1-9 Level 1 Rogue Guide

Sharpened Scarlet Kris > heartseeker.
Oil of Olaf is GF'd
Wispy Cloak is GF'd
and where's the Squealer's belt?
Wowhead says that Oil of Olaf ain't GFed. Forgot that Wispy cloak was GFed as it has the same stats as Linen Cloak. I'll update that & the reason why I haven't got SB is because I'm not putting GFed stuff in there, thank you for your observation tho:)
SCK & BH has exactly the same stats as far as I know.

Oil of Olaf is -NOT- grandfathered it's only obtainable on the Horde faction due to the fact you have to kill Olaf in Uldaman for 1-3, It has a 42% drop chance

And Boud, if you wanted to make the guide better you could always add in like grandfathered items on the side and have it saying "Grandfathered" on the other side of the gear page. I did like the ~*~*~*~* tho for the content of the guide =P very detailed and helpful to new level 1 rogues.

1- Oil has already been touched on

2- Just my opinion on your shoulders heading: Lasting Feralheart Spaulders should be on the list for PvP because the 1 resilience is > than 1 agility. Stained Shadowcraft should be removed since Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders have stamina.

3- BH has a higher damage range (7-13) and is 1.7 speed, SSK has a lower damage range (6-11) and is faster @ 1.5. I think BH comes out ahead in DPS though. But If you're gonna DW, I'd put a mace in your MH and use BTB in your OH ... but that's just me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I see did not know that. And I was meaning as chubs just said that the kris is faster so as I saw that BWTB was on your list I like the fast combo together, just a though.

Ok Chubs, just reading through some old posts here facepalming at my grammar. I want to try to top my dps & I need some suggestions.

Venerable Mass of McGowan - Fiery Weapon & Main-hand.
BTB - Fiery Weapon(?) - Off-hand.

Should I roll 5 hit rating on boots or 7 agility? Oh, and where should I do this now as Theramore is no more? Level 90 caster with no armor? Eh:)

On-topic - I've updated the guide for patch 5.x now!

Weapons:

MH. Battleworn Thrash Blade
MH 2. Keen Machete

Enchant: Lifestealing

OH. Balanced Heartseeker
OH 2. Simple Dagger

Enchant: Agility

Fine Scimitar is better than Keen Machete. I have one ingame and the Machete's DPS is 3.03 and the Scimitar's is 3.19

Fine Scimitar is better than Keen Machete. I have one ingame and the Machete's DPS is 3.03 and the Scimitar's is 3.19
Keen Machete has been buffed since 5.0.4/MoP, and Fine Scimitar probably got buffed too. I think it used to be better though. Thanks for the heads up - edited ^^

Edit: In Wrath of the Lich King atleast, Keen Machete was slower - and because of that a better main-hand.

Does the
/cast Shadowmeld
/sit

still work against DoT's?

We cant use the Rugged Armor Kit enchant on Stained Shadowcraft Pants because they are not item lvl 35 !
The best enchant for the Heirloom Pants is Medium Armor Kit !
Sweet Guide btw ! :)
Hm, thanks for telling me that! I haven't got the heirloom pants yet so I couldn't tell:) They're still BiS by far I guess.

Does the
/cast Shadowmeld
/sit

still work against DoT's?
It doesn't take off the DoTs, but it does so that the DoTs won't break the shadowmeld, yeah.

Edit: It does also guarantee a crit for your enemies, so I don't suggest using this too often.

Wow this is... very very good. Im best at hunters and mages. But after i read this really wanna try rogues :) Btw which race do you prefer?

I used this for my lvl 1 twink monk however as they cannot duel wield I wonder, is 1h hammer better or is it better to use the sword with chance on extra hit?
I will be using LS chant on main hand.

That's a loss of 1 DPS for a chance to gain an extra hit per attack.

I used this for my lvl 1 twink monk however as they cannot duel wield I wonder, is 1h hammer better or is it better to use the sword with chance on extra hit?
I will be using LS chant on main hand.

That's a loss of 1 DPS for a chance to gain an extra hit per attack.
The mace is better, since it has got more DPS(more PPM, Procs per minute). You can use 2handers though so wouldn't a staff or 2H sword with 25agility or even counterweight(20Haste) be better?

The hammer is better, since it has got more DPS(more PPM, Procs per minute). You can use 2handers though so wouldn't a staff or 2H sword with 25agility or even counterweight(20Haste) be better?

The 2h agi staff may be a good option, I don't know. As for the sword/counterweight idea - Monks can't use 2h weapons except staffs and polearms.

Is the massive loss in stamina and the loss of weapon DPS worth the 20 haste? I know 20 haste is a lot so I may try it.
Well the 20 haste itself helps your DPS, and together with 10haste on gloves & 35haste from Lifeblood, I'm pretty sure you'll do some crazy fast damage. You should test both of them though, but when I come to think of it you should do this either way: Start with the 10stamina pouch & 1H mace with lifestealing, and then switch to a 20haste polearm later IF you're going to use polearms at all.

Users who are viewing this thread