EU+US Manual F2P Hiscores - Achievements and HKs

Hello.

Like a year ago @Hashbrowns spent a couple of his evenings to craft Java code of quality so high, if transformed to a wow item it would be an epic quality warforged AGM. Naturally, I didn't understand jack of what was going on in the code, but it worked and produced something of this sort:

lWeygB1.png

Thanks to you guys I managed to get many more character links to test this out, which turned out to be vital, because we encountered problems with players using special characters in their name - especially from Russian alphabet.

I got the code from Hashbrowns and tried and tried to make something more of it, but I just was too much of a newbie in Java to grasp his code. I still don't get like half of it, but now, a year later, I'm able to take it and add my own parts.

How the program works is it accesses Blizzard's API, collects data from there and does a few checks (for example, if the character is level 20), then it gathers it all and sorts based on amount of F2P Achi points, Vet Achi points or HKs and puts it all on the screen.

Ideally, we want it to look nice and tidy, and following Lofi's example we could make a beautifully formatted forum post - this is, for now, a big workload because of how the method the program uses to store all the data. I have, however, managed to make it into a html file and have a site ranking with links to each character - basically all the functionality required with minimum aesthetics.

Here's how it looks at this moment:

rEhyrf5.png

The site continues down with vet rankings and HK rankings.

also there's no ßabydoll yet so I can feel good about myself for a while thanks

The site is not yet accessible, and I don't know if it ever will be - if I figure out how to convert it all into a nice forum post, I'd prefer that.

Please tell me if you guys are still interested in seeing F2P rankings or not so I know if I should continue working on this. Also, a round of applause for our boy Hashbrowns for making the IT magic happen!

Thank you for the kind words brother!
If you need anything feel free to reach out.
I want to write something new... I thought about a dps simulator for 20s, like simcraft, but it seems hard to predict bis gear and secondaries for PvP as burst seems more important than fractional increments... If you have ideas let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread