EU+US Making a new 101 - suggestions?

Imnotabelf

Legend
Hey everyone,

Currently I have a 101 Beast Mastery Hunter, but I am looking to make something new and wanted some suggestions.

I have a level 70 Rogue I could level up; could make a Demon Hunter; or make something else?

Thanks!

Arcane mage is a very under played class and spec. But it seems to have the mobility of a Druid, single target dps of a hunter, and the aoe of well, an Arcane mage. Idk if it gets any better than Arcane explosion spamming.

Arcane mage is a very under played class and spec. But it seems to have the mobility of a Druid, single target dps of a hunter, and the aoe of well, an Arcane mage. Idk if it gets any better than Arcane explosion spamming.

I was curious as to how good arcane is. I had a 101 mage at one point with mythic archimonde trinket and the wod legendary ring, but sadly took the fire artifact, which ended up being super underwhelming. Had I grabbed the arcane artifact I'm sure I would have never leveled it past 101. I remember using an archimonde 745 staff and was still bursting upwards of 2-2.5m dps while being sub 800 ilvl too.

Any way you could record a run of you going through any of the four dungeons we have access to?

My fastest Nelth runs with using invis and invis potion correctly, also chest being in cave near 2nd boss, was 3 min 50 seconds. That's stopping timer once I loot 2nd skyhorn goods. It could be faster if I try hard over and over.

Arcane is super under appreciated. The aoe is probably best of the bracket with Arcane power and AE spamming things die in about 5 seconds.
Single target I top at about 1.3 mil dps if it doesn't die too fast. However I'm a leech stacking mage, not IL stacking so I'd imagine could be higher with class Trinket, leg ring, IL stacking, etc. Time warp, rune of power, Mulligan and arcane power all up, you can do some serious work.

Overall they are a lot of fun (Arcane mages in general) when you get past 75-80% haste, like 91 Arcane mages with SOO Mythic warforged gear.

Make one man!

101 twinking is all about what you want to do with the character. Since some class/spec combos excel at more than one thing you get many poeple rolling the same thing. For instance BM hunter is a jack of all trades. It can wpvp, it can solo dungeons, and it can solo raids well. Not many classes can do all three and excel at each. So, unless you have a lot of gold (and time) to make separate twinks for each thing you plan on doing with them, you have to take into consideration all the things you want to do with your 101 and plan accordingly.

My frost DK is amazing in pve but lackluster in wpvp. It's sad, really, because if her spells didn't get resisted by 110s so often she would be a wpvp monster.

My frost DK is amazing in pve but lackluster in wpvp. It's sad, really, because if her spells didn't get resisted by 110s so often she would be a wpvp monster.
This is why the entire concept of Hit Rating needs to be removed from MMOs completely. A Level 1 should be capable of hitting a Level 110 with zero misses. Obviously that Level 1 is going to do little more than tickle the 110's balls and that's the point. A drastically lower Character will always do shit damage to the higher Level.

Certainly Twinks are another thing, but only to a point. For example, a Level 19 pushing out an amazing ~1000 sustained DPS means nothing to a Level 70 with 20K+ Health that in their own right does over 10K DPS, effectively 1-shotting that annoying lower Level Toon. But then if you had a group of lower Levels taking on a single higher Level, they might stand a chance, the way it should be.

My fastest Nelth runs with using invis and invis potion correctly, also chest being in cave near 2nd boss, was 3 min 50 seconds. That's stopping timer once I loot 2nd skyhorn goods. It could be faster if I try hard over and over.

I don't know if you are able to make a video, but I'd love to see a run.

This is why the entire concept of Hit Rating needs to be removed from MMOs completely. A Level 1 should be capable of hitting a Level 110 with zero misses. Obviously that Level 1 is going to do little more than tickle the 110's balls and that's the point. A drastically lower Character will always do shit damage to the higher Level.

Certainly Twinks are another thing, but only to a point. For example, a Level 19 pushing out an amazing ~1000 sustained DPS means nothing to a Level 70 with 20K+ Health that in their own right does over 10K DPS, effectively 1-shotting that annoying lower Level Toon. But then if you had a group of lower Levels taking on a single higher Level, they might stand a chance, the way it should be.

If my low lvl twink stops missing on higher level targets, I will be able to outplay A TON of high level characters. I would welcome that xd

Think about the other end of the spectrum though. Imagine gold selling companies getting their hands on 1000 accounts with lvl 1 hunters sitting outside black temple on all accounts set up with bots to take down reaver on all servers. For all rare mobs for that matter. Blizzard would never remove the gap in level and hit. It's just makes too much sense in the grand scheme of things. Would love to see it but wotlk and mop will be the glory days in reguards to that and likely will stay that way

Users who are viewing this thread