Monk crane kick damage

Donnydb071

Veteran
Hi guys I recently made a monk I heard the crane kick can do amazing damage I just don’t understand how because mine still does 75 dmg in 1.2 sec I have almost everything socket all the other gear has int + haste on them I heard people got 600 dmg in ... (idk exact time) like how is that possible

Hi guys I recently made a monk I heard the crane kick can do amazing damage I just don’t understand how because mine still does 75 dmg in 1.2 sec I have almost everything socket all the other gear has int + haste on them I heard people got 600 dmg in ... (idk exact time) like how is that possible
I can't see how a lvl 10 can do 600 damage with a Crane Kick. I've got an old 10 Mist Monk, last XPac geared that does 86 (unbuffed). No where near 600. I'd suggest SP is the key, maybe with everything proc'd and buff'd, you could get it higher, but not to 600 at lvl 10.

A combination of the broken staff and lifestealing on a BM monk. Not MW.

Heres a lazy 10 I threw together in an afternoon to give you an idea of what to do. And yes, spinning crane kick does do good dmg. But its not gonna like... one shot a boss if thats what you're looking for.
Ahhh, yeah.....ahhhhh... totally looks like it was just slapped together in an afternoon....... :p

Heres a lazy 10 I threw together in an afternoon to give you an idea of what to do. And yes, spinning crane kick does do good dmg. But its not gonna like... one shot a boss if thats what you're looking for.
What is ur damage on crane kick and in how many sec’s

10 MW is better than 10 BM or 10 WW. you have to manage resources with BM and WW. MW just cost 4 mana per spin. cant run out of mana. life-stealing and expel harm is all you need to literally auto run to bosses spamming crane kick. Bramble staff gives less benefit than Legion weapon for healer as healing dmg is based off spell power and not weapon dmg. Especially now with ilvl 54 MW weapon you shouldn't go anything but MW at 10. only benefit to tank is better touch of death.

if anyone says BM or WW is better at 10 then they obviously like having to work up chi or manage energy more than just auto running while spamming spin, expel harm and rising sun kick.

if you want to play WW play from at least level 12 as fist of fury is the strongest move in the game.

Last edited:
10 MW is better than 10 BM or 10 WW. you have to manage resources with BM and WW. MW just cost 4 mana per spin. cant run out of mana. life-stealing and expel harm is all you need to literally auto run to bosses spamming crane kick. Bramble staff gives less benefit than Legion weapon for healer as healing dmg is based off intellect and not weapon dmg.

if anyone says BM or WW is better at 10 then they obviously like having to work up chi or manage energy more than just auto running while spamming spin, expel harm and rising sun kick.

if you want to play WW play from at least level 12 as fist of fury is the strongest move in the game and BM just sucks period.
If you don't pick a spec, SCK costs nothing. Anyone tested that? Can you even Q a dungeon without picking a spec?

If you don't pick a spec, SCK costs nothing. Anyone tested that? Can you even Q a dungeon without picking a spec?

You have to choose a spec to use LFD. It will auto switch you to your selected role even if you are out of said role when teleported into the dungeon. Each run I queue as tank then have to switch to MW at the entrance.

^I do not know if this applies to manually walking into a dungeon.^

/run SetSpecialization(2) changes you to MW (you can change to your active spec but does nothing but bring up the cast bar)

Last edited:

What's the reasoning for Lifestealing enchant over something like Elemental Force? Just wanting to be tankier or does it perform better damagewise for BM?

Lifesteal has a high change to proc the first few times you hit an enemy. This proc chance is separate per mob. Spin does those first few hits in 1 cast. most mobs die in 1-2 spins.

@10 my MW monks spin tooltip is at 200 dmg

Yeah I just switched to Lifesteal and noticing the damaging increase. Cheers!

I searched but couldn't find it, that's why I'm asking. How do I find the "Lifestealing" enchant?
I read that it was removed from the game.

Users who are viewing this thread