EU+US lvl 89 twink wearing 101 legion items

Looks like they nerfed the ilvl a little bit. The armory is now showing ilvl 650 in the tooltips for each BoE at lvl 89 whereas before it didn't scale down past 740. Scrulliez had 2133 haste rating but that should now be 945 if you total it up, which is over 50% stat loss even though average ilvl only dropped from 671 to 604 :(

Edit: All stats seem to be down by 57% (including primary/stamina).

Looks like they nerfed the ilvl a little bit. The armory is now showing ilvl 650 in the tooltips for each BoE at lvl 89 whereas before it didn't scale down past 740. Scrulliez had 2133 haste rating but that should now be 945 if you total it up, which is over 50% stat loss even though average ilvl only dropped from 671 to 604 :(

Would 650 still be good in the 89 bracket?

Where did you get the 604 ilvl from? His armory still says 671, although I guess that's bugged.

Anyways heirlooms at lvl 89 are ilvl 443 I think, so the pvp stat template ilvl threshold for the 80-89 bracket will also around that value....meaning a 600 ilvl will only net you about a 16% stat increase in instanced pvp.

Which is roughly the same as the 99 bracket minus all the power from the artifact weapon. So in terms of raw power in instanced pvp, 99 twinks should come out on top. Unless I'm missing something.

no, 89 is the lowest. you cant loot mobs below 89. (88 = you cant see the enemies level = no loot, 89 you see the level = loot)
This isn't true for ALL Mobs. I've looted enemies on my 10's that were skulls and I can say for a fact the Mobs were 98+ since I also had a 99 Twink with that 10 (Tanking the Mob). Granted, the loot only works now and again and only on some, as if Blizz's algorithm for loot isn't a one-and-done, but more like a 'it's supposed to always work but sometimes doesn't'.

Just to clarify something. I never saw an Item level change for Scrulliez. The item level of his BoE's we're always shown as 650 for me.

I don't think anything changed. At least not from when I first saw him.

Also, I would think 671 total item level would be incredible at 89's instanced PVP.
If you scale at around even 500-550 in the 89's bracket (I think it is way lower), being at 671, you would be out of tune overpowered.

I had 5 twinks in the 99's bracket, before legion BoE's, and I remember having a net advantage over everyone else and I was Item level 620-623. I repeat, in the 99's bracket!!!

He is standing at 671 in the 89's bracket. Not even a fight.

Where did you get the 604 ilvl from? His armory still says 671, although I guess that's bugged.
I calculated it: (650 * 12) + (473 * 3) + 450 = 9669. Divided by 16 slots that gives 604.3 average ilvl.
If you replace 650 with 740 you get 10749/16 = 671.8 average ilvl which matches the armory, so there was definitely a change.

Just to clarify something. I never saw an Item level change for Scrulliez. The item level of his BoE's we're always shown as 650 for me.
The average ilvl didn't change on the armory (guessing that takes time to update) but the item tooltips changed from 740 (Monday) to 650 (Friday), at least for me :) Further proof that there's been a change (probably during weekly maintenance?) is if you total up the stats and compare them to the character sheet:
- 931 haste vs 2133 (56.4% drop)
- 698 crit vs 1570 (55.5% drop)
- 301 vers vs 642 (53.1% drop)
The only way to know for sure is to ask one of those 89 twinks though, I'm sure they'd notice if they lost half their stats :p

I calculated it: (650 * 12) + (473 * 3) + 450 = 9669. Divided by 16 slots that gives 604.3 average ilvl.
If you replace 650 with 740 you get 10749/16 = 671.8 average ilvl which matches the armory, so there was definitely a change.

The average ilvl didn't change on the armory (guessing that takes time to update) but the item tooltips changed from 740 (Monday) to 650 (Friday), at least for me :) Further proof that there's been a change (probably during weekly maintenance?) is if you total up the stats and compare them to the character sheet:
- 931 haste vs 2133 (56.4% drop)
- 698 crit vs 1570 (55.5% drop)
- 301 vers vs 642 (53.1% drop)
The only way to know for sure is to ask one of those 89 twinks though, I'm sure they'd notice if they lost half their stats :p

Alright thanks for the clarification!

I had 5 twinks in the 99's bracket, before legion BoE's, and I remember having a net advantage over everyone else and I was Item level 620-623. I repeat, in the 99's bracket!!!
That's actually not that impressive, even pre-Legion. I had a 99 Shaman with 654 (highest achievable iLvL at 99 back then). Still, I get your point about the 89's.

That's actually not that impressive, even pre-Legion. I had a 99 Shaman with 654 (highest achievable iLvL at 99 back then). Still, I get your point about the 89's.

I just went and checked my old twinks and you are right.. I had the highest procs possible from Nagrand quest items in my mind. 623-630 I think was the highest proc?

I am at 636 on both one of my warriors and shaman!

I moved most of my twinks to lvl 100 though. I had 1 hunter, 2 shamans, 2 warrios, 1 hunter and 1 frost mage.

Gratz on the 654 though that is prettay high!

Last edited:
So I will reveal my secrets now that they're nerfed. We were multiboxing and were gearing up 89's with 740 ivl. Apparently someone complained on Reddit about the 80-89 BG we were face rolling in, and it was hot fixed within the day. Lvl 97 and below legion items are now 650 ilvl. However, for the people asking if you can go lower, this is what you need -- you can create a cascade effect with characters, let's says have a 101 tank killing npc's, and each other person in the group is 10 levels consecutively lower, they can loot legion gear on any level toon (it would require many accts and weeks of farming mind you.) We have been twinking since Wrath and both knew that it would get nerfed if we shared about it. I actually posted my armory in the 99 thread, but some dumbass was arguing with me, so I decided not to talk about the 89 gear farm strat.

At the time a buddy of mine and I had 10 toons multiboxing, so we got gear pretty quickly, 20 or so epics per day. The 89's are still really strong even with the nerf, but before, they were godlike. The druid was doing 5 million dmg single target outside the bgs in boomkin form @ lvl 89.

All I'll really say about the farming spots is Legion loot tables are all shared. Respawning quest areas are the best for farming. There's many, many great locations. No one particular location has yielded excessive results. We just have a lot of accounts.

If you guys have any other questions, I'll check back from time to time. Thanks

Edit - Also to add, all cloth pieces on the 89 druid received no scaling in the BG's, if I was resto or boomy and wore the cloth pieces and the SFF, it would not boost my Principles of War, same on the 99 toons. They have to be armor, stat, and ilvl appropriate to receive the bonus from the BG buff.

Edit, edit - if anyone is looking to purchase gear we have full sets for every class on TUB, US.

Last edited:
no, 89 is the lowest. you cant loot mobs below 89. (88 = you cant see the enemies level = no loot, 89 you see the level = loot)

You can loot on a lvl 1 if you have enough accts. Take a 101 to tank, 91 tag, 81 tag, 71 tag, 61 tag etc.. until lvl 1.

We are quite insane, we done every crazy grind in the game, but I wouldn't even partake in this.

Hello guys,

I have stumbled upon this thread in the Eu general forums.
A lvl 89 restoration druid is wearing a full set of 101 items (of course it is the known armory bug stating it is req 101).

But still, this would be the lowest level twink I have seen wearing the legion BoE's.

I am wondering how lvl 89's could farm for these BoE's, it appears his guild is full of 89's.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-underbog/Scrulliez/advanced

What do you think he uses it for? PVP?

Fuck yeah, PVP. I'm not roleplaying over here

I actually posted my armory in the 99 thread, but some dumbass was arguing with me, so I decided not to talk about the 89 gear farm strat.

Yeah I was arguing with you because mathematically 670ish ilvl at 89 would actually be less of a bonus compared both 79 and 99 twinks in ipvp (You're ignoring artifact bonuses). Your 89 twink didn't impress me. You probably got yourself nerfed by sending a ticket to blizzard claiming that its a bug you're not getting more ilvl. The whole point of your post was claiming there was a bug with principles of war, which there wasn't. LOL

Convincing me to use a wand in a bracket that gets access to artifact weapons was stupid as well. 99s is pretty homogeneous in terms of ilvl bonus for twinks. When someone like you is trying to weasel their way and attempt to "game" the system in a bracket thats rapidly growing with a competitive scene, its bad taste since it'll confuse newer 99 twinks. Do your homework next time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread