blame then no one likes to get one shotted or outplayed eventually - but i really dont care what people think in this aspect, i will play as normally even if blizzard nerfs it to the ground - i still have all my bfa gear in the bank - which is still enough for me to one shot people

I'm loving being the pioneer but there's like at least 3 people behind me something like 2 to 3 weeks away, and i'd love to see more of then could you imagine a healer so powerfull that even "super twinks" cant kill it? that would be dope

I Dont think that transfering is exploiting and/or getting the rep gear is too, Those system have rules, and those are the rules - Could it be to enforce people to use real life money? Perhaps, but i dont want to enter in this area because nobody here can answer and talking about it in my view would not be productive - but if you were to ask me, i would say i disagree with that strategy of getting gear, but again its the best gear and people will do everything about it to get the juicy big numbers - as all the raiders and max-level content do.

So after all that wall-text i'm really grateful of not needing to do world quests anymore (for now), and the next twinks i will do will get only ilv 164 pieces casually, im not even saying im a good player, i just play for griefing and gearing and i have some idea of pvp, i just found a niche where i can grief all day long, so yall can expect to see me around for a very long time, i dont care about fairness in a natural unfair environment

Also some people asked me to do a guide on it, and im totally not up to the task cause, as i said, i expect this to get nerfed, i dont have any plans about it

TLDR:
Get good or get gear

I twink because I just want to be able to do some BGs without the never ending chores at max level, and be forced into either arena or mythics. I dont have that much time to play wow anymore, I just want some casual fun every so often after work. I dont even want to be BIS in every slot, just strong enough to not be irrelevant or walked over.

We now have reputation gear in the bracket, all locked behind months of grind, and paid server transfers (which are against the rules if I remember right, but I might be wrong, sorry if I am). That gear level is insane compared to what we should have access to. Essentially Bramble Staff, but with some more grind, and at least 25$.

I left the bracket the day you posted (was that you? not sure) that you finally acquired that gear. Because I knew from there on, it was only a matter of time before we'll start to see more and more. And that gear isnt a mere slight advantage, it's massive.

Not trying to attack you or anything, just my raw honest feedback. You pushed the limit of what was possible, you grinded, you got your gear, cool. It's what a lot of twinkers do, they try to get the very best gear. But now it's not only farming some instances, or leveling a profession. It's paying, plus months of very boring stuff. (and transferring from a shadowlands account to a non-shadowlands account, which is not allowed).

Well, that's not for me. Not sure how many people want to stick around with such items being there, but that's a no go for me. Best of luck in the 50s, have fun.

I can’t see it getting nerfed, I can see shadowlands gear being useless once transferred to a bfa locked account though, that happened before when people got bfa azerite and transferred to a legion locked account, months later all the gear was red iirc.

From my experience, i think bfa gear in legion bracket were never nerfed, but this strategy was way less spread out (i say cause i had a shaman twink with bfa gear and i went until the end of bfa with him)

Im my opinion, the low level pvp should totally get some love in balancing and gear access, we could get the stat template from party sync in order to manage how twinks could get ilvl in the game - they should be stronger than party sync but not overall, but more often then not blizzard show that they dont really care about low level pvp, unfortunately that's the reality that we live on, i'd personally recommend people to open a bug report ticket

One way or the other, something will limit the reputation gear. While I doubt the gear will get the stats nerfed, I absolutely do expect Blizzard to slap a level 60 requirement on the gear, as it should have had from the beginning. I think that's what @thefatgoblin meant by "nerfed" in this case. The stats on the gear clearly correspond with the expectation of use at level 60.

People twink for different reasons, and for those like @Margooya who twink to be able to do instanced PvP without feeling like they have to grind a gear treadmill, I get that. The rep gear is so strong, that it basically creates a whole other, higher tier of twinks. The gap between regular gear and twink gear is the same as the gap between twink gear and rep gear. We can argue back and forth about the types of grind we prefer and what's "allowed" or not, but at the end of the day, rep gear is that much stronger.

Situations like this expose an undercurrent of hypocrisy in the twink community. We have players who like to PvP after getting off the gear treadmill, and we have players who like to find a niche and see how far they can push it. I have done and continue to do both. But for those arguing that this gear is unfair, your names better not be appearing on posts talking about how Blizzard should re-merge XP-off and XP-on battlegrounds and arenas. There are good reasons Shadowlands rep gear needs a level limit, and I say that as someone who is currently grinding that gear for a bracket that doesn't even exist, but twinks getting a taste of their own medicine is not one one of those reasons.

One way or the other, something will limit the reputation gear. While I doubt the gear will get the stats nerfed, I absolutely do expect Blizzard to slap a level 60 requirement on the gear, as it should have had from the beginning. I think that's what @thefatgoblin meant by "nerfed" in this case. The stats on the gear clearly correspond with the expectation of use at level 60.

People twink for different reasons, and for those like @Margooya who twink to be able to do instanced PvP without feeling like they have to grind a gear treadmill, I get that. The rep gear is so strong, that it basically creates a whole other, higher tier of twinks. The gap between regular gear and twink gear is the same as the gap between twink gear and rep gear. We can argue back and forth about the types of grind we prefer and what's "allowed" or not, but at the end of the day, rep gear is that much stronger.

Situations like this expose an undercurrent of hypocrisy in the twink community. We have players who like to PvP after getting off the gear treadmill, and we have players who like to find a niche and see how far they can push it. I have done and continue to do both. But for those arguing that this gear is unfair, your names better not be appearing on posts talking about how Blizzard should re-merge XP-off and XP-on battlegrounds and arenas. There are good reasons Shadowlands rep gear needs a level limit, and I say that as someone who is currently grinding that gear for a bracket that doesn't even exist, but twinks getting a taste of their own medicine is not one one of those reasons.

What you have to consider is, in Blizzards eyes that rep gear is earned as the player progresses from 48 up to 60, they dont want or permit people to stay at the lower end thouh the XP debuff or transfer method. If those 2 possibilities didnt exist the gear would be fine exactly as it is and offers a nice incentive as the player progresses though rep tiers on their way to 60.

I really dont see them changing the gear at this stage, lever requirements included, too many broke things in Shadowlands that has their attention. The transfer method I can see them taking action, especially if more and more people do it.

What you have to consider is, in Blizzards eyes that rep gear is earned as the player progresses from 48 up to 60, they dont want or permit people to stay at the lower end thouh the XP debuff or transfer method. If those 2 possibilities didnt exist the gear would be fine exactly as it is and offers a nice incentive as the player progresses though rep tiers on their way to 60.

Maybe I'm an exception, but my 60 only made it to friendly with one faction by the time I did reach 60. My impression is that leveling happens fast enough in Shadowlands that nobody reaches honored with any of the four main factions before reaching 60, and certainly not revered nor exalted. Rep gear offers another way to gear up for those who prefer questing and world events over dungeons.

I really dont see them changing the gear at this stage, lever requirements included, too many broke things in Shadowlands that has their attention. The transfer method I can see them taking action, especially if more and more people do it.

I see them putting level requirements on the gear because it's an easier fix that doesn't require touching the transfer method. I'm not convinced Blizzard sees a problem with the transfer method -- if people want to spend their money and gold for account transfers, Blizzard will be fine with that. The only reason the transfer method is in question in the first place is because of the rep gear. But to your point, Blizzard has bigger things to fix first.

Maybe I'm an exception, but my 60 only made it to friendly with one faction by the time I did reach 60. My impression is that leveling happens fast enough in Shadowlands that nobody reaches honored with any of the four main factions before reaching 60, and certainly not revered nor exalted. Rep gear offers another way to gear up for those who prefer questing and world events over dungeons.

I see them putting level requirements on the gear because it's an easier fix that doesn't require touching the transfer method. I'm not convinced Blizzard sees a problem with the transfer method -- if people want to spend their money and gold for account transfers, Blizzard will be fine with that. The only reason the transfer method is in question in the first place is because of the rep gear. But to your point, Blizzard has bigger things to fix first.
Well, if you recall that's exactly what they did with BFA to Legion accounts, the azerite gear from BFA all turned red as if it needed a repair, and if its financial motivation for Blizzard that could see it from the point of view that, you want shadowlands faction gear you buy shadowlands, but who knows, all depends how vocal people get, and how silly people are with it.

@Kirise nailed it

I particularly am one of the kind that i find a niche and push as hard as i can into it to see how far it goes, we can discuss how the nerf should happen or could happen, but at the end of the day, the talk its gonna be just about what each of us think of this, because the feedback about the nerfs should be directed to blizzard anyway

if i could bet a dollar on it, i would bet blizzard will nerf the rep itens with somewhat level requirement on then, its the fastest way possible in my view

if you dont solo que im going to assume youre trash and need the backup.

Ego's get the best of every bracket in the end. No one ever groups up because...you know, playing with friends and all is just stupid. Why would anyone play a video game for.....fun? That fun shit just seems so dumb.

Sorry, but let's try to be honest here.

Calling people names because they party up is...unproductive at best. And plain toxic.

That said, pretending that groups of twinks group up just to "play with friends" is ludicrous. It is to curb stomp randoms.

Ultimately it is blizzard's awful matchmaker fault, we can all agree on this. A premade should be matched against another premade, even if that makes them occur a longer queue time. Hell, they do this in HotS, so it's not like it is rocket science, they know this, they just dont care enough.

But let's drop the silly arguments.

Truth is, Twinks are kinda toxic already, we all know this. We still partake for different reasons. Twink premades are toxic time 3, for whoever face them. And they dont do it in the off chance that they'd face another premade either.

everyone relax lol

people do premade looking for other twinks margooya, at least on na. we communicate xfaction with bnet group, and discord.

people also premade cause they are scared to queue alone and constantly blame the "7k'ers", at least on ally. (even tho its the winning faction in most games..) usually not mythic players though. that leads to more casuals wanting to group up.

gy farms are there, usually not like, standing in wsg gys. but the other maps get it easy. thats just what happens when you have a diverse bracket. youll have everyone doing something. someone asking you what your RBG rating is, someone shitting on you for grouping, someone gy farming, nice guys, girl gamers, people playing for the first time in years. they are all there.

about the gear in its current state in our na bracket:
we literally run into 1 active player with rep. and theres like 5 active ppl who will actually play when they are done. alliance toons are in progress supposedly. and the only guy finished and is active, solo queues half the time and isnt toxic.. maybe the amount of people using fleshcraft and other cov spells is kinda iffy... i personally dont really press it untill im 1% HP and can pull of a batman escape. thats a bit of a different discusssion though. since thats 20 mins of effort vs 2 months.

i guess if a bunch of people show up on some beefy 25k HP toons, it would be different. im not going to imagine that scenario because its been months and it hasnt happened. but if youre active in the bracket by now you know most of the people playing.. at least NA cause we try to communicate xfaction.

but its not killing anything. the people who complain or quit when they run into mr shadowlands are the same guys who cry about 7k andys, or zuju farming the GY looking for all the pvp he can get as a warrior. the 50 population is gonna be good for sometime with the current attitude towards shadowlands. its very likely not going to effect your games. I literally gave up on MY rep toon. because i didnt have the need or want for it. or the drive to do that effort. the guys doing it really are a small population of the twinks active in the bracket.

that stuff is pretty op for pve though... level boosting. and the gear says your level that you bought it as for the req.. gf inc or whatever, you seen the last 6 months of stuff. anyways thats my thoughts as a 50 main and owner of horde US comm

I don't see blizzard doing anything about it any time soon if at all. I don't see SL gear as much of an issue either. I can take most of them 1v1 on an item lvl 113 mage. There's no doubt in my mind that the hunter pulling 1 million damage in an AB is using something else besides SL gear. Some kind of exploit for sure. The lot of them that are using SL gear aren't very good anyway. Just look at their achievements. If you are honor lvl 200+ and have never hit 1500 in arena or rated bg.... well lets just say there is a reason they have never played end game. That goes for any "twink" without achievements good enough to link at end game to even get into a 1500 yolo rated bg. However, I do believe the twinks that are getting SL gear at 50 are the real twinks. Your twink isn't supposed to be your main. Last time my twink was my main was back in classic at 39 and then 49 and man did it have a hard time. I find grinding to be a twink in most brackets to be much harder than capping conquest or whatever at end game. It's what you signed up for. Also I don't have SL gear or own SL because if i did I wouldn't be wasting my time in this bracket lol.

Hello all, this post is more of a disclaimer that will look into what some players see as an ""issue"" that will started to rise today and will rise more a few months from now: The presence of shadowlands reputation gear inside in the bracket

If you're interested in grinding it yourself, there is other topics in the forum which you can find information in the 50's and 49's categories. But if you're interested to discuss and talk about the existence of that type of gear, stick around

Personally I've done a lot of 49 twinks before i even knew about the reputation gear, and when i looked into it, i realized how pain in the ass of a grind that is, but i accepted it, and went on to do it, after getting information in a collaborative effort with many people looking into the Best of the best gear possible - and we found them.

I personally don't think this will in its last form "break" the bracket, because there is nothing like god mode here, we can argue about how much of "not fair" it is for you to be beating someone with 3x the damage you do - but i personally went the 2 months of grinding doing world pvp against level 60 players which had many times that amount of damage above me and i don't think this should be used as justification - also because there is no "wrong" or "right" in this aspect, its just a new gameplay that people will have to adapt - by getting good, by doing coordinated plays, by outplaying me or by queue dodging

I understand people being mad and calling me stuff because of they don't thinking that having this gear is correct and, indeed, i expect the gear to be nerfed, as i said many times before with many people that i've talked about it before. I really think there is a healthier solution to twink and scaling to allow people to actually lock xp and queue just fine but the world isn't fair or perfect.

Not having your BIS gear in the content you play its the basics of this game, and i dont mean to say this in order to people accept me, people just need to realize this fact that if they want to gear 100% optimal, they need to get out of their comfort zone - that's what i did.

All of my transfers and accounts are gold only, i've never spent a single real money - even to buy shadowlands expansion itself, i play for free for some months now and i have a good knowledge about gold farming and how to sustain yourself in this game, ive grinded all the way up to exalted as a 50 and this is a massive grind to do it

Personally i dont feel anything bad about people being mad at me and not wanting to play against me because of the gear and i cant blame then no one likes to get one shotted or outplayed eventually - but i really dont care what people think in this aspect, i will play as normally even if blizzard nerfs it to the ground - i still have all my bfa gear in the bank - which is still enough for me to one shot people

I'm loving being the pioneer but there's like at least 3 people behind me something like 2 to 3 weeks away, and i'd love to see more of then could you imagine a healer so powerfull that even "super twinks" cant kill it? that would be dope

I Dont think that transfering is exploiting and/or getting the rep gear is too, Those system have rules, and those are the rules - Could it be to enforce people to use real life money? Perhaps, but i dont want to enter in this area because nobody here can answer and talking about it in my view would not be productive - but if you were to ask me, i would say i disagree with that strategy of getting gear, but again its the best gear and people will do everything about it to get the juicy big numbers - as all the raiders and max-level content do.

So after all that wall-text i'm really grateful of not needing to do world quests anymore (for now), and the next twinks i will do will get only ilv 164 pieces casually, im not even saying im a good player, i just play for griefing and gearing and i have some idea of pvp, i just found a niche where i can grief all day long, so yall can expect to see me around for a very long time, i dont care about fairness in a natural unfair environment

Also some people asked me to do a guide on it, and im totally not up to the task cause, as i said, i expect this to get nerfed, i dont have any plans about it

TLDR:
Get good or get gear

idk I hope people can see the irony in complaining about a ilvl/gear discrepancy in a twink bracket. I can say the queue times have increased more and more, although I'm sure that not a direct result of you, it's discouraged me from playing as much as I used to.

I have played wow since 2010 and dabbled in twinking. I'm not that good. I just have fun and sometimes kick ass. I have a couple level 20s that I'm gearing up, and the druid and hunter that I have the bramble staff on are pretty powerful, esp the hunter. I had to make 3 druids and level them to 10 before I got it. I had to make 3 different void elf hunterss too, but luckily those start at level 10. What's your guys take on the Bramble staff? And, do you think it will get nerfed?

covenant rep gear has a minimum ilevel of 60 now or is it a visual bug? i thought i remembered them having a min of 50 required did something change? i dont want to start the grind if its all for nothing.
For now it's just a visual bug but might be all for nothing literally any time so before starting rep grind you should be mentally prepared for that.

Users who are viewing this thread