Let's save level 20 twinking... Squeaky wheel gets the grease

something tells me that’s gonna require more work than these kids are willing to put in.

friendly reminder that MOBAs exist.

well, you can start playing your decked out 20.

given the amount of 20s, vet with full ilvl87 is likely top 10% in most BGs.

if you don't want to pay, just gear up a 20 with full i87 and gem as many SL gems as you can. you will have fun.

i tried WOD time, for the 3 WOD dungeons on LFD, went 1 hr 43 min no pop, but did get into a BFA, WOTLK, and classic dungeons by taking the blizzard offered option. then said no to each option pop, 1 hr 24 min no WOD pop

i was hoping to do enchants when i got some 87s, but no way to get SL ench mats as F2P

can a F2P do SL JC, the doublets? gems?

I queue WOD dungeons as tank or heal and have instant to max 5 min for pop. Sometimes I get a grp with ppl running WOD dungeons. Got 8 ilvl87 drops by know (mostly rings), 1 with socket, 3 with tertiary.
one ore more epics in nearly every run for someone, so epics seem quite often to drop.

don't get me wrong, sure i encourage you to work your ass off to get full i87 with socket and be a kick-ass 20, but not every 29 in full 112 is like me, playing a non-threatening meme build (albeit effective).

sure you will run over most opponents you face, but you might find your BiS 20 getting demolished by a 29 hunter/monk/druid in full 112 from time to time (the good thing is, there aren't too many of them).

Last edited:
Great for twinks, shitty for levelers... you're right some things will never change, like people that only see themselves.

You haven't been around long enough to know much. You don't grow a bracket without levelers seeing other people have fun. That's how it got big in the first place. Here is where I que the commercial <the more you know...>

You haven't been around long enough to know much. You don't grow a bracket without levelers seeing other people have fun. That's how it got big in the first place. Here is where I que the commercial <the more you know...>

That's funny... I been around long enough to see levelers bitching on the forums about twinks since vanilla. A LOT.

AGAIN... the couple you get interested from farming them is nothing compared to the 99.9% that hate twinks there.

It got "big" from people there to farm crappy geared opponents, from day one. Soon as those crap-geared fodder are gone so are all those "interested" in [insert bracket here]. But you only can see you so, yeah <the more you know...>

Lateral said it perfectly, end of discussion:

The squeaky wheel already got the grease though, that's why we have separated bgs again.

don't get me wrong, sure i encourage you to work your ass off to get full i87 with socket and be a kick-ass 20, but not every 29 in full 112 is like me, playing a non-threatening meme build (albeit effective).

sure you will run over most opponents you face, but you might find your BiS 20 getting demolished by a 29 hunter/monk/druid in full 112 from time to time (the good thing is, there aren't too many of them).

My favourite part is that everytime you get near conceding the point that 20 twinking is just not viable for PvP because of 29s anymore, you still try your best to convey that in a positive fashion:

"I'm having fun!" - He said, playing a build made specifically towards eating the stupid burst of the bracket.

"You might be getting demolished by a 29 even as a bis 20...but there aren't many of them!" - He said, watching a 29 bis ignore his tanky Warrior to obliterate the 20 Warlock that was fearing key targets with two button presses.

"Work your ass off!" - He said, forgetting that F2Players need to farm their gear from the ground up while his 29 can be financed, just to be obliterated by the 29 bis while his tanky Warrior watches.

You're almost reaching the stars, my friend. We'll get you there.

There really isn't a great reason that F2Ps can't be allowed to trade, invite, send mail, and whisper to one another.

Bots selling services/trying to scam ppl Idk if you have never encountered blizzardi before lol.

Right, but literally only to other F2Ps. I don't think that's disruptive enough to the average WoW player for Blizzard to be bothered by it. I imagine logic something like this from Blizzard: "Don't want to be scammed? Pay for the game."

My favourite part is that everytime you get near conceding the point that 20 twinking is just not viable for PvP because of 29s anymore, you still try your best to convey that in a positive fashion:

"I'm having fun!" - He said, playing a build made specifically towards eating the stupid burst of the bracket.

"You might be getting demolished by a 29 even as a bis 20...but there aren't many of them!" - He said, watching a 29 bis ignore his tanky Warrior to obliterate the 20 Warlock that was fearing key targets with two button presses.

"Work your ass off!" - He said, forgetting that F2Players need to farm their gear from the ground up while his 29 can be financed, just to be obliterated by the 29 bis while his tanky Warrior watches.

You're almost reaching the stars, my friend. We'll get you there.

So, i have a 29 dk that i spent about 1 hour gearing (got 1 lock out on ToC) because i wanted to check out how effective the SL regen gems would be and its 100 times easier getting gear on a 29 before i try to farm a full set for my 20 pala to fuck around w some solo pve chit. I qued up for a few BGs over the last couple days (Glance convinced me that it would be a good and fun thing to do!)

I can say now with experiential evidence that DL 29, as it currently is, is the least fun I have ever had pvping on this game. I Q'd up as blood DK (bc fuck it, I always play off-meta bullshit anyway and do just fine.) and consistently topped dmg and healing with little effort. Most games posting over 100k in both categories. It seems like most of the people are poorly geared and what they lack in gear they are not making up for in skill. A 20 would have to spend months gearing to just run into my fat 10k hp ass and fall over with literally nothing to do about it. ANY talk of viability for 20s in this bracket only exists because the play is REALLY THAT BAD, and people have not figured out how to gear yet. The play experience was horribly boring.

The Ques do pop, consistently in about 15 min or so I was getting in prime times, but a majority of games are starting with uneven and un-full teams. It is not uncommon that a game starts and then just ends because there are not enough people in the game. I do half suspect that some of this was due to people queuing into games on alt accounts to try to speed up pops, it happened quite a lot with the same group on the other side, but that is just speculative.

Anyway, Glance kept saying to try it out, he knows because he plays! well, I tried it and it is just really bad all the way around.

If you want a decent pvp experience even as FTP just make a 10, throw on some heirloom and Que up for BGs. Bliz fixed your XP on PVP experience too, might as well use it.

I am legitimately excited to grind out a set of socketed warforge gear for my pala, the SL gems are so strong for supporting solo runs and other is just so much stuff to do now.

If you want a decent pvp experience even as FTP just make a 10, throw on some heirloom and Que up for BGs. Bliz fixed your XP on PVP experience too, might as well use it.

did blizz fix the XP off and party sync exploits?

i did a 10-19 FTP disposable roll a couple of months back, it was seriously loaded with twinks of various levels with full gems/enchants etc. ran into other disposables using BOAs and MOP vendor gear which was what i was doing, but i had no enchants. predom the twinks were 14-18, of course there was obvious 19s, they would get noticed and chatted about by levelers. i did not find this as a enjoyable option

Users who are viewing this thread