Most viable hunter spec?

Daileek

Legend
Now that we don't have Intimidation the only thing BM is good for is the high hitting Kill Command but I'd like to think Survival's Explosive Shot does a nice bit of damage. I also don't think Marksmanship is really a answer for me at least.

I am shocked you guys don't think subley is the best hunter spec ?

I don't backpeddle and I keybind, don't I already beat like half the hunters on f2p?

Ignore them or report them :) Apparently TI now has a 0 trolling policy so if you think it's trolling just report it.

To answer your question without a doubt SV. MM is still good for those "woah look at that crit lawl" ppl but SV is clearly better dmg wise and widespread dmg wise. BM is pointless now without intim (idc how much dmg kc does) so there should be no1 who's BM

Ignore them or report them :) Apparently TI now has a 0 trolling policy so if you think it's trolling just report it.

To answer your question without a doubt SV. MM is still good for those "woah look at that crit lawl" ppl but SV is clearly better dmg wise and widespread dmg wise. BM is pointless now without intim (idc how much dmg kc does) so there should be no1 who's BM

Thanks Lil, I'm also that guy who helped with the chest a month or two ago. Lol, but I went Surv so I'm fine :D

I found marksmanship to be fun, pretty much for exactly the reason lil mentioned. Functionally though, those high hits can be nice for occasionally surprising healers in battlegrounds and definitely make farming cloth for bandages a smooth process.

I switched over to survival though recently and damagewise, I think you made a good choice with that.

CATA was great for hunters... Any spec you choose was viable depending on play style.

Now it seems Surv is the spec to play. 2 of my hunters r surv... good dps etc. My other is still BM which is OK. Got to change up the pets to adapt.

Maybe one day PVP 20-24bracket will be so that all specs are viable.. just got to choose your play style and hope you get into balanced matches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nothing to say about this really.

xgUijya.png

OT: I despise hunters, but if you want to be the best you can, go SV imo. It has the best mobility while maintaining best dps (you may argue that MM has a better opener, but SV does a) more consistent dps and has b) more mobility while doing so)

It really makes me sick how alliance hunters get all this extra agility, crit , armor and stamina from the unfair gear. If it wasn't for blood fury I would have already changed to a night elf hunter. It is in those 15 seconds where I can squeeze out more dps than a fully twinked alliance hunter, but even with that being said its tough to bring one down 1v1 with that extra stamina/agil they get if they get the first hit on me or we hit each other at the same time especially if I don't pop blood fury.
I think that strength should add to your pets dps as well. Why is this bracket so unfair to horde hunters? How about some exclusive horde rings or leg options? I just don't understand and I don't think I ever will. Why would Strength boost horde hunters melee attack but not their pets? This game blows my mind. LOL, ok I am done raging.
I will say this about BM, KC has been killing me more than ever. It sucks bad when you are low on health and disengage but a pet is chasing you and kill commands from 20 feet away. So the hunter can deal significant damage to you with his pet and be like 80 yards away, a nice move to have in your arsenal but not as useful as explosive shot would be.
Fujin0 summed up survival pretty well. Good mobility and burst.

Users who are viewing this thread