[MOP] Neon's Updated Warrior Guide

Re: Neon's Updated Warrior Guide

Thanks for the work neon!

Since all the prot warrior abilities are based off AP wouldn't the PvP sword be viable since it has resil and the possibility of another attack proc?

The proc rate is too low to be viable, and the stats and parry just isn't worth losing for a small amount of resilence.

Yeah, the weird weapon speed makes the PvP Sword (Thrash Blade) weapon proc not worth while, you get it maybe once every 80 swings and knowing RNG it'll probably be a white swing. Search the forums if you want for an old Cata post where I go into further detail on it.

And no I wasn't being sarcastic, I like the Male Panda 2h stance.

As i just reactivated my undead warrior your guide is a nice read for mop.

Some points:
1) Horde races => Goblin is missing !
2) Nightelf best race for alliance warrior => That was true in cata because of charge only working out of combat. Don't see why it's still nr.1. My favorites would be worgen and draenei.
3) Does anybody have numbers for the new undead racial "Touch of the Grave"? Only found a 20% proc chance but no total numbers

But nice guide so far!

Cheers
Kinski

Yeah I swear I put goblin up there must of deleted it when I put up fonts. Oh well I put it up.

Updated Charge because, it' s affected by spell hit, if anyone wonders why they are missing with it.

Races

Alliance:

Nightelf: Smeld, and 2% less of a chance to be hit chance to dodge. (Night Elf is the best race for an Alliance Warrior.)
Small correction. Also allows Horde to more easily hit-cap versus Night Elves.

Also, with the claim that Night Elf is the best race for Alliance Warrior (count me as a skeptic to that claim), was that considering cata and earlier, where F2P Warriors were only able to charge while out of combat, and thus Smeld=charge-while-in-combat on a 2 min cd?

Thanks for this thread, Neon!

I don't have specific complaints with the BiS list, but am curious what stat weights you used to determine your picks. This would help to determine what gear to wear while farming honor for the BoA gear.

What value do you assign to dodge on Prot, especially since it only affects attackers they are facing? If dodge has a strictly limited value, might you consider "of the bear" over "of the champion"? How valuable is crit vs str for Arms? What crit value is more useful than 1 point of str? And how do you weigh str vs stam on Arms?

When I play with the item databases, I get some slightly different results from your BiS list and I am curious what numbers you use. What relative values do you give to stam, str, armor, dodge, parry, hit, and resil?

Opinions and insight from any experienced f2p warriors welcome. Thanks!

Thanks for this thread, Neon!

I don't have specific complaints with the BiS list, but am curious what stat weights you used to determine your picks. This would help to determine what gear to wear while farming honor for the BoA gear.

What value do you assign to dodge on Prot, especially since it only affects attackers they are facing? If dodge has a strictly limited value, might you consider "of the bear" over "of the champion"? How valuable is crit vs str for Arms? What crit value is more useful than 1 point of str? And how do you weigh str vs stam on Arms?

When I play with the item databases, I get some slightly different results from your BiS list and I am curious what numbers you use. What relative values do you give to stam, str, armor, dodge, parry, hit, and resil?

Opinions and insight from any experienced f2p warriors welcome. Thanks!

The prot gear isn't BiS,but the Arms gear is, I just never got around to really finishing it.

The prot gear isn't BiS,but the Arms gear is, I just never got around to really finishing it.

Ok then, let's just talk Arms. Why do you think that list is BiS for Arms? What information/data do you use to steer your gear choices?

I love stat weights. I work with tables and formulas in databases every day at work. I know from doing Google searches that wowhead, noxxic, icy-veins, and askmrrobot use stat weights, but they are all tuned for lvl 90 with reforging.

What are the current hit and expertise caps?
How important do you consider expertise? Important enough to wear the foreman's gloves instead of algae/skeletal?
How important do you consider stamina in comparison to dps stats? I notice you chose 5str/3stam silverlaine ring for horde arms over the 7str foul strength ring. So, 3 stam is better than 2 str?

I am not experienced enough to disagree with you, but I want to understand your logic.

As a semi-related question: I was leveling a pair of warriors and I made one Arms and the other Prot to compare builds. With starting zone gear, the Prot warrior's Shield Slam did almost triple the damage of the Arms warrior's Mortal Strike. How does the damage compare at 20?

Ok then, let's just talk Arms. Why do you think that list is BiS for Arms? What information/data do you use to steer your gear choices?

I love stat weights. I work with tables and formulas in databases every day at work. I know from doing Google searches that wowhead, noxxic, icy-veins, and askmrrobot use stat weights, but they are all tuned for lvl 90 with reforging.

What are the current hit and expertise caps?
How important do you consider expertise? Important enough to wear the foreman's gloves instead of algae/skeletal?
How important do you consider stamina in comparison to dps stats? I notice you chose 5str/3stam silverlaine ring for horde arms over the 7str foul strength ring. So, 3 stam is better than 2 str?

I am not experienced enough to disagree with you, but I want to understand your logic.

As a semi-related question: I was leveling a pair of warriors and I made one Arms and the other Prot to compare builds. With starting zone gear, the Prot warrior's Shield Slam did almost triple the damage of the Arms warrior's Mortal Strike. How does the damage compare at 20?

There is too much stats given up to trade off for those items. Mortal strike usually crits 400-600s, while Skill Slam crits 1.3ks. Arms is more useful imo for it's healing debuff and it has more consistent damage than Protection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread