iTwink Status Thread

Its only offline because whenever I put it online, the same 3-4 people log on and then it gets boring, really fast, and then they all log off.

It would be up almost 24/7

Yesterday it was up for over 12 hours, and the amount of players did not go over 5 that entire time.

quite a few of us are night owls (US) and we were disheartened this last week abt the server only being online during the day

Orcgasm said:
Its only offline because whenever I put it online, the same 3-4 people log on and then it gets boring, really fast, and then they all log off.

It would be up almost 24/7

Yesterday it was up for over 12 hours, and the amount of players did not go over 5 that entire time.

No offense dude, but you have quite a few things to learn about marketing ;)

1: Finish the product

2: Advertise it

3: Get customers

4: ????

5: Profit

As in: Fix all the bugs you can fix, get the server up and running 24/7, then broadcast its excistence on all twink forums (and I'm sure many of us here will help spread the word on our respective live-servers). THEN the people will start flowing in.

Just an advice :p

- Alz

Orcgasm said:
The thing is, I'm not going to put it up and maintain it, so that 3 people can log on and screw around. No point whatsoever.

This would be due to the bugs that still need fixing. I find it quite fun to hop on and play test a new class and spec but with some key abilities currently not working it's hard to draw in the crowd.

Fix bugs, we'll advertise every where and any where that twinks may dwell, and we should have plenty of activity. This thread itself proves there is a lot of interest - just need it to be up and running ~95% of the time!

-X

Alzira said:

As in: Fix all the bugs you can fix, get the server up and running 24/7, then broadcast its excistence on all twink forums (and I'm sure many of us here will help spread the word on our respective live-servers). THEN the people will start flowing in.

- Alz

I'm pretty sure I know more than enough about marketing. This is unrelated to marketing, however, because I am not selling a product.

i would be on all the time but every time i try it's down...

is it up?

alzira said:
i understand very well that you dont find it worth the effort when theres so few people on, but the thing is that its veeery hard to recruit people to a server thats more offline than online....

. .

Alzira said:

- Alz

First off, it's not a product. It's a free server for everyone on Twinkinfo / World to play on.

we are advertising it sooner than later because we needed people to test out shit and people were begging to get it live so we did.

We got customers.

Twinkytoes said:
First off, it's not a product. It's a free server for everyone on Twinkinfo / World to play on.

we are advertising it sooner than later because we needed people to test out shit and people were begging to get it live so we did.

We got customers.

Gogogo shattered hand? =D

I'm aware that you're not trying to sell a product yes, but its the same thing. You want players on your server, which I in my post compared to customers. If its free or not doesn't really matter in this case.

And your logic fails when you say that you wont put your server up untill you get enough players. Thats simply not how it works, people will not join a servers thats more offline than online. I know because I have tried to recruit people, but they just see that the server is offline and goes something like "tell me when its up for real".

Server first - then players.

In that order.

Edit: I don't know how to talk online without douchbaggery so I might take a break from the site if I keep up the filth.

blazin said:
na i dont have a server you dumb fag nor do i want one if its gonna turn out like this shit fest

every player i seen on this garbage realm was a keyboard turnin fuckin bad with a server cap of like fuckin 10 people rofl wat a fuckin waste of time

You truly rock the shit mate!

If you don't want to play why the fuck did you type this? GTFO

blazin said:
na i dont have a server you dumb fag nor do i want one if its gonna turn out like this shit fest

every player i seen on this garbage realm was a keyboard turnin fuckin bad with a server cap of like fuckin 10 people rofl wat a fuckin waste of time

You seem to keep coming back. You also seem to hate this server and everything has to do with it. That does not compute. Also, you dont have a server? Then you dont understand, Mr. Tenyearold.

All you are doing is feeding me. I <3 your nerd rage, so stop now.

get it up, otherwise i can't get my up.. (thats a joke about my penis!)

Alzira said:
I'm aware that you're not trying to sell a product yes, but its the same thing. You want players on your server, which I in my post compared to customers. If its free or not doesn't really matter in this case.

And your logic fails when you say that you wont put your server up untill you get enough players. Thats simply not how it works, people will not join a servers thats more offline than online. I know because I have tried to recruit people, but they just see that the server is offline and goes something like "tell me when its up for real".

Server first - then players.

In that order.

There is a server. It is pretty much done, the rest of fixes that I can do are mostly housekeeping stuff.

There were over 40 people online at one point. It was down for 1 day for maintenance. Now there are fewer than 10 that actively check the thread then try to play.

I'm not abandoning the project, just lying in wait.

I never said I would not put it up until I get more players, that is twisting my words.

Orcgasm Please Leave

Orcgasm, do everyone a favor and shut down this stupid server .. its never up and you obviously have no idea what your doing. Your clueless posts are getting annoying.

Deathbytwinking said:
Orcgasm, do everyone a favor and shut down this stupid server .. its never up and you obviously have no idea what your doing. Your clueless posts are getting annoying.

lols.

nerdrayj

Deathbytwinking said:

Deathbytwinking, do everyone a favor and leave this server thread. If I ever find you personally online, I will ban you for being a giant hypocrite, fag, douche. Nuff' Said.

Users who are viewing this thread