Legion Gear changes and how it effects Twinking

DeLindsay, Gear still matters but not as much as of now and item-level still matters too.
Gear has less of an impact in PvP. Beyond a certain item level, you get drastically diminished returns from item level. For example, the best raider in the game might have a 7% advantage in PvP over a fresh lvl 110.
And before misreading this, look here:
De-escalation - see posts #50 (blue) and #150 - Forums - World of Warcraft
_______

And we don't know yet if the new Rank 1-50 PvP System will work from Level 1 on (which makes sense) or will only activate at 110 (no sense at all). Same goes for scaling and so on ... there aren't any information out yet. 0 when it comes to twinking.

The Beta will start soon then we know much more. As for now, we know nothing about Legion Twinks.

As for now, we know nothing about Legion Twinks.
Sure we do, we know that in instanced PvP come Legion Set Bonuses will be disabled, Trinket "on use" will be disabled (no Medallion/Insignias) and Enchants will be disabled. We also know that Multistrike is being removed from the game and those who do any form of PvE will have to change their gear up come Legion, hence my comment about continuing the gear farm now to be prepared. We also know that Tertiary stats and "some" Secondary stats are changing (just no details) giving further reasoning to continue the gear grind now. I'd call that knowing quite a bit.

Rip expensive enchants
They are slowly making each profession useless. First blacksmith now enchanters

Rip expensive enchants
The only consolation I can give you in that regard is Blizzard is emphatically saying that they set aside an entire team to work on Professions for Legion because they were disappointed with how they turned out for WoD (yeah no shit). We do know that Professions are getting quests tied to them as well. It's entirely possible that (via scaling) there will be new OP Profession items that lower level Twinks will be able to use, possibly through an Account tied high level Character. The last bit is pure speculation, take it with a grain of salt.

99 will die and in its wake will come the 109 bracket.

Here I imagine seeing crafted gear, artifacts (grinding out the points pre cap to fill the tree anyone?), grinding out the honour talents and BoE blues/epics from the leveling process.

Silly to speculate about things like this really, wait until beta.

I don't get why people are hating Legion, it's actually better because you don't need to waste tens of thousands of gold on stuff. Gear won't matter, only your pvp level. They are also removing xp-off only queues and everyone will be equal in Battlegrounds and Arenas. That means no more op classes, no more endless BiS farming. I though you guys twink for fun, not to pwn under-geared players.

This is foolish and destroys what a twink is. First of all this is not going to stop OP classes i don't understand where that logic comes in? second gear wont matter, well that's far from being a twink, and for me a huge part of the fun is building my toon better then others because I have been playing his game so long and know what i'm doing an want to play with other people who are the same. If your bad and don't know how to set your gear up stay out of the twink brackets IMO. Bis farming is fun to me and far from endless! I do twink for fun and there is no such thing as an under-geared twink or they are not twinks at all and don't belong there. If you get pwned you suck and shouldn't be there. Sorry if this sounds a little harsh but I left this game for 3 years and came back enjoying playing my twinks and of course they have to mess with it. This is going to piss off a lot of people, and I was going to pre order legion today until i read this :confused: Maybe I am missing something because this isn't making a lot of sense to me. I don't get what pvp level is, but all i see is the death of twinks and its not making me happy at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rip expensive enchants

It looks to me like they are just dumbing the game down to appease the bad/new players. I wish they went back to how it was in wrath, i quit when pandaria came out and I am not sure what the future holds because this sure is not the only game on the block and besides for content is far from the best.

i don't really mind this, i hope they merge xp-off with xp-on bgs.

You hope they destroy twinks all together? then why are you even in this forum? People don't understand that baddies will still be baddies and get pwned by good players, so the regular bg's are going to get harder for them lol. They are just reducing the game and taking away things and people are thanking them lol.

99 will die and in its wake will come the 109 bracket.

Here I imagine seeing crafted gear, artifacts (grinding out the points pre cap to fill the tree anyone?), grinding out the honour talents and BoE blues/epics from the leveling process.

Silly to speculate about things like this really, wait until beta.

I hope your right, because this is troubling lol. I am going to give them the benefit of doubt, but i just came back after 3 years because I was sick of stupid changes and playing other games, and I am really enjoying this again :/

It looks to me like they are just dumbing the game down to appease the bad/new players. I wish they went back to how it was in wrath, i quit when pandaria came out and I am not sure what the future holds because this sure is not the only game on the block and besides for content is far from the best.

I agree that wrath was the best :)
But we will just have to wait and see what happens in legion. We still got nearly a year to legion :(

For those of you who may actually live in a bubble, Blizzard announced that Gear will be irrelevant in BG's come Legion. Set Bonuses, Trinket procs, and Enchants will all be disabled. This isn't recent news and most of you are probably aware of these proposed changes. What is new as of the Dragon Con panel is Secondary and Tertiary stats are also changing in Legion. HERE is MMO-Champion's post about it.

• Multistrike is being removed from the game (I can only assume it'll be changed to Haste, Crit, Sprit or the like).
  • Tertiary stats are being changed as well as "other" Secondary stats (no details given & I couldn't find more info online).
  • Glaives: Better farm them harder as it looks like DH will be the ONLY Class that can wield them post Legion.
  • Crafted (3) will continue in Legion.
  • Demon Hunter is slated to start at 98 so may be possible to Twink 98/99 with them (obv not a gear related change).

What does the above mean in regards to 90-99 Twinking? Enjoy the time you have left doing instanced PvP with Set Bonuses, Enchants, Trinket procs, etc but be prepared for the time when it's gone. With Multistrike being removed it'd be very wise to farm up additional gear and Bank them now, so when the change happens you still have options in PvE. Also with the removal of Multistrike it'll mean that stat priority is going to change, therefore requiring many to change our gear up anyway... Back to the gear farm.

looking at pre-legion database
- multistrike enchants are showing mastery, more than likely gear and gems will be converted too

Enchant Ring - Gift of Multistrike - Item - World of Warcraft
Enchant Ring - Gift of Mastery - Item - World of Warcraft

- spirit on all gear has been removed and converted to versatility
- spirit enchants and gems are becoming versatility or intellect

Formula: Enchant Bracer - Superior Spirit - Item - World of Warcraft
Formula: Enchant Bracer - Superior Versatility - Item - World of Warcraft

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=66498/sparkling-majestic-zircon
http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=66498/sparkling-majestic-zircon

as for glaives, blizzards comments on DH's being the only class to wield them has to do with legion artifact weapons. it was in response to rogues, warriors,DK, etc classes asking why not as the artifact weapons rolled out.

imo, warglaives from BC are not going to be made "DH will be the ONLY Class that can wield them post Legion", if this was the case.there would be no point farming them, there would also be a huge uproar of those who have farmed them

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread