Mage rage!!!!

Had some pretty good games today as a mage, probably would have gotten owned alot more if Bison hadn't been playing on his priest in my last 3 games.

Lol... Your the belf mage boss "Chrome..."?!!!! I wouldn't have healed you if I known u were human alliance....:mad:

nah just joking. game well played. u know how to play mage well. :cool:

Is there any classes a mages CAN beat 1v1? (other than warriors)

Do alliance have access to classes other than rogues, hunters and pallys? Seriously, why are 5/10 characters on alliance hunters. every. single. game.

Why does avengers shield silence and do massive damage on a 15 sec CD while counterspell doesn't even work if the enemy cast bar is past half way... oh and on a 24 second CD!!!

Hunters get a 10% ap buff this patch... did they really need that on top of this new gear scaling buff??? now i cant get a damn spell off before 90% of my health is gone, or i spam instants every 3 seconds that hit like a wet noodle. Oh you lost intimidate? QQ where the fuck is my iceblock?

I finally get a pally down to 10% health. NOPE. Bubble!

Finally get a druid down to 10% health. NOPE. Shape-shift run awwwaaaayyyyy.....

Those shammys i could beat last patch?? Blizz; "fuck you shammys need some love! have a health, damage and awesomeness buff so that you shit rainbows" LB on the go? who do these guys think they are? hunters?

Rogues... everywhere... 2xambush crit? GG

Warriors with their 3k health.... and their fancy pants... i dont mind them at all.

Priests? /cast polymorph /cast polymorph /cast polymorph /cast counterspell

Seriously... who plays a monk...

and before you ask... YES I AM MAD BRO! :mad:

Anyway all in all a good patch for mages. What do you guys think?

(Edit) and feral Druids... I might as well walk myself back to the GY

I was gonna ask, You mad Bro, but you already said it etc, but i cant resist. YOU MAD BROH?!!!!!

Ok first of fire mages are the best thing since sliced bread.. Bursting 3k plus on a unsuspecting prot pally is better than Nutella

I disagree, fire sucks my left testicle. Arcane> frost> fire. lets say you vs a hunter... spell knock back + their insane attackspeed (pet too) means you're close to dead by the first cast. oh... and scatter shot. so good luck getting that second cast off. vs melee? kiting is El Terriblé! fireblast is the only spell you can use on the run and it hits for 100-140 BiS. Yes mages are UP and fire is the UP spec of the UP class. anyway this thread is more directed at 1v1 since whenever i run pugs late at night i end up with jejes and tend to be the only one going for flag. 1v1s are actually quite frequent then. In a group id rather be arcane anyway since a 200% arcane charge (in theory) can crit 5 frozen targets 1k each (5k burst?). but GL getting that off before all ur novas get broken...

Is there any classes a mages CAN beat 1v1? (other than warriors)

Do alliance have access to classes other than rogues, hunters and pallys? Seriously, why are 5/10 characters on alliance hunters. every. single. game.

Why does avengers shield silence and do massive damage on a 15 sec CD while counterspell doesn't even work if the enemy cast bar is past half way... oh and on a 24 second CD!!!

Hunters get a 10% ap buff this patch... did they really need that on top of this new gear scaling buff??? now i cant get a damn spell off before 90% of my health is gone, or i spam instants every 3 seconds that hit like a wet noodle. Oh you lost intimidate? QQ where the fuck is my iceblock?

I finally get a pally down to 10% health. NOPE. Bubble!

Finally get a druid down to 10% health. NOPE. Shape-shift run awwwaaaayyyyy.....

Those shammys i could beat last patch?? Blizz; "fuck you shammys need some love! have a health, damage and awesomeness buff so that you shit rainbows" LB on the go? who do these guys think they are? hunters?

Rogues... everywhere... 2xambush crit? GG

Warriors with their 3k health.... and their fancy pants... i dont mind them at all.

Priests? /cast polymorph /cast polymorph /cast polymorph /cast counterspell

Seriously... who plays a monk...

and before you ask... YES I AM MAD BRO! :mad:

Anyway all in all a good patch for mages. What do you guys think?

(Edit) and feral Druids... I might as well walk myself back to the GY

Great post, Im just honored the Chael Sonnen is taking the time to post here with us.

I don't see fury warriors complaining..... wait what. There are none.

Aye, there are classes mages can beat in duels, rogues for example. And healers are beatable depending on who gets the lucky crits. Though there are some hard counters like hunters and druids, like you mention. I would agree that mages are kinda UP right now. Damagewise at least. But keep in mind that mages do have some extreme crowdcontrol and can be very useful in certain situations.
I'd also like to point out that even if mages damage over all is kinda low, as I mentioned above, arcane mages actually do have quite a burst (however, this is crit-dependent). Personally I'm frost, but it happens that I get critted by f2p arcane mages for up to 800 - 1k damage which can, especially if combined with other players damage, be devastating.
To sum it up, I do agree with you that most other classes do have a huge advantage when facing a mage. Mages could sure use a buff, but all you can do right now is to make the best out of the situation and keep up the hard work ^^ ...and polymorph! don't forget to polymorph!

dont get me wrong.. i love arcane burst but building up those arcane charges is annoying as hell! ur first 3 arcane blasts do shit all but after that its all smooth sailing. rogues were never really a problem for me but theres this 1 24 rogue that follows me around everywhere if he sees me in a bg (forget his name but he's a gnome) and hes more annoying than all the hunters in the world.

love ur sig that is exactly how i feel after polymorph x3, blink and /runaway!

try using blazing speed for awhile, when used with blink it can get you pretty damn far. it also removes movement impairing effects for the duration its active so you usually can escape hunters in mid etc

No you can't. They just yolohaste back to you with 60% speed for 8 seconds and conshot spam the shit out of you.

dont know what the issue is? i pwn every BG with normally 0 - 2 deaths and top damage and killing blows.. and thats playing objectively... can 1 v 1 any class in 5.3 including resto druids... rogues are the easiest class to kill..

maybe you need to just practise mage rotations for each class more?

Edit: arcane mages are the most over powered class atm

Last edited by a moderator:
1v1 a good feral and post video plz. look idgaf about rogues i have posted countless times that warrior and rogues are easy enough to kite (the 24 rogue that hunts me down just waits for me to go low health and BAM ambush, but i cant really do much about that...) but serioulsy plz show me how to beat a feral droooood. or even a hunter.... rules are u have 2 start on 0 arcane charges! anyway u were the first person to give me any advice on my mage so i respect your opinion, however i must disagree that arcane mages are OP.

Lol Yeah mage not easy. Funny how they say Horde get better crit gear... Totally see WSG dominated by locks/mages.... not.

Resto druids now are worse than Cata. Heals nerfed so bad lol. OH well ride it out. Next patch it will get better.

Whats wrong with resto druids? I can't really remember what all cata was like but I'm pretty sure this isn't worse.

On a more thread related note: was fun playing with/against ya Chael :eek:

dont know what the issue is? i pwn every BG with normally 0 - 2 deaths and top damage and killing blows.. and thats playing objectively... can 1 v 1 any class in 5.3 including resto druids... rogues are the easiest class to kill..

maybe you need to just practise mage rotations for each class more?

Edit: arcane mages are the most over powered class atm
Must be fighting some shitty players. Im lovin my mage this patch, they are hitting much harder.

Users who are viewing this thread