MoP Nerfs, Buffs, and other stuff - Master Thread

I don't think I misunderstood it:

• Currently casters have 1% chance to hit with spells no matter the level difference.
  • Currently 1 point of hit at level 1 for melee gives 2.77%; for casters 3.25%.

• Normalization with melee sounds to me that they'd be equal meaning that it will take more hit now for casters to get the same percentage. However, that's assuming that it will be normalized down to melee and not up to spells....hence the comment followed by the ? ...
  • They're still going to need twice the hit that melee will on raid bosses (melee 7.5% spells 15%), but normalization also makes it sound like they'll lose the inherent 1% chance to hit

As for hunters, I forgot to add that ranged attacks can now be dodged, fixing that now

I don't think I misunderstood it:

• Currently casters have 1% chance to hit with spells no matter the level difference.
  • Currently 1 point of hit at level 1 for melee gives 2.77%; for casters 3.25%.

• Normalization with melee sounds to me that they'd be equal meaning that it will take more hit now for casters to get the same percentage. However, that's assuming that it will be normalized down to melee and not up to spells....hence the comment followed by the ? ...
  • They're still going to need twice the hit that melee will on raid bosses (melee 7.5% spells 15%), but normalization also makes it sound like they'll lose the inherent 1% chance to hit

As for hunters, I forgot to add that ranged attacks can now be dodged, fixing that now

The amount of hit needed for a caster is around the same as the amount of hit and expertise needed for a melee yes?

With casters now requiring expertise, there is no use to separate hit and spellhit caps, so they made them require the same amount. Also hunter attacks can be parried too. Block will now cause DR too, but not sure how.

The amount of hit needed for a caster is around the same as the amount of hit and expertise needed for a melee yes?

With casters now requiring expertise, there is no use to separate hit and spellhit caps, so they made them require the same amount. Also hunter attacks can be parried too. Block will now cause DR too, but not sure how.

Currently? No, they've never been the same. Melee hit cap is 8% and Spell hit cap is 17% ... according to the watercooler announcement, those numbers will change to 7.5% and 15% on a raid level boss. In MoP they "are normalizing melee and spell hit, so that spell miss is equal to melee miss plus dodge"...so it is inherently more ... or I am just completely off?

As for expertise, that will help spell hit..but does not help melee hit...so that could be interesting...I wonder how the racials will play into that?

Where did you read that Hunter's attacks can be parried?

DR just means that the more you have, the less benefit you get from 1 point of that stat...they said that block will work the same way.

Currently? No, they've never been the same. Melee hit cap is 8% and Spell hit cap is 17% ... according to the watercooler announcement, those numbers will change to 7.5% and 15% on a raid level boss. In MoP they "are normalizing melee and spell hit, so that spell miss is equal to melee miss plus dodge"...so it is inherently more ... or I am just completely off?

As for expertise, that will help spell hit..but does not help melee hit...so that could be interesting...I wonder how the racials will play into that?

Where did you read that Hunter's attacks can be parried?

DR just means that the more you have, the less benefit you get from 1 point of that stat...they said that block will work the same way.

Okay this is messed up.
The reason casters required more hit is because melee required expertise.
If casters will still need more hit on top of expertise, they lose too much in stats alone.

I misread the hunter one, disregard it.

As for expertise, that will help spell hit..but does not help melee hit...so that could be interesting...I wonder how the racials will play into that? -You still need expertise for melee hits, too.

Another thing that confuses me. *Expertise will negate dodge and spell miss, then parry.* since when does expertise negate MISS? That's hit rating's job.

Blizz should just keep things the way they were in terms of stat scaling. I've never been so confused in my nolife.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i agree...the more i read your comments and then reread theirs, the more confused i got too.

Warrs might be viable as tanks? with extra parry and all the rage gained from getting hit they might be able to spam heroic strika a lot. Looks like casters will be the new thing.

I stayed up late until the NDA was lifted from the MoP Press Tour hoping to update this thread with great info. Unfortunately, outside of some explanation of the pet battle system, I found nothing useful to level 1 twinks. Let me know if you find something:

MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria Press Tour

Added a few things from the updated Press Tour. Nothing special, but a couple of changes to the guild leveling experience might make be important for some level 1 guilds.

Possibly level 1 guild achievement hunters?

It would be interesting if it's possible to get a panda out at lvl 1 considering the passive that doubles well fed effects such as rumsey and halaani. Extra 150/200 is prob the best racial for lvl 1s unless you are purely dpsing. The quaking palm is OP for pvp since you can use it and go full hp with bandage, 4s is more than enough.

The monk seems very powerfull too, jab seems to deal about the same dmg as SS but at a slightly lower cost, they also have the way of the monk passive that seems OP. 40% dmg when dualweilding or 40% haste when weilding 2H.

finally we get useful cloak enchants!

New enchant in MoP: +9 all stats on cloak. No lvl or ilvl recquirements atm. Pretty much new BiS enchant for everyone.

Edit: seems like there is a lvl recquirement after all for every single enchant :s

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated the post with links for you boud ... they're at the bottom

I had mistakenly typed chest enchants in the link...that's fixed

added a couple of item changes at the bottom of the post ... if you guys see some more in beta let me know and I'll post them

anyone notice anything new I've not added? I can't think of anything really important besides BoA legs

Pandaren get the 50% more to a food buff so 30 stam rumsey

Maybe we could- nevermind thats against ToS

Nothing else I can really think of.

======
-Frost-
======

I moved my level one twink over to Beta and I must say, I feel a bit deflated. Mine's a hunter so I got nerfed by no longer having +25 agility and a 50% reduction to arcane shot. Mobs that I used to one shot are actually taking work to kill.

Furthermore, 2360 achievement points is now meaningless with the merger.

Titles being shared across accounts as well.

My pet stable being shared.

And last but not least, you have to be level 5 to do pet battles.

I guess I should get to work on my level 1 twinking video while I can. No way I'll be able to down Mok'rash solo once MoP hits.

yeah..the pet battle thing hurt deeply....

Will fishing still require lvl 5? Or will LFH be available for lvl 1's? :D

Users who are viewing this thread