Is XPOff being deliberately killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this is what everyone wants right? You want to be able to say whatever you want about anyone you want, whenever you want. If it's okay for you, it's okay for me, too.

Can someone give me a summary or a tldr of this thread, I dont feel like reading through 10 pages of probably the same shit.

mods throwing their power about and the community voicing their opinions, white knights who post here once a year jumping to mods defence because they want to be liked by new staff

All you have to do is ask me and I will change it for you. If your avatar is an actual real life picture of you, it should be against the rules for you to have "qt" anywhere in your name.
my profile picture is icejjfish the legend, and if u can change my name to just "Raz" then that would be cool

How many Moderator applications do you think we've received? (I'll give you a hint: not many). And out of those few applications, how many of them do you think were even close to viable prospects? (I'll give you another hint: even less). I know that some of my staff members have been getting a bit out of hand with carrying out their duties; I'm not denying that at all. But again, they are not entirely to blame here because I have obviously failed somehow in making my goals clear. Blame it all on me if you wish. I'm a responsible adult human being and I have no problem whatsoever in accepting my faults and shortcomings

If the site management feels they need more quality moderators/staff you could always ask someone to see if they are interested.

If the site management feels they need more quality moderators/staff you could always ask someone to see if they are interested.
Is that really want they want though? The staff atm is a highly productive yet small group of people, if they have to reach out to someone to peak their interest, is that someone really on the same page? Not for me to decide, just a thought.

The staff needs more hands on deck and I think they know that, admins and mods alike. You can apply here https://xpoff.com/forms/

I swear on everything, I am just going to ban you all.

As a matter of fact, I am banning every person that uses this site.

#BanHammerNerds

This isn't the first time stating my opinion on this but here's my $0.02....it's gotten slightly more nuanced due to an experience I had.

I think competitive games can handle trash talk to the level of toxicity. I've never known a competitive player to quit because people were talking trash. For most of us, it motivates us to get better. I've long felt that there is toxicity in 19 that perpetually keeps the bracket low volume, but it isn't trash talk. It's a group a people deciding what the rules are and saying F everyone else, instead of leaning towards few rules that only stop true cheating or things that ridiculously ruin the game. And it's that group and their offshoots deciding who is allowed to play. I've been explicitly banned from plebs for like a year because of that childish crap.

99 was a bracket that tried to take off a few months ago and was a lot of fun. It was the most twinked bracket (in ipvp) - you would have a 14-15% stat buff but most importantly you'd have your artifact when very few did and could level it up some (no AK at that level). But the bracket was primarily populated by players new to hard core pvp. KP was growing it nicely but then against his advice some douche won a game and ran all the new players out of the bracket. He didn't run any competitive players out, but there weren't enough of those to field teams anymore on any given night...so the bracket died pretty much immediately.

19 is not 99. It's the original bracket. It can handle douches like that because it will always have enough people to be competitive. Yes good leadership could help it grow and while I was clearly a strong community leader in the early years of the bracket I'm not now. Since it can handle "toxicity", I think it should be allowed. That being said, I can't imagine anyone complaining if it's segregated. A private anything goes (within reason - blatant racism etc is overboard but usually trolling anyways) that you have to sign up for like the underbog or whatever it's called.

This isn't the first time stating my opinion on this but here's my $0.02....it's gotten slightly more nuanced due to an experience I had.

I think competitive games can handle trash talk to the level of toxicity. I've never known a competitive player to quit because people were talking trash. For most of us, it motivates us to get better. I've long felt that there is toxicity in 19 that perpetually keeps the bracket low volume, but it isn't trash talk. It's a group a people deciding what the rules are and saying F everyone else, instead of leaning towards few rules that only stop true cheating or things that ridiculously ruin the game. And it's that group and their offshoots deciding who is allowed to play. I've been explicitly banned from plebs for like a year because of that childish crap.

99 was a bracket that tried to take off a few months ago and was a lot of fun. It was the most twinked bracket (in ipvp) - you would have a 14-15% stat buff but most importantly you'd have your artifact when very few did and could level it up some (no AK at that level). But the bracket was primarily populated by players new to hard core pvp. KP was growing it nicely but then against his advice some douche won a game and ran all the new players out of the bracket. He didn't run any competitive players out, but there weren't enough of those to field teams anymore on any given night...so the bracket died pretty much immediately.

19 is not 99. It's the original bracket. It can handle douches like that because it will always have enough people to be competitive. Yes good leadership could help it grow and while I was clearly a strong community leader in the early years of the bracket I'm not now. Since it can handle "toxicity", I think it should be allowed. That being said, I can't imagine anyone complaining if it's segregated. A private anything goes (within reason - blatant racism etc is overboard but usually trolling anyways) that you have to sign up for like the underbog or whatever it's called.

We have a forum for that.
https://xpoff.com/forums/the-royal-lounge.298/
People also have access to create their own little private rooms to do and say what they want.

/cheers

No, this is what everyone wants right? You want to be able to say whatever you want about anyone you want, whenever you want. If it's okay for you, it's okay for me, too.
Hopefully you're joking because this shouldn't be okay with you and the rest of your staff whatsoever.

I believe that there is an immense distinction between teasing and cyberbullying that persists within online/gaming communities. Comments that are clearly made to tease or fuel drama should be acceptable. Although, the repeated harassment that I've witnessed occurring between individuals, both on threads and through private messages shouldn't be taken lightly. Posting of personal information, personal pictures being made into memes and such, shouldn't be allowed. There's more to be addressed, such as personal threats and so on, but you get the gist. Most of the people that use these forums are young adults. Cyberbullying is a growing issue that's addressed in all schools and it most definitely should not be allowed here. Of course, victims can report these individuals, block them, or even resist the urge to retort, however it's still important to have moderation for this type of behavior. This conduct could truly lead someone into hurting themselves. A majority of online social media do not tolerate it and neither should these forums.

I've voiced my opinion on this type of moderating in the past to the owners and the rest of the staff back in 15' when Myrm made his team adopt the 'Less Moderation' policy. I reported a thread that was clearly made to incite hate towards a friend of mine, where people piled onto the train and some even went as far as telling him to kill himself. At the time, the staff told me verbatim 'there's nothing we can do, my hands are tired'. I found that to be absolutely disgraceful.

I'm all for less moderation and allowing people speak whatever's on their minds. Although, no staff member should stand by while someone gets bullied.

Hopefully you're joking because this shouldn't be okay with you and the rest of your staff whatsoever.

I believe that there is an immense distinction between teasing and cyberbullying that persists within online/gaming communities. Comments that are clearly made to tease or fuel drama should be acceptable. Although, the repeated harassment that I've witnessed occurring between individuals, both on threads and through private messages shouldn't be taken lightly. Posting of personal information, personal pictures being made into memes and such, shouldn't be allowed. There's more to be addressed, such as personal threats and so on, but you get the gist. Most of the people that use these forums are young adults. Cyberbullying is a growing issue that's addressed in all schools and it most definitely should not be allowed here. Of course, victims can report these individuals, block them, or even resist the urge to retort, however it's still important to have moderation for this type of behavior. This conduct could truly lead someone into hurting themselves. A majority of online social media do not tolerate it and neither should these forums.

I've voiced my opinion on this type of moderating in the past to the owners and the rest of the staff back in 15' when Myrm made his team adopt the 'Less Moderation' policy. I reported a thread that was clearly made to incite hate towards a friend of mine, where people piled onto the train and some even went as far as telling him to kill himself. At the time, the staff told me verbatim 'there's nothing we can do, my hands are tired'. I found that to be absolutely disgraceful.

I'm all for less moderation and allowing people speak whatever's on their minds. Although, no staff member should stand by while someone gets bullied.
Cyberbullying doesnt exist, turn off your monitor

I can't tell you how many times I have been threatened in that manner.

While I don't 100% agree with how the "rules and guidelines" are being implemented. I have no choice to follow these rules if I plan on continuing posting on this forum.

/cheers

Is that really want they want though? The staff atm is a highly productive yet small group of people, if they have to reach out to someone to peak their interest, is that someone really on the same page? Not for me to decide, just a thought.

The staff needs more hands on deck and I think they know that, admins and mods alike. You can apply here https://xpoff.com/forms/
Broken link, due to insufficient access. I'd be more than happy to help out, modded and admined many a forum since the 90s. Not sure if I'm what you're looking for, but I'd be happy to lend my services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread