Lets Talk Fish! Pool Stealing, Yo! How Earlwing-

Well schnaps, from all the bloody doom and gloom posts about the community going to shit nowadays, you'd think I joined at the wrong time.

I don't.
This is because you joined when the downhill fall started, you've never known anything better so of course you would think "hey, this isn't so bad. why are people complaining? im having fun." The general atmosphere, average skill level, and basically everything that made AP fun to play on is now almost completely gone.

Some think so, some don't. Some newer players take everything for granted, some don't. Let's just all be mature and talk to the people we have a problem with, and not about them.

And please avoid generalisations.

Do original AP'ers really think they own the realm or that they are better then new players or is this just some kind of joke? Once I got 100k hks I was honestly thinking about going to AP on horde but if this is how the realm acts I think I should rethink realm choice

"Original APers" don't play the realm too often anymore but yes, many , although not all, of us are very judgmental of and elitist toward newer players. Obviously we don't own the realm but it is really annoying to think back on how great AP was "in its day." Because of that many of the original players are now very cliquey and keep to themselves, doing arenas and other things. Its not impossible to break that boundary but its definitely hard.

Don't be discouraged from AP though just because of that though. A lot of the older AP players might not even be recognized logging onto AP these days so they hardly run the realm. AP horde is still one of the most active communities in F2P so if you roll there you're sure to find at least some people you'll get along with. You'll always have premades and you'll always have people for dungeons. The worst thing that could happen is you try the server out, don't like it, and continue playing your hunter on Misha.

A lot of the older AP players might not even be recognized logging onto AP these days
To quote Kahr directly from skype, people there now think he's a "random nobody." So yeah, we don't "run" the realm anymore, the new people tend not to realize that we were there, but the most sad thing to me is the complete lack of fun I have with nothing fun or challenging to do, AP is just in a rut right now and it's impossible to dig it out unless something changes.

I already knew Yde and how she was but ty for clearing some stuff up without making to much out of my question. I have respect for the original people which I'm assuming you 3 are for making the community like it was I just wasnt sure if since alot of people abandoned ship if I shouldn't even bother trying to join the sinking ship. I'll try it out more then likely and have a nice talk with the people i have bg'ed against for the last 100k hks and hopefully get some payback on those ally huntards ;D

I started playing on AP durring the golden age, when Ally and Horde both had people everyone knew, where peeps would go down to Gurubashi just to hang out and fuck around, and kill overzealous 19s. Ahhhh... those days were short-lived though as the community grew and the AP All-Stars started to leave thier dusty basements for the sunlight of the outside world. More and more new, eager faces came, people started changing sides, and eventually, many of the known people left for a time, only to log on a few minutes here and there.

I guess the big thing about this is to remember that there are people who have been here for awhile, a long while, the people who really developed the bracket into what it is. They deserve at least a listening ear, as most are very helpful people and for the most part, know what they are doing (else why would peeps like Volcano and Cer write guides for new people?). Without the magic add-on Yheshua made, and the founders of AP, I doubt that the server would be as full and as fun as it is now. So give them a thanks and then strut your stuff and make your own name for yourself instead of bashing those who already have one.

Users who are viewing this thread