EU+US Level 80 & 85 Soloing

Re: Level 80 Soloing Thread

Avoidance scaling, 409 stat inflation, plague scientists, the vengeance bug, mage dps. They're all things that need fixing imo, but I see the vengeance bug as "so much worse" because of how powerful it really is. Doing nearly 1mil dps and absorbing 2 Remorseless Winters at the same time, I'm not sure how that counts as a legitimate solo.

The WotLK bosses I needed to be unhittable for were: Yogg+0 (phase 3 adds), Saurfang 25N/25H (to stop him healing + the adds), and Marrowgar 25N (pre-MoP). I admit that there's a lot more bosses that probably would've been impossible without the stupidly high avoidance or dps from 409s, which is why I want them to be fixed. Unlikely to happen though because for some reason Blizzard chooses to pretend level 80s don't exist, even after several of us have reported it many times and released videos that show just how badly broken it is.

The issue with the bug is that we know it's a bug (caused by client-server lag), and avoidance scaling has always been out of whack with 80s. I made a chardev in cataclysm showing 103% avoidance for a rogue, the only change was it being applied to tanking classes.

Keep the star there, I'm working on my own solos of similar bosses without the bug (for example, patchwerk 25 didn't use it, and neither did my un-recorded thaddius 25), so eventually we can just remove them. I don't think that anything done using this exploit requires any skill other than staying alive, whatsoever. So sorry 1338, but it's not exactly legitimate soloing.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the only "bug" dks actually used to solo things might be considered the plague scientists (other overpowered mobs have been nerfed however), I don't think 100% avoidance has been used in any non cataclysm content besides Aelobin's pre-MoP marrowgar 25, which was also an attempt to get the scaling fixed.
i never said that its count as "solo" , even in my imgur that is illegal stuff :]]] doing this only for fun and mount farm.
my first screen i said "dont add it to spoilers"

i never said that its count as "solo" , even in my imgur that is illegal stuff :]]] doing this only for fun and mount farm.
my first screen i said "dont add it to spoilers"

Apologies, didn't even pay attention to who posted lol xD

I am totally fine with using it against cataclysm bosses though, especially since there are some hilarious ones (Halfus, I'm looking at you)

Meh in extension, none of the sub level cap soloing should be considered legitimate, because it relies on broken scaling. But since we're here, might as well use all we got.

Btw, 23mil HOW? I never got above 2.5kk on baine, and I'm fairly sure halion doesn't hit that hard, even with a lot of stacks on p3.

To those pallies soloing LK, ive made 40+ attempts and keep failing around 50-60%. What is killing me is my vengance not spiking much more than 900k-1.1 mil and then dropping very fast. Also how do you guys avoid the silence in transition phases? That silence causes me to end up dieing and being unable to kill orbs. Here is my armory link, i know my boots stink and im missing Signet of the Scorned but it wont show up in ah Jaudi @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft any input would be awesome, thanks!
Biggest vengeance spikes come from enraged shambling horrors, not the boss. If you didn't get a large spike before the transition phase, you might as well move to the stairs and tank the adds for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm still not believing it. Soloing below the level cap is just fine, especially when you apply it to stuff that did scale ok (All of Aelobin's solos in cataclysm for example), the scaling was high sure, but it was no different for any other class even at the end of wotlk pre 4.0, so it's hardly a reason to devalue the legitimacy of it all.

That's the biggest issue that is had with the 409s. I can't with a right mind let any paladin who caps mastery and then goes on to solo various impossible bosses be allowed to be called a soloer, because all they're really doing is abusing what is probably the biggest error in game mechanics blizzard have yet to make. This is worse than the Reck-bomb that killed kazzak pre-tbc, just because it's remained unfixed for so long.

The only issue I've ever had being legitimately vs a dk in whatever gear, ignoring mastery procs is the plague scientist. It's such a massive dps gain that I simply can't match in ICC. originally, the vengeance bug was fun. Heck, it still is, but not for the same reasons. Only to prove how stupid the expansion has become (it allows me to survive enrage timers, something that was designed to not be survived).

I just don't see how it's being classed in with parry scaling, because they're not nearly the same. Even 85s had around 30% parry from str, which shows that they didn't tweak anything about the scaling of that at all, because it would work at 90 (same as agi-dodge scaling now and in cata)

Well okay, that was based on the current situation, when all level 80 soloing involves crazy scaling in one way or another.

Anyway, it will probably get blizzard's attention at some point. Just gank orgrimmar a bit more till the amount of tickets reaches a critical mass..

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/QaZ2T.jpg
Let the fun begin!

We should organise a mastery bugged pally raid on Sha of Anger to see if we can finally get it fixed (plus it would be hilarious). On horde there's Splosion, Maldir, Magnerz and 1338, plus we could bring some other random 80s to soak the mind controls or w/e.

So with ring, and better gear now i survive alot logner but cant even get close to the vengance to push him far at all :( i hate to be a nusance on here but i must be doing something wrong. I run in with SS up and get 3 HP the SoR then reputup SS with higher vengance. I use judgement and Righteous Hammer on CD. I continuosly refresh SS to keep the abosorb affect at its highest but my shield hovers around absorbing 20-25k and vengance dosent go much higher than 70-90k except the occasionaly spike that goes to around 1.1-1.3 mil AP but then drops insanely fast. 3-4 Global CDs. Is there anything im missing on this fiht or something im doing wrong as apally. Thanks for any help and sorry for the nub questions.

tadam
after tons of deaths on him simply got bored :S only one bonus got tanking trinket from trash :D
Now about veng.
Force and Verve - 200k AP
melee got about 1m-1.3m (strange why so low since his hits about 250-300k) but even with bst hard to catch his attack...mby need more practice with bst!
[edit.]
got few attempts on Sha of Anger before other raid pulled and killed
best try

Not sure if this has been covered but i'd like to know which class over all is easier to solo with? seems like till now DKs were basically the only viable class but now pally's are very popular too. Personally prefer pally play style but honestly i just want something i don't have to min max :p. Getting the gear won't be easy regardless. Also is it possible with warriors or druids? Or should i just stick with pallys/dks?

Users who are viewing this thread