EU+US Level 80 & 85 Soloing

Re: Level 80 Soloing Thread

Anyone else having an ICC issue, we cleared ICC10 11/12 and turned to 25 HC and it said 12/12 cleared. Now we lsot out on LK kill this week

You didn't have other people who might've used a heroic save did you? Even lockout extension does that sometimes.

You didn't have other people who might've used a heroic save did you? Even lockout extension does that sometimes.

I had originaly done ICC10 on regular with 1 friend. When it was 11/12 he logged onto his main and entered to get the lockout. He then logged off out of the instance on his main and we kicked from group. My friend sat there dead while i attempted and finally killed LK on H25. So no this week we first tried to have his main come in and extend lockout to our level 80s. His lockout says 11/12 with LK avaliable but even when he enters by himself it says 12/12 and tries to save him. SO we cleared 10 man on our 80s again up to 11/12. All 3 of us had no lockout for ICC at all. When we left instance and turned to H25 and entered it said 12/12 cleared and saved us. We have all made GM tickets but they said one of us had to have had killed LK to save the rest but i know none of us did since we all cleared 11/12 together lol. Seems we arent only ones though. Had a guildie not in the group turn to 25 Heroic and try to enter with no lockout what so ever, and it said 12/12 Heroic cleared and tried to save him. Think it may be a bug. Any one else having trouble?

Just cleared most bosses on 10N, went out and switched to 25H and the remaining bosses are still up.

Was the the main still in the raid group? If not, did you reset all instances after kicking him (or reform the group)?

I had originaly done ICC10 on regular with 1 friend. When it was 11/12 he logged onto his main and entered to get the lockout. He then logged off out of the instance on his main and we kicked from group. My friend sat there dead while i attempted and finally killed LK on H25.
lockout have "ID" he gets yours before kill LK that why shows 11/12 , but after you killed LK and that "ID" now 12/12

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've done a lot of DK soloing in the past and dabbled with an 80 Paladin with inspiration from here, but recently decided to try out a monk since I didn't have the class and haven't heard much about their soloing capabilities at 80.
Anywhoo haven't done much yet since I hit 80 less than a week ago, but I thought I'd go mount hunting and got Ony10 on the first go :)

but recently decided to try out a monk since I didn't have the class and haven't heard much about their soloing capabilities at 80.

An 80 monk has soloed first 7 bosses in Uld10, Sarth10+2d and Marrowgar 10H. Another 80 monk has soloed Patchwerk 25, Hodir 10, Deathwhisper 10N and The Lich King 10N.

This raises the question: Should we include all level 80 soloing videos in the list or only ones created by TwinkInfo posters?

Hello, fresh twinker here. Recently leveled a Mage for 80 soloing and 2 manning. Just wondered if anyone had some tips and tricks on how to get the most out of a level 80 Mage. Macros would also be appreciated :)

Hello, fresh twinker here. Recently leveled a Mage for 80 soloing and 2 manning. Just wondered if anyone had some tips and tricks on how to get the most out of a level 80 Mage. Macros would also be appreciated :)

As far as has been posted here, the best method for soloing as a mage is simple: Get a huge combustion from playing fire, then ice block and literally let that kill the boss.

Eugh, Don't even remind me about C'thun. Never doing that again.

I know this is a bit late, but you can solo C'thun if you have someone dead on the floor there. Found out by dragging a lvl 50 lock through the place, and thought why not try C'thun for kicks.

The lock died within seconds, but I did not have any problems killing him dispite only being one char alive there.

I know this is a bit late, but you can solo C'thun if you have someone dead on the floor there. Found out by dragging a lvl 50 lock through the place, and thought why not try C'thun for kicks.

The lock died within seconds, but I did not have any problems killing him dispite only being one char alive there.

Not sure if you're referring to before or after the patch/hotfix, but many bosses (including C'thun) were changed to make them soloable. Being inside the stomach won't 1-shot you anymore.

Heh, that could be it, can't remember if that was pre or post patch, but it's very possible that is was been post.

That being said it's sad that they are dumbing down boss mechanics.

After 49 wipes I managed to kill Alysrazor in my 50th try. Alysrazor is by far the most difficult encounter to solo in FL at level 80 as a Paladin. The hardest part was figuring out a tactic that would actually work. Majordomo Staghelm was easy while Ragnaros took a few tries, but with a 3.200.000 Vengeance "proc" I finally killed him (died right after the first son-phase).

6/6 Firelands 10 normal now
HC next week

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread