Legion info that'll affect 19s

Q: Will the PvP gear stat template be available for lower levels? Or will our gear in PvP be the PvE stats at lower levels?
A: The PvP stat templates will apply at lower levels (and scale accordingly).

Q: If I turn off XP, can I still gain PvP lvl? Will I have access to same PvP spell & prestige reward as a lvl 10 like a lvl 110?
A: The PvP Honor system is only available at level 110.

Q: What does "PvP stat template" mean?
A: When you enter a battleground or arena, the game will set your stats from your spec, not your gear. This means all of your stats will come from a template specific to your spec. If one spec isn't doing well in PvP, their spec's template can be tuned individually. PvP talents plus the spec stat templates will allow the team to tune balance in arenas and battlegrounds much better than they ever have been able to do before. As you get better gear, your stats are increased a smaller amount.

Q: are the pvp level brackets going to be changed with legion?
A: PvP level brackets are not changing. The gear provided will scale to your level (similar to Timewalking gear).

Q: Will there be any changes at all to Racials in Legion. Or happy with how they turned out after changes in WoD?
A: Overall they're pretty solid, but we'll tweak them as needed for Legion. The Human racials in particular may need to change, to account for the new PvP systems.

F: Spirit is being changed to Versatility.
Mouseover to see Legion version.
Mouseover to see retail version.

Q: Will item level matter regarding stats in low level PvP?
A: Yes, in a similar manner to max-level PvP. The stat difference will be considerably smaller.

Every Man For Himself UPDATE:

In the next version of the Legion Alpha, we’re adjusting the Human racial ‘Every Man for Himself’ to only remove stun effects. The racial will share a 30 second cooldown with other similar effects.

Due to the changes to PvP gear and the introduction of PvP talents in Legion, the Warlords of Draenor implementation of Every Man For Himself no longer makes sense. So instead, we’re trying out an implementation that functions similar to Will of the Forsaken. It will only break Stun effects, but won’t trigger the full 2-minute cooldown on your Gladiator’s Medallion ability (which is the Legion version of the current Medallion trinkets).

As always, this change isn’t final, and we’re looking for feedback from testers once they’ve had some time with it.

Q: Stay true to the idea of a tank being hit; make Taunt give penalties for not hitting tank, such as reduced damage dealt.
A:
We don't think the fantasy of "I get hit" works well in PvP. Prefer to work on the "I'm on the front line" fantasy instead.

I'll update the thread as soon as I get more information.
If you know something I don't, feel free post it here and I'll update the thread with your information.

Plate wearers in Legion start off with Plate at Level 1 - not Level 40 now.

source Star Wars References Video, Legion Class Overviews, Low Level Mail/Plate Changes, Snowy Owl Returns - Wowhead News

Would this mean new plate items in dungeons? Or just renaming of tooltips of mail/plate gear to just plate?

Most mail items (pre level 40) are turning to plate. Leather items will be following suit (not all, just some, so shamans/hunters can have items as well).

Just a heads up, it totally fixes the BoA transmog situation. Not that BoAs will be amazing in PvP, but if you're leveling a character, at least it can look good.

Most mail items (pre level 40) are turning to plate. Leather items will be following suit (not all, just some, so shamans/hunters can have items as well).

Just a heads up, it totally fixes the BoA transmog situation. Not that BoAs will be amazing in PvP, but if you're leveling a character, at least it can look good.

Yeah cool lol now I don't have to look like a banana while wearing the valor BoA set

Yeah cool lol now I don't have to look like a banana while wearing the valor BoA set

The BoA gear will be the worst gear for PvP, as their item level is at 24, which is extremely low.

So if some leather goes to mail. Do some bis agil/int leathers that rogues use become mail?

blaze said:
Plate and Mail wearers

Rogues are not a mail or plate wearer. Warriors, Shamans, Hunters and Paladins are.

[MENTION=17829]Roboartist[/MENTION]

So if some leather goes to mail. Do some bis agil/int leathers that rogues use become mail?

Let me rephrase; There is being made an equalivant new version of each leather item. No leather items are being remade.

The BoA gear will be the worst gear for PvP, as their item level is at 24, which is extremely low.

Is if now? Much higher when it is upgraded.... Just look at anyone's armory that has been fully upgraded. My equipped ilevel is quite high. Fully upgraded heirlooms are 605 ilevel. We do not know what factor that will play as of yet.

Only 605 when on a 100
Which really pissed me off when they did the hotfix to raise them from 600, and didn't raise the cap for enchants to 605. Had to make me a special character just to put enchants on the looms I had upgraded. I guess you can just buy new copies from the vendor, but that's expensive.

It's this kind of oversight that makes me long for a pve/pvp split in Legion. Some people would say it would be the end of twinking, but I think it would be the begging of balanced low lever pvp.

Users who are viewing this thread