30-39 MrCer's 39 Twink Paladin Guide

I've updated the Paladin guide.

After doing some dungeons I realized that the Noxxion's Shackles are mail now and the stats are not too different from Revelosh Armguard's of Power. So for those of you who are farming Revelosh for your Perfect Revelosh Armguard's of Power, use Noxxion's Shackles until you get them. They are better(imo) than the Imperfect Revelosh Armguard's of Power, because they give Str not Straight AP, so Kings can increase the amount of AP you get from Str.

Good luck!

The 39 Twink Paladin guide has been updated!

After a few weeks of playing nothing but Flag Carrier, I felt the need to add some more information for the Flag Carrying part of the guide:

When to use Stamina Gear vs ToT Gear when Flag Carrying

I had this question myself when I first started to Flag Carry. But after some ingame experience, I feel as though I have learned a lot. I hope you all enjoy it :)

Nice guide Mrcer, I`ve only just got round to fully reading it.

I`ve come to realise you are a bit of a perfectionist like me. I am going to PM you with some things I have noticed, plus suggestions that I think may help.

Too many to list here, I`ll put them in the PM.

Regards.

Thanks doobry!

EDIT: Made the changes that doobry has sent me. Thanks again doobry :D

I'm not sure if you're still keeping this up to date.. but I'm liking the guide.

I noticed that in the flag carrying section you have Green Lens of Stamina..

but in the Healing section you don't have Green lens of the Eagle.

Imo Green lens of the Eagle > BoA helm, but not by much.

+7 Stamina + 3 Intellect at the cost of 8 Spirit and 8 Crit rating. (That's if you have a perfect lens, if imperfect just take 1 stat away from stam or int)

Also, would PoD be a better choice than Jackhammer for paladins? I could see Jackhammer being BiS for warriors (Jackhammer proc allowing more white swings = more rage). Where as PoD has higher top end and higher low end, allowing crusader strikes etc to hit for a heap (not to mention the proc it has)

I'm actually interested.. so if ya can answer these questions please do.

Smiffy said:
I'm not sure if you're still keeping this up to date.. but I'm liking the guide.

I noticed that in the flag carrying section you have Green Lens of Stamina..

but in the Healing section you don't have Green lens of the Eagle.

Imo Green lens of the Eagle > BoA helm, but not by much.

+7 Stamina + 3 Intellect at the cost of 8 Spirit and 8 Crit rating. (That's if you have a perfect lens, if imperfect just take 1 stat away from stam or int)

Also, would PoD be a better choice than Jackhammer for paladins? I could see Jackhammer being BiS for warriors (Jackhammer proc allowing more white swings = more rage). Where as PoD has higher top end and higher low end, allowing crusader strikes etc to hit for a heap (not to mention the proc it has)

I'm actually interested.. so if ya can answer these questions please do.

I'll answer that when I get to work..running late ;/

For the BoA Helm, your looking at these stats:

Head Leather

252 Armor

+19 Stamina

+13 Intellect

+8 Spirit

Item Level 1

Equip: Increases your critical strike rating by 8 (0.96% @ L39).

Equip: Experience gained is increased by 10%.

For Green Lens you have:

112 Armor

+10 Stamina

+15-16 Stamina

+15-16 Intellect

For healing, you should always go Mining/herb. Mining gives the extra +10 Stam and Herb gives the +11.74% Haste for 20 seconds + minor heal.

However, if you take engineering to get the Eagle Lens. now your going to have to either sacrifice the 11.74% haste or the +10 extra Stam.

The Base stats of Eagle lens are better than the base stats of the Casters BoA Helm. However, the BoA Helm also has the +8 spirit, +8 crit, and more than double the amount of armor. By taking the BoA Helm route, you get both the 11.74% haste AND the +10 stam, while with the Lens you only get to pick one or the other.

Now if I was arguing a Disc Priests point of view, that would be very difficult. The 16 Int from Green lens allows a Disc Priest to benefit even more from the extra Int. But still your looking at the same problem that a holy paladin has to do with. If you go engineering for the eagle lens, you have to give up either mining or herb for the engineering slot.

In Most cases, if you have access to the BoA helm, then go Mining/Herb for Healing(unless your a Flag Carrier, then go eng/mining). But if you don't have access to BoA Helm and you just so happen to have access to Eagle Lens, then go Eng/Mining or Eng/herb and use the eagle lens.

Now the quest about Jackhammer vs PoD. First of all, PoD isn't as good as it used to be. They nerfd it and I would use the BoA Axe or Morg Might 2-h Mace over a PoD. But a Jackhammer will always remain BiS for Feral Druids, Ret Paladins, Arms Warrior, and even some enhancement Shamans(lava lash hit's aren't very good). Now Jackhammer gives over 50% haste when it procs, and if you look at the Ret talent tree, The Art of War procs from autoattacks. Increasing the amount of Autoattacks will increase how often your art of war procs. When Jackhammer procs, your art of war will be procing left and right. Not only that, all your casting spell's cast time has been reduced by 50% as well, so Spamming Exorcism will destroy anyone you target. IE: JH-Proc+HoJ+Exorcism spam.

PoD used to be worth well over 1-2kg, but Most people wouldn't even pay over 500g for one now adays. PoD just isn't worth it.

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.

How did they nerf PoD? Just curious.

Edit: I thought about the profession arguement when considering Green lens of the Eagle.. was unnaware that Herbalism gave a passive haste rating.

IIRC they nerf'd it's damage. BoA axe, Morg Might, and Jackhammer(with proc) does more DPS/Burst Damage. Tho I'd have to double check the stat difference between Shattering PoD and Pre-Shattering PoD.

EDIT: Pre-Shatting:

Pendulum of Doom

Binds when equipped

Axe

Two-Hand

Speed 4.00

124 - 187 Damage

(38.9 damage per second)

Durability 100 / 100

Requires Level 39

Item Level 44

Chance on hit: Delivers a fatal wound for 250 to 350 damage.

Shattering:

Binds when equipped

Two-Hand Axe

111 - 168 Damage Speed 3.90

(35.7 damage per second)

Durability 100 / 100

Requires Level 35

Item Level 40

Chance on hit: Delivers a fatal wound for 250 to 350 damage.

With regards to this Jackhammer. It is an almighty proc, but what is the proc rate?

With such a high burst proc, one would assume the proc rate is very low. I would question whether it would be BiS, purely dependant on the proc rate.

The 39 Twink Paladin guide has been updated!

I've updated some of the items that are BiS and are no longer BiS. I've also added coloring to make the guide more appealing. Also fixed the Healing spec. Fixed some of the links that weren't working correctly.

On my next day off I will hopefully get around to adding the DPS Tips
<

Enjoy<3

Mrcer you never did get round to implementing the changes that I suggested ages ago. Therefore, I denounce this guide and think it should be locked!
<

Chuck in a glossary explaining what the (!)'s and things are in your gear lists.

I already sorta had that in there at the top of the guide:

Everything you find here will be a complete guide for 39 Paladins but before we start I need to give some information for those who are new to twinking. Here is the extra information needed for those who might be new to twinking or just extra info in general about the guide:

Any BoA Gear cannot be enchanted with enchantments that state: “Requires a level 35 or higher item.â€￾

This guide does include grandfathered gear!

(!) Any gear with this next to it means it is rare and/or may be hard for players to obtain.

(?) Any gear with this next to it means it is grandfathered and is no longer available to players.

If for what ever reasons you see a (!?) combined, I suggest you do not attempt to get this item, it is almost considered “impossibleâ€￾ to get as of patch 4.0.3.

In the guide you will see feet enchantments such as: [Enchant Boots - Boar's Speed]. This grants a 9 stamina and minor speed increase (8%). If you are playing as a Ret paladin, DO NOT use this enchantment. [Pursuit of Justice] and this enchantment WILL NOT stack.

Mrcer you never did get round to implementing the changes that I suggested ages ago. Therefore, I denounce this guide and think it should be locked!
<

I thought i got most of them...which ones did i forget to add?

BiS GF neck for alliance is http://www.wowhead.com/item=7673#disenchanting

In the racial section:

- draenei racial only grants hit for the character itself (so no party members)

- stoneform grants a flat out 10 % dmg reduction (instead of 10% additional armor)

- for EMFH: it is worth mentioning that it is only on a 2 min cd unlike the 5 min every other race has to go for

Users who are viewing this thread