Locks?

Thatonetoon

Legend
how are warlocks looking? i wanted to start one last patch, but due to the hit bug i just stayed with my pally.
but since i think they fixed it this patch, are they any good? survival wise and dmg wise. thanks :)

also is the silence worth looking like a gay elf or should i just roll a troll or undead?

Damn pandas can't be locks? My bad, then ofc undead for the looks, racial trinket and cannibalism,touch of the grave. But ofc we should wait info from Salfir/Bizr/Dorigon on whether or not are locks more viable now

Last edited by a moderator:
Destro locks have one of the highest bursts in the bracket, although they are not mobile they have medium survivability due to health regen cds and drain life. Demo is also very good, although they lack burst to kill healers they have more survivability due to demo leap and control due to instant pet summons (rogue/hunt/war opens on you then summon void to disarm.) If you are a wsg jump fanatic I highly recommend demo. Affliction is dissapointing with low ticking dots but they can do well on the scoreboards, especially now that hit is fixed and you dont have to recast dots all the time. don't expect to solo many people as afflic.

Try to use succubus pet as much as possible, create a lash of pain macro and coordinate it with your bursts and use it if enemies try to los heal as a finisher (its around 120 dmg or so and crits in the 200s)
Void is only good if you wanna disarm melees or get hunter pets off you with its taunt
Imp is kinda useless now without bloodpact, the other two pets are way better

Locks ftw yo!

i rolled one last patch not knowing how long hit would be broken but destro locks have insane burst right now and even without leap they have nice survivability with regen + healthstone + health pot and fear

Much more viable with hit working. Its early and I havent played many games yet or anything but Id say theyre probably in a tier below hunters as a solid dps class with good CC and survivabilty.

Id go troll, goblin, or UD if I had to roll again but Im pleased with my orc. Resisting stuns is hilarious when it happens too.

Destro locks have one of the highest bursts in the bracket, although they are not mobile they have medium survivability due to health regen cds and drain life. Demo is also very good, although they lack burst to kill healers they have more survivability due to demo leap and control due to instant pet summons (rogue/hunt/war opens on you then summon void to disarm.) If you are a wsg jump fanatic I highly recommend demo. Affliction is dissapointing with low ticking dots but they can do well on the scoreboards, especially now that hit is fixed and you dont have to recast dots all the time. don't expect to solo many people as afflic.

Try to use succubus pet as much as possible, create a lash of pain macro and coordinate it with your bursts and use it if enemies try to los heal as a finisher (its around 120 dmg or so and crits in the 200s)
Void is only good if you wanna disarm melees or get hunter pets off you with its taunt
Imp is kinda useless now without bloodpact, the other two pets are way better

Locks ftw yo!

^

To me at least they have always been pretty decent, some nice utility, a decent heal, and Destro has some impressive damage output, only reason I dont play mine more is because she isnt FULLY BiS.

If you didn't play lock in 5.2 you'll be at a HUGE advantage over some of us that did.

Because, if they're anything like me they're STILL double-cast things, even though they no longer need to. I'm wasting my GCD and all sorts of valuable moves :D

You however, will always play the right way, and never know the pain that was 5.2 demo. I feel happiness for you!

As for spec. I desire the burst of destro, but demon jumping is so fun I just can't part. I've found that you can get a wittle bitty baby burst by just Shadow+meteor.

Soul Fire FTW!!!

well its good to hear they are looking alot better :) i will definitely make one, i dont think im gonna roll an elf, solely because they look like tools :p

If you didn't play lock in 5.2 you'll be at a HUGE advantage over some of us that did.

Because, if they're anything like me they're STILL double-cast things, even though they no longer need to. I'm wasting my GCD and all sorts of valuable moves :D

You however, will always play the right way, and never know the pain that was 5.2 demo. I feel happiness for you!

As for spec. I desire the burst of destro, but demon jumping is so fun I just can't part. I've found that you can get a wittle bitty baby burst by just Shadow+meteor.

Soul Fire FTW!!!

I like to double cast fear so when the first one lands and they insta trinket they end up just sitting in another fear, so satisfying lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not reliably hitting fears made locks totally not viable in 5.2.

Fixing the hit rating bug instantly made locks and mages a million times more useful :p — It's a great time to roll one imo. As for race, pick what you enjoy looking at / playing! It's a video game, have fun! :)

Locks are good if you like playing with teammates, great cc with on demand burst for downing targets, survival is pretty good if your cd's are up.

You can check out salfir's warlock guide here http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f148/salfirs-f2p-warlock-guide-35972/ some things have changed because of 5.3 .

Well said — locks keep their spot in mop as great team utility with decent survival and occasional burst.
Thanks for the plug btw. I'll work on updating the guide in the next few days.

Locks had incredible burst in 5.2 lol it was just rarely seen cause 1/2 the attacks missed :p A lock with a pocket healer in 5.2 was probably more deadly then a hunt tbh and to me atleast facing a good lock is fun atm :) It's more unique and a different playstyle then hunt vs hunt but still revolves around who bursts better.

With hit being fixed Locks are definitely viable and I'm sure pretty fun to play

Locks had incredible burst in 5.2 lol it was just rarely seen cause 1/2 the attacks missed :p A lock with a pocket healer in 5.2 was probably more deadly then a hunt tbh and to me atleast facing a good lock is fun atm :) It's more unique and a different playstyle then hunt vs hunt but still revolves around who bursts better.

With hit being fixed Locks are definitely viable and I'm sure pretty fun to play

You should make one and try it.

You're missing out by just sticking to one class :p

I love playing as a Destro lock in 5.3! I started out with Affliction way back in cata (I think) when they were in their prime. Then I didn't play for a year or so and when I came back I found they had been rendered useless in BGs. Had to change the way I played but I'm finally getting the hang of it and topping the score boards again.

If you're into a challenging more diverse style of playing, I would highly suggest rolling as a lock.
Just be warned, you're a target for rogues and huntards for being so squishy.

Users who are viewing this thread