Looks like the DF ilvl changes are up on the PTR....

So some personal testing with that 29 hunter I been screwing around with... seems to be much more important to be an epic item than rare with proper stats, as in mastery. Using rare items with mastery to replace epic armor slots without mastery on them basically resulted in a net loss of damage. Hunter-specific, not sure about other classes... not gonna farm a ton more crap at 29.

Just common sense stuff, but verifying it for myself. Speaking of, also might be an issue with belt buckles, socketed a belt prior to copying a character over and forgot to gem it.... could not gem it after. Just said "enchanted: socket belt" on the belt with no socket to gem. Gear is too high after so dont forget, lol. Gems socketed before copy showed up fine.
So we should gem our stuff before pre-patch, hoping that it will be worth it in DF?

Last edited:
So we should gem our stuff before pre-patch, hoping that it will be worth it in DF?

You can always gem after, all I was trying to say was that the buckle socket disappeared cuz I left it empty by accident. I put gems in normal sockets just fine, TBC 2/2 went in every gear socket and worked. The buckle thing might just be a bug.

Sorry for any confusion.

If nothing changes with profession level requirements, most of the gear should be eligible for the next tier of gems at least... like the ilvl 38 req cata gems. Not sure if those are any better or worse than the ones we've been using, pretty sure the /agimastery 2/2 gems I used a few weeks ago on beta only gave 1/1 actual benefit.

That's other testing I cant do at the moment, maybe someone else can or you can verify yourself on the PTR.

Gems are getting nerfed on ptr, you need to put them into socket to be able to see the real values. Rare Panda gems give +1/+1 or 2 main stat. Bfa give +2/+2 or 3 main stat. The x% movement gems from Bfa and SL are changed to give Speed stat instead. Also, based on testing and such, the epic Cata gems will become best at least for specs that value mastery (since now you can go for main stat/mastery gems). Otherwise, the old epic wotlk/tbc gems are still relevant.

Totally forgot to test legion ones, will come back with more info.

Gems are getting nerfed on ptr, you need to put them into socket to be able to see the real values. Rare Panda gems give +1/+1 or 2 main stat. Bfa give +2/+2 or 3 main stat. The x% movement gems from Bfa and SL are changed to give Speed stat instead. Also, based on testing and such, the epic Cata gems will become best at least for specs that value mastery (since now you can go for main stat/mastery gems). Otherwise, the old epic wotlk/tbc gems are still relevant.

Totally forgot to test legion ones, will come back with more info.

what about the SL gems, specifically the speed ones? Sorry if I missed it

Anyone seen if artifact wep ilvls any better?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

That would be the ultimate icing on the cake... granfathered ToC epics and grandfathered artifact weapons and granfathered chants and gems. *Crosses fingers for an actual shit show*.

100% come back in 2 years.

Side Note:
If anybody rolls a 39... they are part of the 39 community... or any bracket... there is no platinum debossed membership card or access to the Admirals Concierge Lounge. That is just dumb.

"I have a 39... I see you have a 39 too!... do you want to que to fight each other!!!????"... I mean we are not inventing fire or the wheel here.

Last edited:
I don’t believe artifacts have been updated yet.

however I do think that artifact relic ilvl got decoupled from the overall ilvl of the artifact.

the only chance that the artifact may be useful would be if relic ilvl mattered again and legion dungeons could drop epic relics for low levels

For 20s, do we know what enchants/gems from pre-patch we should use on warforged epics from WoD dungeons that will be GF'd in DF?

bonemaw.jpg

SBG dungeon trinket Live version

bonemaw ptr.jpg

same trinket in PTR, has been changed to grant a frontal attack
damage.jpg

the damage effect triggers every 3 or so seconds for the entire crit buff duration (Fetid Breath)

Does the new loot system effect legacy loot at all? I’m hoping we can run legacy with a 60 carrying and a roll need on stuff.

Right now most of the dungeons show level 30+ requirement on all the boss loot... I check each day but never changes.

I dont solo some each day, but did weeks ago and level 30 gear did indeed drop for my level 15 paladin.

It also procced socket or tertiary on 2 pieces of TBC gear from ramparts - not sure what's going on with that either.

edit- sorry, if you meant the master loot and need before greed thing, dont think that applies outside raids up at endgame?

I put in bug tickets on the ptr, I made a thread on the ptr forums. Nothing from blizzard and this si coming out on tuesday. I am pretty convinced its going to be a complete disaster for the first month.

Yeah, I made a thread about it on the beta forum and got zero interest from the community either, not surprisingly, tho they'll be the first to rage when their leveling hunter cant use his new dungeon drop for 45 minutes til he hits 30...

Supposedly leveling is going to be even faster now? Not complaining, tho I think it might be more toward 50-endgame...

Saw a graph somewhere but I forget.

Yeah, I made a thread about it on the beta forum and got zero interest from the community either, not surprisingly, tho they'll be the first to rage when their leveling hunter cant use his new dungeon drop for 45 minutes til he hits 30...

Supposedly leveling is going to be even faster now? Not complaining, tho I think it might be more toward 50-endgame...

Yeah I am just completely baffled at the complete and utter disinterest in these glaring issues. Dungeons that you can que for giving loot that you wont be able to use for 20 lvls is just going unfixed and completely untalked about. its actually crazy I cant get over how redic it is. If it wasnt for xpoff and if I didnt log onto the ptr I wouldnt have even known this was an issue until patchday. Thats how untalked about this is on the wow forums/youtube/reddit/wowhead.

Nope, the xp required to get to lvl 30 is getting increased, but from 30 to 60 is getting reduced. On average its still gonna be around the same xp required to hit max level, but the leveling will be faster from 30 to 60 (compared to today).

Ok, the youtube chatter just said that it'll still be similar to having the winds of wisdom XP buff that's ending tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread