Korrak's Revenge is fun

Timewarped AV vendors were just hotfixed back in after 2 years
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=158385/time-displaced-thanthaldis-snowgleam
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=158386/time-displaced-jorek-ironside

also the items from the kill korrak quest can scale below 30 now, and are blue

no items for sale for level 1

ilvl 24 for lvl 20

koraq.PNG

every character will get 200 tw badges in the mail. the items cost 20,40,90 timewalking badges + 1-2 marks of honor per

any toon 1+ can get 5 badges a day via quest in caverns of time https://www.wowhead.com/quest=43323/a-time-to-reflect

Last edited:
Was hoping The Lobotomizer would be the offhand I needed for Assa spec, turned out it sucks.
Got the mount though, usuable at 20, of which you also get the opposite faction version. They"re revamped versions of the old AV mounts, cool stuff.
The Shredder quest is clearly worth it if you want to participate in the BG, you can hit for 20k+ with it, because with your 15k hp, you're oneshot material.

i am like 100% sure i managed to do it twice over the last two days? or maybe just misremembering since i did it on four diff chars

I had a time walking twink that could one shot 10-15 people a chaos bolt
I did this too, the first year. I resubbed for the anniversary because I thought Korraks was a fun event the first time... However, putting on my TW set, as of this writing, drops me to 12k hp, but using my regular gear, I have the same hp I would have outside TW (a LOT more).

My guess is that the SL level squish messed up the coding, and Bliz has no clue how to fix it. The guy who coded it probably left the company lol.

blizzard is not going to scale "any" low levels below max level to be on par with the borrowed power systems of the expac. they add some HP, but still no chance. it's a bonus to max level players like AV was in van wow which was 51-60 and van TBC which included 61-70. players QQ'd in WOTLK how unfair the 71-80 bracket was. blizzard did eventually fix AV became a 71-79 and a separate 80 only BG. 60 AV only was temp until TBC was added to the basic game.

blizzard has not applied this to the korrack AV. imo probably will never piss on a max level player, nerf what they earned, and have them killed by a lower level due to scaling.

best way to low level play korrack AV and best honor go ranged, stay with the main pack.

blizzard is not going to scale "any" low levels below max level to be on par with the borrowed power systems of the expac.
The first year it came out, there was timewalking scaling, which meant that stuff from SoO was a max level toon's bis gear in a lot of cases. It also wasn't unusual to see items like Shadowmourn or the leggo staff from cata.

on the topic of the scaling

basically the issue is that you scale to 60, and your gear scales to ilvl 70. this is terrible ilvl for a 60. any gear higher than i70 stays as is.
on my 50 im in mostly ~120ilvl, so thats a little better than 70 ilvl. i get like 24k hp instead of 15k. so im in the middle. any leveler i can easily kill, and any 60 with actual gear can kill me just as easy or more so.

both numbers are terrible compared to ilvl 200, which can be obtained with 30k spent on full crafted blues at 60
max geared 60s are 240-255ilvl, a massive difference from 70ilvl.

But should they be getting slapped by npcs?
No they shouldn’t, everything chops said is wrong imo. This is a special event where players are boosted to 60, the ilvl 70 gear does not match that boosted level it’s like they pulled that from BFA with a shadowlands level cap.

of course every he said is correct in every other area of the game, but korracks is a very small limited special everyone should feel included. The 2 times I queued for it I got called out and embarrassed cos I was sitting at 16k, the players do t even know your scales unless they inspect you.

Don't agree that i should be struggling vs NPCs that aren't seasoned/veteran/champion units. Me getting 1 shot by 60s is pretty ridiculous and makes it straight up unplayable outside of me being a res bot/armor scraps collector.

No they shouldn’t, everything chops said is wrong imo. This is a special event where players are boosted to 60, the ilvl 70 gear does not match that boosted level it’s like they pulled that from BFA with a shadowlands level cap.

of course every he said is correct in every other area of the game, but korracks is a very small limited special everyone should feel included. The 2 times I queued for it I got called out and embarrassed cos I was sitting at 16k, the players do t even know your scales unless they inspect you.
The fact that there is even a MERGED queue in this game still should be enough to feel included.

Even if the gear was scaled up, you'd still get shit on by 60s anyways with more abilities, talents, etc.
Don't agree that i should be struggling vs NPCs that aren't seasoned/veteran/champion units. Me getting 1 shot by 60s is pretty ridiculous and makes it straight up unplayable outside of me being a res bot/armor scraps collector.
If you don't like it, buy the game. That's the entire point of F2P. Yall need to stop being so damn entitled it's fucking cringe.

There is no way a max level character in an MMORPG should be competing with someone 40 levels below them. Period.

Users who are viewing this thread