Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss.

Re: Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss

I must say i am surprised this discussion hasn't died out, Its fun to read everything. Occasionally there is bashing but for the most part some ok debates here

Re: Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss

ur defensive, why? what's so entitling about your religious position
You obviously didn't look at that list.

Only some of you.

Thanks 8D

I must say i am surprised this discussion hasn't died out, Its fun to read everything. Occasionally there is bashing but for the most part some ok debates here

It did die for awhile.

Here's a question:
Can you comprehend what it would be like to be unmade, and become nothingness?.

Isn't "becom[ing] nothingness" nonsensical and contradictory? You can't "be" nothing, since being and nothingness are antonyms. With your point in mind, I guess my original statement was malformed ("return[ing]" to "non-existence"). Rather, my position is that we simply cease to exist: the body fails and the brain dies and consciousness with it.

That's something I have trouble picturing... which makes it hard to believe that one simply ceases to exist in any form at all..

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/personal-incredulity

We can't conceptualize nothingness since nothingness isn't substantive. Everything we conceptualize is either an existing thing or an amalgamation of existing things. Concepts have qualities, whereas nothingness doesn't.

We could decompose into the ground and then in lets say a couple of hundred million years we come back as a spec of bacteria.

But there's no evidence to suggest that is the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTw9O-hdxvM

Last edited by a moderator:

This world isent millions of years old. Why do you think we use the terms AD(after death) and BC(before Christ)... Earth is about 4,000 years old, Jesus died on the cross in 2,000 BC, and now that it is 2014 or also known as 2014AD means the earth is around 4,000 years old.

You are just throwing around random numbers like"millons" and "billions" yet you have nothing to back it up which I am not surprised at all. Why do you think they call it, the theory of evolution? Because it's a THEORY, a made up theory that someone came up with that provides NO facts.

If Christianity was a theory, wouldn't they call it the theory of Christianity? Like I said before, you can't debunk a religion that is based off of pure facts, it only makes you look stupid lol just because you chose not to believe it, doesent mean it's not true, you just have no faith. You prefer that God reveal himself to you. Evaluate you have to see things to believe them, what point would it serve for God to have people follow him if they need to see him to have faith that he still is there?

Same reason why you keep asking for facts when they are right there, it's not easy for you to understand because it's not something you learn instantly by typing it in google. You have to understand what the Bible says, and not take every word out of context.
Archeological finds, dinosaurs, etc make sure that it has ... billions. Science.

funeral?

Users who are viewing this thread