EU+US Level 1 Twink Healer Idea

That's a shame, if the dressing were obtainable at level 1 and could be used with the current dressing debuff up, I might've needed a change of shorts.

Well, it might still be possible as MANY things Blizz implements are bugged at first and later Hotfixed. We know that 1-9's weren't getting Participation Credit on Beta/PTR but who knows once it hits Live shortly. Also, there's the issue that each Level 1 could only EVER have (5) of those Dressings and once they're used up that's it, forever. I wish Blizz would remove 'Unique' from those and let us stockpile them, even if still BoP and only stacked to (5) and had a 30s CD for example instead of 3s, AND was stopped by any damage taken or loss of Character control. Considering only the seriously hardcore will farm for hours upon hours to stockpile tons of them.

This is a once in ~2 year Event and next time they may have nothing like those items so there's no reason not to allow us to have as many as we have the time to farm.

Saw some changes to warriors and paladins. Warriors can now only use Slam with a 2h weapon, and Paladins starts with an updated version of Crusader Strike (2 charges without cd). Guess Paladin will be the better choice now if anyone wants to create a level 1 healer.

Too bad this changed from the PTR for all of you who already created a warrior and got some soulbound gear (AGM, Furbolg etc.) :(

2 charges? Is mana a factor? What's the CD on the charges? Got a link to the new spell?

Pissed now cuz I deleted my pally to start a hunter. Grrr. Maybe I can restore, but doubt it with a level 1.

Not too sure a pally would be better other than the shield option for reduced damage taken. Mending seems to proc more with the warrior 2h, not so sure about battlemaster, but the swings are painfully slow. More than twice the crit damage though as the 1h. Might be a close call or just a preference thing.

Last edited:
2 charges? Is mana a factor? What's the CD on the charges? Got a link to the new spell?

Pissed now cuz I deleted my pally to start a hunter. Grrr. Maybe I can restore, but doubt it with a level 1.

Not too sure a pally would be better other than the shield option for reduced damage taken. Mending seems to proc more with the warrior 2h, not so sure about battlemaster, but the swings are painfully slow. More than twice the crit damage though as the 1h. Might be a close call or just a preference thing.
2 swings without cooldown, can't check the cooldown after that now tho. And on top of that - no mana cost at all!

2 swings without cooldown, can't check the cooldown after that now tho. And on top of that - no mana cost at all!

Looks like 4.5 sec CD that always runs as long as you are less than 2 charges. This means you will have an extra chance at a proc every 4-5s no matter what's going on in combat. There are so many variables to consider to decide which is BEST, it's about as clear as mud.

Based on how rage is generated, It's hard to see a warrior is the superior healer anymore, especially with mana not being needed for the new CS. Rage generation seems too slow with a 2h to make for lots of proc chances on auto-attack and Slam. I notice though that rage is retained on any swing that is dodged parried, or missed, and you can keep spamming until it lands. Only then is the rage spent. I don't think this is the case with CS though. I remember misses and such on my old pally triggering a 4.5s ability cooldown. With procs only triggering when a hit lands, rage might be superior here since Slam is on a global.

In summary, the deficit for the warrior is in rage generation and the deficit for the Pally is in the CD. Hard to say who has the advantage. What du guys think?

Looks like 4.5 sec CD that always runs as long as you are less than 2 charges. This means you will have an extra chance at a proc every 4-5s no matter what's going on in combat. There are so many variables to consider to decide which is BEST, it's about as clear as mud.

Based on how rage is generated, It's hard to see a warrior is the superior healer anymore, especially with mana not being needed for the new CS. Rage generation seems too slow with a 2h to make for lots of proc chances on auto-attack and Slam. I notice though that rage is retained on any swing that is dodged parried, or missed, and you can keep spamming until it lands. Only then is the rage spent. I don't think this is the case with CS though. I remember misses and such on my old pally triggering a 4.5s ability cooldown. With procs only triggering when a hit lands, rage might be superior here since Slam is on a global.

In summary, the deficit for the warrior is in rage generation and the deficit for the Pally is in the CD. Hard to say who has the advantage. What du guys think?

Is anyone else just glad that Paladins are finally a viable twink at lvl 1 since they lost their heal like 3 or 4 xpacs ago?

Imo, the charges on CS, on paper, would be better, especially since fights at 1 are so mobile, and your main goal is running and healing.

Also I love commas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK if so it works on 1 but on 20 my haste lowers my cooldowns as a Paladin
I'll hop in a few and check, but there's quite a few melee cd that benefit from haste (like you I saw it on my 20).

Now you got me all excited about a Hasted pally.

de90c053630970c4b2d0df430b131bce.jpg

9ddef6ded7d7a1d4137ca6203b6f90ac.jpg

So yes haste does affect CS at 1.

Haste cloak enchant and all haste could get it possibly close to if not on the GCD. That CD is the recharge time for another charge.

So, haste vs crit then for heals? I think the choice would be obvious. Bandage healing is by far your primary heal, which as we all know is a channel. If you're casting channels anyway, you can't swing ao having a super-short CD would be pretty useless. Not to mention, you'd lose most of your crits from the GotN HoT, BM Procs, Potting, etc, not to mention offensive crits. Since, as a healer, you don't want aggro, The only thing extra more CS swings will be useful for is proccing Battlemaster and the new neck enchant. BM is a pretty rare proc so IMO, it's not worth it to stack haste for a slightly less rare chance at a proc. That being said, if the neck chant procs all over the place, haste might be worth more consideration.

i am one of those dbags cause u guys r fokn facked m8

They gotta come to page 4 of a post on our forum to quip...? Must be rough running out of crap to talk among your own peers. Poor Lucas.

Last edited:
Pally lost dual charge CS with 7.1. Back to the warrior...

Users who are viewing this thread