EU+US Legion BiS

For a lvl 69 with Fishing Pole
And has anyone confirmed that having the Fishing Pole just chilling in your bags will count for the new iLvL scaling come Legion? If it won't count, just by being in your bags, then it's moot as many Classes/Specs get no use out of a Fishing Pole like Hunter (even SV as Melee in Legion requires an actual Weapon for Abilities).

And has anyone confirmed that having the Fishing Pole just chilling in your bags will count for the new iLvL scaling come Legion? If it won't count, just by being in your bags, then it's moot as many Classes/Specs get no use out of a Fishing Pole like Hunter (even SV as Melee in Legion requires an actual Weapon for Abilities).

No, items in your bags will NOT count to your ilvl that affects your template. You will have to equip the fishing pole to gain its iLvl.

Also, Im pretty sure that the actual Weapons being used will not change your function of abilities, since it was already confirmed by a Blizz post that you could be Naked and still scale said gear to the Threshold in PvP; this should imply that having no weapon at all would still allow you to use 'weapon based abilities'.

Also, Im pretty sure that the actual Weapons being used will not change your function of abilities, since it was already confirmed by a Blizz post that you could be Naked and still scale said gear to the Threshold in PvP; this should imply that having no weapon at all would still allow you to use 'weapon based abilities'.
It does at least from an SV Hunter perspective as someone already tried on Alpha and Beta to do that very thing. There are some Classes/Specs were it wouldn't matter but other simply cannot use Abilities while a Fishing Pole is equipped.

It does at least from an SV Hunter perspective as someone already tried on Alpha and Beta to do that very thing. There are some Classes/Specs were it wouldn't matter but other simply cannot use Abilities while a Fishing Pole is equipped.

So you know 100% without a doubt that someone has tried with the Fishing Pole and it didnt work?

If so, then that just limits more people from getting the full stat increase, which is great.

If I were you, I wouldnt be asking us the question about the Pole affecting iLvl in your bags, when you could be asking those people that already tested the Fishing Pole.

Last edited:
So you know 100% without a doubt that someone has tried with the Fishing Pole and it didnt work?
Unfortunately nothing is 100% without a doubt until it's Live, and even then things could get hotfixed after the fact.

I jumped on PTR and right now the Template stuff seems very inconsistent and might even be bugged.

Did about 10 wargames and noticed that:
We dont scale to 69 anymore (at least not visually)
Our gear doesnt scale anymore (at least not visually)
All specs at 60 have 10-9% Crit, 5-4% haste, 4-3% Vers on the new template system.
Gear above the 'threshold' we once knew as ilvl 138, simply does nothing when equipping it.

For the 60-69 bracket, because gear scales to ilvl 143, 60s can wear whatever they want (no gear available to 60s reaches that ilvl, so everything will scale). 69s will be able to get maybe 20-30 average ilvls higher, so we're only talking a 2-3% difference for gear stats, same as most brackets.

So if this true so useable items are worth more for Twinks?
e.g. the gnomenetomatic or sth like that?

So if this true so useable items are worth more for Twinks?
e.g. the gnomenetomatic or sth like that?

Any gear that has a "use" or "equip" function (if that's what you mean) won't work in instanced PvP in Legion. The gear will only count for item level.

Edit: from what we know right now, anyway. That may change, depending on what Blizzard does/doesn't do for the Legion prepatch.

Any gear that has a "use" or "equip" function (if that's what you mean) won't work in instanced PvP in Legion. The gear will only count for item level.

Edit: from what we know right now, anyway. That may change, depending on what Blizzard does/doesn't do for the Legion prepatch.

Ah Thank you very much for clarification.
So Pots and grenades will be useless too i guess?
Sorry I have been away from Battlegrounds for 2-3 Years now, if i sound stupid please do not think bad of me.
I'm grateful for your answers and the time you invest to answer my maybe stupid questions.

So Pots and grenades will be useless too i guess?
Sorry I have been away from Battlegrounds for 2-3 Years now, if i sound stupid please do not think bad of me.

No worries. The changes are considerable, and everyone has a lot of good questions.

Even though gear with "equip" and "use" isn't supposed to work in Legion, consumables like grenades and pots still should work (to my knowledge) in non-rated battlegrounds.

Maybe we can convince these 60s to start making level 50s now and do some raiding.

The 50-59 bracket has a lot of potential in Legion. Thanks to 375 primary professions starting at 50, BIS items for a couple of slots are the same between 50s and 59s, making for the smallest gear gap of any Legion bracket. I think the bracket would really take off if someone made a 50 Horde raiding guild, to compete with the Alliance guild. Nothing spurs twink interest like competition, and that's been an opportunity waiting to happen for awhile now.

No worries. The changes are considerable, and everyone has a lot of good questions.

Even though gear with "equip" and "use" isn't supposed to work in Legion, consumables like grenades and pots still should work (to my knowledge) in non-rated battlegrounds.

Wouldn't that make Trinkets obsolent?
e.g. Gyro Frost reflector?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/18634
I also have another Question if you don't mind answering them or maybe even testing if you are on the PTR.
IF there is something stated e.g. „Chance to be resisted/fail when used by players over level 60." are we considered as over level 60 in a Battleground?

Wouldn't that make Trinkets obsolent?

Other than for item level, yes, trinkets of all kinds will become obsolete in Legion instanced PvP. They will still work fine in World PvP, PvE, and duels.

IF there is something stated e.g. „Chance to be resisted/fail when used by players over level 60." are we considered as over level 60 in a Battleground?

If level scaling stays the same in Legion as in WoD, then yes, everyone will be considered over level 60 in instanced PvP. However, level scaling isn't working on the PTR right now. If for some crazy reason that doesn't get fixed and goes live, then 60s would indeed have a greater chance of getting hit by consumable-based items. The one you linked is a trinket, so that would be disabled in battlegrounds and arenas.

Weapon Set Bonuses work in BG's after you die once and you can stack different ones on top of eachother, including Chance on Hits.

Ofcourse most weapon sets are removed but the Crystal Fang/Venomspitter set is still obtainable and works wonders in BGs. Here's how it works;

1. Enter BG.
2. Equip Weapon Set Bonus (my favorites are Fang of the Crystal Spider and Venomspitter, spammable immobilize).
3. Die once.
4. Equip normal weapons and benefit from whatever set bonus the previously equipped weapons had.
5. Collect more weapon set bonuses and repeat steps 1-4.
6. Have 4 Weapon Set bonuses as passive abilities and rek everyone.

keklamakanis.jpg

Here I have my Bonereaver's Edge equipped, while being a tiger from Thekal and Arlokk's Grasp and webbing the target with my Crystalfang/Venomspitter;
bugsbugs.jpg

What other people don't seem to realize is that you have to die in a BG once with the weapons equipped before the proc starts functioning (inside of BGs and if you want to stack them).

Been doing this for a day or three now, it's a lot of fun. Rend's swords, Primal God Blessing (Arlokk's/Thekal's Grasp), Eskhandar Claws and Venomspitter/Crystalfang all work and are all stackable.

I wanted to keep it a secret for a while longer but they were getting to close on the US forums already :p.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread