Mage @ 29

Hey, i have this mage: Gunnin @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft

just wondering:
A) is mage fun to play at 29? i seem to see them get blown up quite abit
B) If yes, are my inferno robe, jutes or other gf'd items worth using or is a reroll required? (i'd probably go for a max dmg build)

Thanks in advance
From what I've heard, mage is very viable. Fire is the worst spec of the three, arcane being the one with the heaviest dmg output. Fire is very fun imo tho. And idk the scaling of those items, but I doubt a reroll would be necessary :)

Hey, i have this mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Gunnin/advanced

just wondering:
B) If yes, are my inferno robe, jutes or other gf'd items worth using or is a reroll required? (i'd probably go for a max dmg build)

Thanks in advance

Going anything but frost is a sure way to develop a serious relationship with the spirit healer.

Stacking max damage is going to make you her very best friend.

Hey, i have this mage: Gunnin @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft

just wondering:

Thanks in advance

Your mage has Zaetar's Gloves and Deadman's Hand, two BiS grandfathered items. I definitely wouldn't reroll. Just update your toon with proper gear (BoAs mostly) and enchants. Frost and Arcane are going to be most viable (with Arcane doing the most damage). You should also shoot for about 5k hp.

All three specs are viable, and fire is probably the most fun of the three specs. Very easy to play solo queueing (unless there isnt a healer) and arcane has ridiculous burst. And frost will always be viable because of its great cc and ice lance dmg. If you play mage just have a max int (or crit or haste) sets and then have sets w/ the desired stats mixed in with stamina. Just depending on how annoying the enemy team is or not

Your mage has Zaetar's Gloves and Deadman's Hand, two BiS grandfathered items. I definitely wouldn't reroll. Just update your toon with proper gear (BoAs mostly) and enchants. Frost and Arcane are going to be most viable (with Arcane doing the most damage). You should also shoot for about 5k hp.
Is deadmans hand really bis though? I feel like flat 8 stam is a bit weak when you can get more stats out of other rings + the proc isnt really that great.

Is deadmans hand really bis though? I feel like flat 8 stam is a bit weak when you can get more stats out of other rings + the proc isnt really that great.

5% chance to freeze a target is quite useful, especially as a mage

Wiggz said:

I've been playing 29s since TBC. Since then, DMH has been BiS because it offers a freeze proc that affects anything. Hunter pet hitting you? Hunter gets frozen from over 40 yards away. Caster hitting you? They get frozen. Melee in your face? They get frozen. While the freeze effect shares DR with some things (stuns/fears/silences), it's not enough of a negative impact to affect how useful the ring is. Players who pay enough attention to when it procs can choose their stun/fear/silence targets accordingly.

I've seen this ring win games single handed. Any 29 who has it, is better because of it. Claiming that the stamina is 'marginal,' doesn't really do the ring justice. Sure, it's only a flat 8 stamina, but it's more stamina than any other ring can have (aside from charged gears), which is good in an environment where stam scales so well, and the lack of secondary stats is not really an issue. The freeze proc makes up for it on so many levels, and there are many 29s out there who stack single stat Charged Gears with no other viable stats as it is.

Deadman's Hand is the one ring I would love to have on every 29 I ever make.

bump please also explain how fire mage is played these days lol

scorch spam, inferno blast when you get 1/2 pyro procs. Boom boom pow insta pyro. Boom boom dmg. polymorph woh

I've been playing 29s since TBC. Since then, DMH has been BiS because it offers a freeze proc that affects anything. Hunter pet hitting you? Hunter gets frozen from over 40 yards away. Caster hitting you? They get frozen. Melee in your face? They get frozen. While the freeze effect shares DR with some things (stuns/fears/silences), it's not enough of a negative impact to affect how useful the ring is. Players who pay enough attention to when it procs can choose their stun/fear/silence targets accordingly.

I've seen this ring win games single handed. Any 29 who has it, is better because of it. Claiming that the stamina is 'marginal,' doesn't really do the ring justice. Sure, it's only a flat 8 stamina, but it's more stamina than any other ring can have (aside from charged gears), which is good in an environment where stam scales so well, and the lack of secondary stats is not really an issue. The freeze proc makes up for it on so many levels, and there are many 29s out there who stack single stat Charged Gears with no other viable stats as it is.

Deadman's Hand is the one ring I would love to have on every 29 I ever make.
pretty sure it dr's ur other snares which last longer and with pet freeze gives fof procs, doesnt seem good at all but as [MENTION=12184]Snack[/MENTION] said it is indeed epic which is swag af

Deadmans hand is BiS for all classes aside from rogue and would be BS if ALL it had was the proc.

Deadmans WINS games.

Users who are viewing this thread