EU+US Legion Invasion Event

No, gear doesn't scale anymore.

Right, thats why being naked is the same as have ilvl 24 gear. The stat template in arena/bgs (and soon to be duels, as said by Holinka yesterday) is all that matters.

Right, thats why being naked is the same as have ilvl 24 gear. The stat template in arena/bgs (and soon to be duels, as said by Holinka yesterday) is all that matters.

Wait, why is it that being naked = having a piece of ilvl 24 gear? Surely you can understand the simple concept of having less average iLvl = less stats from stat template.
+ You gain your base stats by having an item in a slot. It's 7 int and 9 stam or something per slot as Rdruid.

Wait, why is it that being naked = having a piece of ilvl 24 gear? Surely you can understand the simple concept of having less average iLvl = less stats from stat template.
+ You gain your base stats by having an item in a slot. It's 7 int and 9 stam or something per slot as Rdruid.

You will have ilvl 24 by default in the BGs / whatever, like you do now, not sure if gear will be needed or not

@Glorifyd I've already read your Thread and even you post that there's no recent change yet folks like @Mvq are talking like everything has changed and all the sudden there's NO Scaling at all, even the mechanic Blizz introduced to gain 0.1% Stats per 1 Average iLvL over the Template of each Bracket. That's why I asked if anything had changed in the past week or so.

This is why I'm confused. Did Blizz change something this past week and REMOVE all Gear/iLvL Scaling so that 100% of all Characters in the same Bracket are the EXACT same iLvL regardless of how much you exceed the Template or did nothing change in the past week and some folks just don't understand what's going on?

EDIT: I'm at Work and can't test this right now. I'm already planning to thoroughly test several Brackets tonight on PTR to see who's right and who's misinformed.

@Glorifyd I've already read your Thread and even you post that there's no recent change yet folks like @Mvq are talking like everything has changed and all the sudden there's NO Scaling at all, even the mechanic Blizz introduced to gain 0.1% Stats per 1 Average iLvL over the Template of each Bracket. That's why I asked if anything had changed in the past week or so.

This is why I'm confused. Did Blizz change something this past week and REMOVE all Gear/iLvL Scaling so that 100% of all Characters in the same Bracket are the EXACT same iLvL regardless of how much you exceed the Template or did nothing change in the past week and some folks just don't understand what's going on?

EDIT: I'm at Work and can't test this right now. I'm already planning to thoroughly test several Brackets tonight on PTR to see who's right and who's misinformed.

I've tested it myself.

I've tested it myself.
Alright, can you point me to the Blue post that states what the changes were in the past week where Blizz changed their minds and removed the ability to over Gear a Bracket Template and gain a small bonus in Stats for doing so please? Like I said I've been crazy busy at work this past week and haven't kept up with the news regarding Legion bits, other than this website.

EDIT: Well that was a complete bust. Got home from work and sat in que for Randoms on both a 99 and 10 for over an hour each, no pop on PTR. Org was chock full of Players also waiting for BGs to pop, not sure if it wasn't working for everyone or just some of us.

Last edited:

You arnt understanding what Im saying. My post was directed @Purj but outside of that NOTHING HAS CHANGED on PTR regarding the Low Level Instanced PvP since I made my original Post.

Gear iLvl contributes to Template value.
Item and Player Level Scaling systems are gone.
An empty item slot is counted as 0.
Each Template has a "base" which starts at 0 iLvl and starts increasing from any gear equipped.
Higher level players have a higher base Template.
There appears to be thresholds for the iLvl boost that affects your Template (ie you need X more average iLvl to yield Y increase)

yet folks like @Mvq are talking like everything has changed and all the sudden there's NO Scaling at all,

I think you have misread him as well. He is saying the ITEM SCALING SYSTEM is gone. Which I already mentioned in my original post as being GONE. Nothing has changed. The Item Scaling System is NOT the same as gear increasing Template. 2 very different things.

Reactions: Mvq
That would be the end of level 1 twinks. Where can I find the source of Holinka saying this?

That would be the end of level 1 twinks. Where can I find the source of Holinka saying this?

That video is from the PvP Q&A just done a few days ago. In his long winded answer, he ends with "but last thing I would say, the stat templates should probably work in duels and that is something I'll look into".

That video is from the PvP Q&A just done a few days ago. In his long winded answer, he ends with "but last thing I would say, the stat templates should probably work in duels and that is something I'll look into".

They need to worry about adding the Item and Player scaling systems before worrying about Templates in duels. Its literally the biggest step BACKWARDS from what they have stated they wanted - more controlled and balanced PvP that is more focused around skill.

Gear doesnt scale. But if you equip gear with a higher ilvl than the respective ilvl threshold for your bracket (ilvl 24 for 10-19) you will gain a 0,1% stat increase pr 1 increase in average ilvl above the threshold

I was under the impression that you were assigned ilvl 24 via the stat template in instanced PvP. Is this no longer the case?

What benefits does this new change have for us twinks (higher ilvl, better stats in BGs)? Also any drawbacks?

Users who are viewing this thread