1-9 Level 1 Rogue Guide

Lifestealing > against casters
Unholy > against melee
That's exactly how I do now, and once my unholy procs I switch to agi and back again when the curse has/is about to run out.

Also I would not say 5+ hit in all cases. Minor speed has come to such great use in many many cases for me. Lets say I duel a hunter, my discombobulator fails or i simply don't kill them within the time its on. Then there is no way for me to take them down if they are good at kiting(If I don't use icy chill). Has come useful for me vs both hunters and warlocks since they are both great kiters. Also boud, you said "Cuz any lvl1 class can dodge" I was curtious if hit helped to prevent the opponent from dodges or just missed. Got explained for me that it only prevents from missing though, sadly :/. You need expertise to prevent dodge/parries.

And yeah my bad about the daggers. I was told that you have a fast off-hand weapon for faster energy regen(and posion apply which dose not matter at LvL1) but guess that's incorrect. And fast energy regen is quite useless in lvl one too I guess since my white hits deals so much more.

Oh and one question. Would it really be smart as a gnome to pick the mace? One-handed swords/daggers gives me 3 expertise for each hand. Isn't that useful? Or is it not enough to exclude the mace? I thought I could take some sword or something instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
The numbers just don't support your theories. Sharpened Kris is the worst DPS of the BoAs, followed by the Heartseeker. Battleworn is a fine all the time blade, but the caster BoAs are slower, have a higher damage range and do more dps. Is it a lot more...no...but if it's all about procs, then you want slower. Yes, they're .1 less speed than the non-caster BoAs, but the damage range is the same so they win out in white dmg.

As for survivability...the faster they die the less you have to survive. So max damage does help survivability (that's the reason we wear 5 hit right?) Plus, you can't dodge spells...so dodge is worthless vs half the classes in the game. So, it's a mixture of both survivability and burst.

As for your enchants, again I think its all situational

Lifestealing > against casters
Unholy > against melee
Fiery is pretty good all the time
Agility > against lvl 21+

But again, since the number differences aren't huge gamebreakers, really, whatever you wanna do is probably fine. Boud has great success his way, I have great success my way, others have great success their way.
I ment the casters can dodge your attacks, not the other way around, that´s why I say 5hit at all times.
I prefer lifestealing as I play very defensive and I have gone far by doing so, so I will stick to that.

Yeah I know you ment that, but 5+ hit dose not help to prevent them from dodging your attacks. Only to make you miss less, so it's a MUST in PvE but PvP, I don't know, usually switch depening on what class I meet.
Well I didn't say It was bad, I just like to have alot of variation. I like both LS and Unholy the most, fiery has never been my thing. And some times stack up agi for fun.

Oh and one question. Would it really be smart as a gnome to pick the mace? One-handed swords/daggers gives me 3 expertise for each hand. Isn't that useful? Or is it not enough to exclude the mace? I thought I could take some sword or something instead.

I'd imagine in your situation, you'd want one of the 2.8 speed swords in your main hand and BTB in your offhand when you dual wield and the BTB in your main hand if you single wield. The 3 expertise will be helpful if the level you are fighting isn't very high, but after 20ish, it would be worthless

I prefer lifestealing as I play very defensive and I have gone far by doing so, so I will stick to that.

I still prefer just stacking pure stamina while single wield using lifestealing because thats how I like to play...to me, staying in a dual for 5 min, even if I lose, is just as good as a win at lvl1 ... plus it gives more time for a crowd to gather to stroke me epeen :) But if I'm posting on this site, I like to mention the theoretical max dmg/survivability out there...in which case we should all be using fiery all the time :)

Fiery does the most damage...that might've been confusing in my post...lifestealing has the highest survivability

Yeah, cuz lifestealing steals 30 right? Which makes it deal 30 and heal 30, total 60. While fiery deals 40 or something, so a total 40 lol. So lifestealing should be the better option in any case?
If its against a noob mage for example (@1 with no instants nor CC) I'd say fiery wep is very viable. Full nuke - FIery wep, otherwise I use lifestealing or 15agi.. Always use Lifestealing while AGM'ing, to regain hp:)

A quick point, you have rugged armor kit listed as the leg chant to use but they are only usable to players over level 40. I believe light armor kits are the only ones that can be used at level 1.

A quick point, you have rugged armor kit listed as the leg chant to use but they are only usable to players over level 40. I believe light armor kits are the only ones that can be used at level 1.

Nha, you can have a lvl 40+ to put it on for you since the pants don't become bound and since their item lvl is high enough to have the rugged armor kit. :)

Wondering whether 2h mace with 20 haste and 16 sp on gloves would be compared to your setup. Which also makes me wonder whether I should still pick up herbalism since the 20 haste would put me at gcd cap.
Also would 15 sp or 7 int be better for bracers?

This is assuming I'm in a group of 3+.

Wondering whether 2h mace with 20 haste and 16 sp on gloves would be compared to your setup. Which also makes me wonder whether I should still pick up herbalism since the 20 haste would put me at gcd cap.
Also would 15 sp or 7 int be better for bracers?

This is assuming I'm in a group of 3+.
Herbalism & Skinning is still the best I think.. 7int > 15 SP IMO because int gives crit, mana & Sp afaik. 10 haste on gloves is better I think? the 22 int from the 1H would give sick changes & remember you can always carry 2 sets :)

I aint got much say in this since I only tried on a warlock lvl1 twink when it comes to casters. But i agree with boud 22 int on wep is nice. And yeah, i'd carry double gloves 1 with sp and 1 with hase and also double weapons, 1H with int and a 2h with haste. Then just stick to the one you like best or switch depending on what ever you feel like :)

Users who are viewing this thread