Level 20 monk solo dungeons Help needed

DaWandaBoi

Grandfathered
Hello there i have been seeing people talk about soloing dungeons at level 20 i understand it takes a little longer than on a level 10 but my monk is item lvl 72 and i can't even kill the first 2 mobs in slag mines by myself. i have tried healer spec for more dps but i die fast and then i have tried tank spec and the mobs just take no dam edge. Am i missing something or do i need to re roll to another class? i also know there is the trinket u get from plague which is broken but i have seen people solo without it and i don't want to become reliant on it. Any info and help is greatly appreciated.

Brewmaster may be slower than most other tank specs (except Blood DK) but you def shouldn't have any trouble soloing.
I'll give you the armory of my monk which I nevet really played much on (it's only ilvl 63 and I don't really plan on playing it as of now). That said I had no trouble starting soloing with only heirlooms and ilvl 39 from jade forest.
With the set of talents I picked you don't even have to think about healing, just doing your damage rotation will clear your stagger and spawn enough healing orbs to be okay with some expel harm tossed in.
Never tried as a mistweaver buy the time you'll take to heal will make you having less dps in the end. Less healing means more damage.
Try the build I use, it's truly a no-brainer gameplay-wise, just click whichever damaging ability is off-cooldown. With ilvl 72 you'll be good trust me. ;)

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/fr-fr/character/eu/argent-dawn/ishnelahe
Edit : Forgot to mention, you prolly already know this but you can't use stealth ring as Brewmaster, it'll trigger your Stagger and deal damage over time to you which will break your stealth.

Last edited:
Brewmaster may be slower than most other tank specs (except Blood DK) but you def shouldn't have any trouble soloing.
I'll give you the armory of my monk which I nevet really played much on (it's only ilvl 63 and I don't really plan on playing it as of now). That said I had no trouble starting soloing with only heirlooms and ilvl 39 from jade forest.
With the set of talents I picked you don't even have to think about healing, just doing your damage rotation will clear your stagger and spawn enough healing orbs to be okay with some expel harm tossed in.
Never tried as a mistweaver buy the time you'll take to heal will make you having less dps in the end. Less healing means more damage.
Try the build I use, it's truly a no-brainer gameplay-wise, just click whichever damaging ability is off-cooldown. With ilvl 72 you'll be good trust me. ;)

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/fr-fr/character/eu/argent-dawn/ishnelahe
Edit : Forgot to mention, you prolly already know this but you can't use stealth ring as Brewmaster, it'll trigger your Stagger and deal damage over time to you which will break your stealth.
which is the best class/spec do you think for boosting my alts to 60 in dungeons with? also is there adiffrence ebtween signing up for dungeons and walking into them for damage scaling?

Some specs are better than others. I took i72 Blood DK and died to the same 2 opening mobs in Slagmines while only getting 1 down to half hp. At 20, I'd go ACTUAL Tank/Brew if it was me. MW only works better at 10 because of the scaling.

If you want to boost people, lvl 10 is the way to go.
The best I can do here is link you the amazing work of Emelia on low level twinks (in terms of clearing time)
https://xpoff.com/threads/retail-power-level-tier-list.98933/I doubt there's much of a difference between walking in and queuing, that said I always solo/walk in so I may be wrong.

Also, Mattymatt726, Blood DK can def solo albeit slowly
I can do it on my (yet another) unfinished alt with ilvl 68 so don't give up you can do it :)

If you want to boost people, lvl 10 is the way to go.
The best I can do here is link you the amazing work of Emelia on low level twinks (in terms of clearing time)
https://xpoff.com/threads/retail-power-level-tier-list.98933/I doubt there's much of a difference between walking in and queuing, that said I always solo/walk in so I may be wrong.

Also, Mattymatt726, Blood DK can def solo albeit slowly
I can do it on my (yet another) unfinished alt with ilvl 68 so don't give up you can do it :)
Yeah, i don't know what went wrong really. I jsut wasn't sustaining and standing in death decay and the heartstrike going AoE didn't seem to do much at all to the 2nd mob. I've never played it at high levels, so i definatley am no expert, but it seems like the 2nd best tank id enjoy on my own(Bear is no contest the easiest and enjoyable for my hands), so i won't be giving up.

Truth be told, Blood DK is quite possibly the worst tank spec at level 20, both in terms of survivabilty and dps. The gameplay is a slow one and the healing is the most limited of tank specs. That said it does make it much more rewarding getting this loot since you struggle more.
Unholy does quite a bit better in dps and smoothness rotation-wise, especially since you don't really get punished for using Death Strike instead of Death Coil, thus providing really good healing.
Downside is : you'll need a bit of gear to do it as Unholy.
Frost should do the trick but since you can't use Frost Strike as much as you'd want to because you need healing from Death Strike, your dps will be lacking.

Overall if there is one advice I can give you it's to go for the 20% stamina talent. Personnaly, I feel safer since I'm a "meh" DK player since it means. This means, well more HP surprisingly enough ;) but most importantly, more healing since Death Strike's healing is based on a percentage of you max HP.
That said if you're a chad true DK player (unlike me lol) you'll find a way anyway.

I've started a brewmaster monk recently with the patch for smexy goblin monks. I've soloed slag mines at about ilvl 53 took about 40 minutes.

Make sure you pick up Paralysis and cc one of the mobs as they both have 3 second stuns. Other packs contain overseers which have a 10 second stun so they should be cc'd while killing the other adds. Unfortunately monks don't get a interrupt so it's all about knowing what mobs do what abilities.

Monks have a lot of self heal, grab the instant cast vivify talent and the heal orb talent for blackout kick and that's all the healing you need.

The vanish ring does work for monks but it's not very efficient in slag mines. In iron docks I can solo in about 15-20 minutes with a few uses of the vanish ring. Give iron docks a go.

Wheres @icehawk , he would be the guy to ask about soloing on a Blood DK
Make sure u talent Improved DS and most importantly Permafrost.

So I chose to stack Haste & Mastery, which improves AP thus hits harder, and also hits more frequently. Plus go Strength over Stam. So long as you’re hitting, and your hitting hard, your staying alive.

Honestly between Permafrost, Bloodshield and Death Strike heals you should hardly drop any health.

That and combined with Blood Boil healing in the background, you will start to become immortal.

Only danger was if you get those big stuns and you have pulled a big pack, because u stay alive by cracking skulls, and some of those WoD stuns last like 8 or 9 secs.

I also used to love the AoE ability of Blood.

I am so dependent on the ooze trinket without its procs i just die. would you guys recommend re-rolling to a furry warrior?

Versatility\Crit + Lifesteal and spinning crane work well for me (people use mistweaver because you can spam it non-stop), you might want start with a lifesteal heirloom for trash and when you get a WF 2h switch to that for single target. At some point your monk will have enough HP to quickly dispatch bosses with your huge Touch of Death.

I am so dependent on the ooze trinket without its procs i just die. would you guys recommend re-rolling to a furry warrior?

You shouldn't be dying on a brewmaster. CC any stunning mobs with paralysis. Get the instant vivify talent and use it every 10 secs when it procs and collect your orbs for healing by using expel harm when you have a few orbs spawning.

Hey there - I've been playing Brewmaster since the start of Dragonflight. Started soloing WoD dungeons at ilvl 61, the first one being Mines.
You can check my sig for the armory, i'll just fire off some quick suggestions:
- I found Rushing Jade Wind to be extremely helpful to increase AoE damage and make clears faster: you can keep it up permanently and it really ramps up. It is also extremely useful in certain encounters (Prince Keleseth comes into mind if you're into soloing older content).
- Abuse paralysis. The duration is amazing and you can easily keep a mob out of the fight for as long as needed. Just be mindful of your AoE effects (Keg Smash, Jade Wind) so that you don't let the mob snap out of cc.
- The new healing sphere talent is neat - you can easily keep yourself healed while dpsing with it. you can just cast an expel harm if you feel threatened, it being instant helps.
- If you didn't level up cooking yet, you can find +agi food at the peak of serenity (Pandaria Time - speak with Zidormi to get back if you did the legion questline). Not great, but it's basically free to get and every bit counts.
Now, is BM the top clearing spec? Definetely not - as i have stated elsewhere there are better class if you're after optimizing clear speed times. I just find monk (and BM specifically) to be hella cool and fun to play :)

which is the best class/spec do you think for boosting my alts to 60 in dungeons with? also is there adiffrence ebtween signing up for dungeons and walking into them for damage scaling?
Do a level 10 arcane mage or guardian druid, level 10s can go wayyyy faster than level 20s. I'm talking about sub 4-minute full-clears on my arcane mage and sub 3:30 when things go just right on Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

As for Monks, I think Brewmasters can do better than WW when you're slightly undergeared for soloing. But as you pick up epics, windwalker becomes a more viable option since you can just tank the hits and do more dps to run it faster. Either spec will have no trouble soloing.

Do a level 10 arcane mage or guardian druid, level 10s can go wayyyy faster than level 20s. I'm talking about sub 4-minute full-clears on my arcane mage and sub 3:30 when things go just right on Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.

As for Monks, I think Brewmasters can do better than WW when you're slightly undergeared for soloing. But as you pick up epics, windwalker becomes a more viable option since you can just tank the hits and do more dps to run it faster. Either spec will have no trouble soloing.

But as a level 10 you'll be getting items dropping at iLvl for level 10?

How do people actually gear 20s? I've tried soloing Slag Mines as a F2P Combat Rogue but it seems horrendously difficult - killing single mobs is tricky, a pack of 3 means death.

But as a level 10 you'll be getting items dropping at iLvl for level 10?

How do people actually gear 20s? I've tried soloing Slag Mines as a F2P Combat Rogue but it seems horrendously difficult - killing single mobs is tricky, a pack of 3 means death.
Yes at level 10 you'd be getting ilvl 59 purples and at 11 it's ilvl 62. It's much easier at level 10 to kill mobs and you'll be dealing probably 2-3x as much dps as a full WF-geared level 20.

Rogues are the worst class to solo dungeons but you can spec into assassination and the crimson vial and evasion talents. Pick up ooze from plaguefall and use the timewalking exploit to deal damage. Stealth past all trash and just pick out bosses. I managed to fully gear my 29 Rogue which was horrendously difficult at first. At 29 you basically have 0 chance against a boss without an ooze proc, at 20 you'll have a close fight. Still a terrible class to solo with lol

Users who are viewing this thread