Legion Gear changes and how it effects Twinking

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
For those of you who may actually live in a bubble, Blizzard announced that Gear will be irrelevant in BG's come Legion. Set Bonuses, Trinket procs, and Enchants will all be disabled. This isn't recent news and most of you are probably aware of these proposed changes. What is new as of the Dragon Con panel is Secondary and Tertiary stats are also changing in Legion. HERE is MMO-Champion's post about it.

• Multistrike is being removed from the game (I can only assume it'll be changed to Haste, Crit, Sprit or the like).
  • Tertiary stats are being changed as well as "other" Secondary stats (no details given & I couldn't find more info online).
  • Glaives: Better farm them harder as it looks like DH will be the ONLY Class that can wield them post Legion.
  • Crafted (3) will continue in Legion.
  • Demon Hunter is slated to start at 98 so may be possible to Twink 98/99 with them (obv not a gear related change).

What does the above mean in regards to 90-99 Twinking? Enjoy the time you have left doing instanced PvP with Set Bonuses, Enchants, Trinket procs, etc but be prepared for the time when it's gone. With Multistrike being removed it'd be very wise to farm up additional gear and Bank them now, so when the change happens you still have options in PvE. Also with the removal of Multistrike it'll mean that stat priority is going to change, therefore requiring many to change our gear up anyway... Back to the gear farm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'd be surprised if resistance and resilience bypass the "can't use this in bg" nerf as they aren't even on the stat charts

Wow, I'd be surprised if resistance and resilience bypass the "can't use this in bg" nerf as they aren't even on the stat charts
That's a very good point and well worth looking into after Legion is Live.

Not about twinking but about Blizz in general..

Why make legion look good, add new pvp interests/system then ruin it like this? Could i really run around naked in bgs and do well?

Not about twinking but about Blizz in general..

Why make legion look good, add new pvp interests/system then ruin it like this? Could i really run around naked in bgs and do well?
The way Blizzard is presenting PvP via Battlegrounds in Legion, yes, you could literally do it naked as gear will have zero effect on stats. That said who knows once it's Live. As for this Thread being about Twinking it's absolutely important for those who wish to continue Twinking in the 60-99 Brackets to keep farming Gear and Banking it so that when Multistrike is removed and they change Secondary/Tertiary stats we still have options. Stat priority will change thus requiring us to do a gear check once again. This change will effect PvE more than PvP, if it effects PvP at all. There are quite a few Players who Twink 60/70/80/85/90-99 for PvE reasons while many of those also PvP as well.

And keep in mind that 90-99 PvP Bracket will be dead when Legion hits. 'cause the new Battlechest (7.0) will be 100. and if you wanna twink at 100-109 you should get to 100 "now" so that you can farm the legendary ring and pve trinkets and stuff.

We don't know yet how scaling will work in Legion. Maybe something is active that shouldn't and so on. Like PvP Power right now ...
Can't wait to play the beta.

I really don't know what i should comment to this. Blizzard is the best example how to troll people and make them mad. You spend lots of times for your fckin twinks. You give money above 50k. Even patch you need to change the gear. Ok i accept it because if I play in a xp stop bracket I need to change my gear and invest 10k for gems and ench. But after a few years to remove gear value and that your skill depends how often you farm people during they questing idk guys. This game lose his image. I won't buy this fckin Legion . i don't want to show Blizzard that I'am really interested in their 5 € Addon. Doesn't matter Blizzard what u are doing for shit. I won't play your expansion anymore. I loved to quest your expansions but now i wont do it that. I hope for you that you lose the other 5 million players . I hope that u stand up with your kindergarden development team.

Step by Step fckin twinks in the ass
*Tezer shock in cata 35k for engineering (5x skilled 1-450) [Removed in Mop]
*BiS Gear 70 (Epic) & Twink Professions bonus [Removed in WoD green items level 5 are op as Cataclysm Dragonsoul items]
*Ench (10000x changed) [Removed in Legion]
* I'am waiting for the next addon after legion . Maybe XP Stopp will be removed? I'am ready blizzard that u kick someone which is already on the ground

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why people are hating Legion, it's actually better because you don't need to waste tens of thousands of gold on stuff. Gear won't matter, only your pvp level. They are also removing xp-off only queues and everyone will be equal in Battlegrounds and Arenas. That means no more op classes, no more endless BiS farming. I though you guys twink for fun, not to pwn under-geared players.

I don't get why people are hating Legion, it's actually better because you don't need to waste tens of thousands of gold on stuff. Gear won't matter, only your pvp level. They are also removing xp-off only queues and everyone will be equal in Battlegrounds and Arenas. That means no more op classes, no more endless BiS farming. I though you guys twink for fun, not to pwn under-geared players.
MY Twinks are for PvE/fun so the BG change won't effect me as I haven't done a BG with any of them since Cata. For PvE we will still have to grind out BiS gear (IF) we choose to stay in the 90-99 Bracket with the removal of Multistrike changing everything up in Legion.

Man I hope this is not for lower toons who ran sfk 600000 times for Shadowfang or for us Gnomer for 100s of hours for rings and bracers. If this does affect us might as well make leveling toon and destroy them at 99 and start over.

Man I hope this is not for lower toons who ran sfk 600000 times for Shadowfang or for us Gnomer for 100s of hours for rings and bracers. If this does affect us might as well make leveling toon and destroy them at 99 and start over.
Blizzard's details have been thin so far but from what we can discern at this time it will effect ALL BG Brackets from Level 10-110. No more Gear, no more Enchants, no more proc items, nothing (well Consumables might still work, and maybe PvP Power might get overlooked).

You, my dear son, have been misinformed.

/cheers

I didnt read anything there on ilvl scaling

So far like 19-39 twinks theres still the factor of having good gear right?
for example if you got some GFed BiS gear pieces those will still rise above the rest right?

I didnt read anything there on ilvl scaling

So far like 19-39 twinks theres still the factor of having good gear right?
for example if you got some GFed BiS gear pieces those will still rise above the rest right?
Once Legion is Live and if Blizz continues with the current plan for Battlegrounds, GEAR WILL BE IRRELEVANT, period. How much stats you have will be based off of your Class and Character Level until Level 110, nothing else. At 110 you will open up a new "spec" for PvP that will basically give you back all the things you lost via Blizz removing gear from the equation. They've already said that the Medallion that gets you out of stuns and what not will be disabled and that "ability" will be added to the new PvP Spec at 110. Yes, you read that correctly, unless you are Human or Undead you will have no way to break CC until 110 in BG's.

Once Legion is Live and if Blizz continues with the current plan for Battlegrounds, GEAR WILL BE IRRELEVANT, period. How much stats you have will be based off of your Class and Character Level until Level 110, nothing else. At 110 you will open up a new "spec" for PvP that will basically give you back all the things you lost via Blizz removing gear from the equation. They've already said that the Medallion that gets you out of stuns and what not will be disabled and that "ability" will be added to the new PvP Spec at 110. Yes, you read that correctly, unless you are Human or Undead you will have no way to break CC until 110 in BG's.

holy shit

Please bear in mind [MENTION=23518]Turtle[/MENTION] everything that comes out of Blizzard's mouth has to be taken with a grain of salt. Until it's actually Live there's no guarantee they won't change their minds. This Thread was just a heads up for folks to be prepared for Legion as a "just in case" scenario.

Please bear in mind [MENTION=23518]Turtle[/MENTION] everything that comes out of Blizzard's mouth has to be taken with a grain of salt. Until it's actually Live there's no guarantee they won't change their minds. This Thread was just a heads up for folks to be prepared for Legion as a "just in case" scenario.

Also I want a direct link to blizzard saying that, none of this mmochampion bullshit

Also I want a direct link to blizzard saying that, none of this mmochampion bullshit
Then use that guy Google and search for yourself. It's WELL known about the changes coming to PvP in Legion and all are based on what Blizzrd themselves have said since the August announcement. Various sources have covered it including MMO Champ, Wowhead and others. There are HOURS of videos talking about upcoming changes in Legion on Wowhead plus tweets and posts/threads by other websites. I'm not going to sift through it all to provide links just because you don't trust MMO Champ (they were directly paraphrasing from Dragon Con btw, which they attended).

Then use that guy Google and search for yourself. It's WELL known about the changes coming to PvP in Legion and all are based on what Blizzrd themselves have said since the August announcement. Various sources have covered it including MMO Champ, Wowhead and others. There are HOURS of videos talking about upcoming changes in Legion on Wowhead plus tweets and posts/threads by other websites. I'm not going to sift through it all to provide links just because you don't trust MMO Champ (they were directly paraphrasing from Dragon Con btw, which they attended).

i call bs

Users who are viewing this thread