lvl29 Twink in BG?

Meanwhile vets are 'xp-on' while we can't level up? There's just a hint of hypocrisy reading this thread. Yes, doing things that aren't intended is seen as bad by most people (including me). Meanwhile, people are using ilevel 44-49 items that are unobtainable now (or still obtainable) yet that's not seen as an exploit? Do you think that Bramble staff is meant to have that item level? Do you think it's intended for people to have artifact weapons 15 ilevel higher than everyone else? You would need to be level 43 to obtain a ilevel 49 weapon usually. Or ilevel 44 neck pieces from holidays? There's heaps of ways that vets (and some F2P) are 'exploiting' that we just call GF'd most of the time and accept (and yes I realize Bramble is not GF'd yet.)

this needs clarification .. having a ilvl49 weapon now is NOT an exploit .. it is something that were once available but made unavailable now, its gf'd .. its the same as someone having a super enchant that he done 10 years ago and its no longer available now .. it has nothing to do with whether that item has huge disparity with the current ones, it is just not available anymore. another example are my lvl27 toons that have 5/6 gems .. another example is the socketed boa .. these are not available anymore and using them is not an exploit. no matter how powerful these characters who are holding them when compare to most of the other players in the game who dont have it, it doesnt make them exploits

on the other hand, if i stop my powerful lvl27 toons xp and send them into a xpon bg, that is an exploit, because an xpon bg is meant for xp on players. see the difference ? earlier i said, enchants for shoulders and leggings are no longer meant for certain lower lvls, but for some reason, some smart ass manage to "find a way" to still get them onto the gears, that is an exploit.. IF high lvl bombs can no longer be used now, and some smart ass manage to still throw bombs, that is an exploit .. with regard to the lvl49 gears, which is no longer meant to be available, and some smart ass manage to still "find a way" to get it NOW, then its an exploit. if they are using the ilvl49 leftover from the time when they were available, then it is not.. its GF'd

i am not an expert in GF'd, so feel free to correct me

you think my criteria is "if it can be done, its not an exploit"?

I get that you are talking about what's intended, but your method of separating what's intended from what's not intended is simply subjective. I explained what my method is up the thread (what you have to do to get an effect and how unusual that is), that method is far more objective than yours. That's why I am 100% convinced that I am right and you are wrong here. But time will tell.

You have been bringing the most convincing arguments in this thread, "you know yourself that what you are saying is bs", now your dog. No need to kill me like that, have mercy. :)

OK, shutting up now. I think we said everything there is to say about the subject anyway.

You have been bringing the most convincing arguments in this thread, "you know yourself that what you are saying is bs", now your dog. No need to kill me like that, have mercy. :)
you just repeated the same silly argument you made two pages ago. sorry if Im not inclined to give it much thought the second time around.
OK, shutting up now. I think we said everything there is to say about the subject anyway.
you said this two pages ago too.

I don't know man, I think Geosid might have a few more irrelevant Steven Wright quotes for me.
Nah, i think thats plenty for now. But feel free to add more irrelevant Carlin quotes.

Okey, I'll spice it up.

"Don't be humble... You're not that great."
-Golda Meir

Nah, i think thats plenty for now. But feel free to add more irrelevant Carlin quotes.

Okey, I'll spice it up.

-Golda Meir

i may not always be right .. but i am never wrong :D:D:D

Okey, I'll spice it up.

-Golda Meir

Bruh, my quote was 100% relevant, that is the exact attitude throughout this entire laughable thread. The fact that you got so salty about it just proves my point.

Not one of your quotes had anything to do with anything other than trying to troll me because you are not confident in your position.

stripping a joke of its context and acting as though it is universally applicable wisdom and not just a thought terminating cliche is pretty laughable.
Fair enough, I will avoid that assumption in the future. It's certainly not universally applicable, but that attitude is exactly what I see here. A giant spectrum of opinions, and everybody getting mad at everybody over where they fall on that spectrum. It's like two otherwise indistinguishable variants of Christianity arguing over the few parts of the bible they disagree on.

@Geosid, Apologies if my original quote felt like it was directed at you, that was not the intention. That was more aimed at the thread attitude in general, not as a disagreement with your particular post.

Bruh, my quote was 100% relevant, that is the exact attitude throughout this entire laughable thread. The fact that you got so salty about it just proves my point.

Not one of your quotes had anything to do with anything other than trying to troll me because you are not confident in your position.

Is it though? It would have worked better before in say legion than it does now. When you would have to cheat to go faster.

"Rather fail with honor, than succeed by fraud."
-Sophocles

Last edited:
another example are my lvl27 toons that have 5/6 gems

I remember the patch that changed the gems and there was a few gems from BC heroics that were not changed, clearly a mistake and not intentional to leave them literally un-nerfed. What is your definition of exploit? Are items excluded from your definition?

I remember the patch that changed the gems and there was a few gems from BC heroics that were not changed, clearly a mistake and not intentional to leave them literally un-nerfed. What is your definition of exploit? Are items excluded from your definition?

If you got into the dungeon on a 20 to get them then yes youre exploiting.

Users who are viewing this thread