Making New Guild for P.O.C WoW players :)

Discussion in 'General Offtopic' started by Childishgankino, Aug 28, 2020.

Share This Page

1. OP
    Childishgankino

Childishgankino Member

Thanks for all the love and support everyone :) i have like 2 realms I’m stuck on for the guild I’ll be deciding in the next coming days. BTW - as I stated in the original post - “This guild will be fully inclusive, so even if you are white you are still welcome!“. If you are interested or have friends please let them know. We are pretty chill people! Damn I really didn’t think I would get this much engagement and love! Glad all y’all really support this movement! There is too much fake news about #blacklivesmatter - glad ppl on xpoff are educated on the movement and want to be the change! I love this website! #Blacklivesmatter #justicefortrayvon #standup #wowsupportsblacklivematters
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2020, Original Post Date: Sep 1, 2020 ---
    Neon you are more than welcome to join :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2020 ---
    All love!!
    I support your decision :) I hope other races and cultures are welcome :)
    Very interesting response - thank you for your comment
    You are more than welcome to join :) as stated, all is welcome! Color blindness is something we all need to get comfortable acknowledging. Please join us :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Leek

Leek Veteran

wait, a POC guild that also invites "non coloureds" (literally had to look up what these words mean)... isnt that a normal guild then

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns Coordinator Arena Ladder Coordinator

The great thing about sports (and esports I guess) is no one gives 2 craps about your skin color. It's the great equalizer, away from the politics. If you can play, you can play. I'd happily accept you in HWM and I feel no need to specify our inclusion nor seek out certain diversity "numbers".

In general, I feel there should be no restrictions on a group or club of people. Even to the point of "only people of color" should you see fit. I feel that way about the boy/girl scouts so its only fair that logic be extended universally. It's not mine nor the governments job to get involved. People/free market will dictate the success of these groups. I just happen to think building a guild centered around race is a silly classification. But wish you luck.

The pushback (trolling) you are getting is because BLM is not solely what their name says. I have yet to find a single person that doesn't believe black lives matter, of course they do. This does not give a free pass to breakdown society and kill innocent people. Is this all BLM, no of course not. But those actions are loud. Nor should it account for "equality of outcome" over "equality of opportunity", which is a core pillar of a free society, being questioned right now. If you feel attacked as being a part of this guild, recognize the issue is complex and probably has very little to do with your actual skin color.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Leek

Leek Veteran

Meanwhile getting called the N word on Halo for taking a power weapon before a teamate xd

5. OP
    Childishgankino

Childishgankino Member

great points Hash :) very insightful please take a look at my recent post about blizzard supporting BLM and use this as a piece to gain a better understanding of representation and diversity in esports. Hope you can have a open mind. Thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 2, 2020, Original Post Date: Sep 2, 2020 ---
    happy to explain leek :) the guild is Shines a light at representation and diversity Within WoW. I’m glad that this is becoming a conversation because a lot of people are unaware of Lack representation of minority groups in many groups and fields. My post about blizzard supporting BLM also explains the history of inclusion and justice. I think blizzard is really making a strong message that many of us gamers didn’t acknowledge:) but hey. I’m happy! Because I can finally make my toon look like me :) #blizzardsupportsBLM

6. poolclosed

poolclosed Member

Obvious bait is obvious.

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Chops

Chops Soccer Dad Moderator

A lot of people arent gonna get it man, don't feel like you gotta waste time on folks making bad faith arguments.

God speed. I wish you luck with your guild.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Andre

Andre Agassi

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Dragpz

Dragpz Veteran

I am not black but i support this anyway

10. Yapah

Yapah Member

progressives in the 60s: we must end segregation!
    Progressives today: we must segregate into our respective safe spaces!

dafuq happened to y’all

• Like Like x 3
  11. kiri

kiri Member

lol, I thought he was making a guild for married men (Prisoners Of Cunts), like a support group thing for whipped gents.
    Was about to link it to Baldi..

Anyways, GL with the guild :)