Is there a class/spec that can consistently beat Hunters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your points, maybe we arent understanding each other... I was only saying that yes, hunters got advandage and if alliance too more advantage, but ally hunters still are beatable by horde rogue sometimes. The thread was starting with the idea of hunters unkillable 1vs1 and i think is false.

ok, i agree

actually, i made a rogue because i wanted to be able to kill hunters (which means ~50+% of an average alliance PUG group), didnt want to roll Paladin and be able to get off GY (plenty of PUG games end up with half a dozen alliance skillpatch huntards camping the 700HP Horde scrubs for 25min)

i can kill hunters if i attack after they just used scatter or disengage, or when my 5min CD is up. I dont think i can win vs a good hunter with all his CDs up

Disc Priests stand up pretty well vs hunters.

hunters are op, but bad hunters are beat by good players of any class.

good hunters are beat by coordination and planning.

if you need to 1 on 1 with a good hunter, you are probably in the wrong place.

your chances of winning are highest if you are a good disc priest, but a disc priest really shouldn't be going 1 on 1 in a bg. holy paladins and other hunters are the other top choices for killing hunters, but how boring is that?

so, play the class that you find interesting and challenging, but coordinate with your teammates, and don't solo hunters.

hunters are op, but bad hunters are beat by good players of any class.

good hunters are beat by coordination and planning.

if you need to 1 on 1 with a good hunter, you are probably in the wrong place.

your chances of winning are highest if you are a good disc priest, but a disc priest really shouldn't be going 1 on 1 in a bg. holy paladins and other hunters are the other top choices for killing hunters, but how boring is that?

so, play the class that you find interesting and challenging, but coordinate with your teammates, and don't solo hunters.

Unfortunately not

I can most of the time beat scrub hunters 1v1 on my priest but a good hunter will a majority of the time win... or one who just knows how to kite

I dont know about you guys but a bad hunter who catches me off guard will kill me before i get a second regrowth off.

I'm thinking all else equal, the only two that would even be able to beat them at all would maybe be a Holy Pally or Resto Shaman. What are your thoughts?

If All Else (gear/skill/connection speed/air velocity/no surprise attack) Equal than Answer = None.

I'm not saying hunters are unbeatable - I am very specifically answering your question based on data observed during gameplay in this bracket.

Two easy ways to tell if a hunter is bad or good:

1. They hold down s key - their bad

2. They use Hunter's Mark on you half away across the map(if ur a stealther or FC) - their good.

2. They use Hunter's Mark on you half away across the map(if ur a stealther or FC) - their good.

3. They keyturn - their bad

4. They disengage uphill - their bad

5. They let their Focus drop below 30 before they kill someone - their bad.

So many things most, ie. 99%, Hunters do and just make them bad.

6. They disengage to gain distance on a EFC and position themself not to get CC'd, kill EFC and make sure nobody touches their healer - their good.

Hunter's Mark is a good indicator by itself. Even from both sides i sometimes don't i see HM go up. I yell at hunters when I don't see HM
<

I'm a holy pally and I can 1v1 hunters 90% of the time.

If their bad I exorcism them down right away.

If their good I hop and run up while I holy shock and crusader strike to gain some HP if I get low and then stun them and 2 exorcisms/holy shocks and there down.

I love how the exit of the horde tunnel has a lip to it. When I played my hunter (alliance) I'd take the speed buff, disengage at the top of the lip, and make it just past the giant mid-field stump. Disengage is my favorite move in the game because if you know how to use it, it's a gap closer as well as an oh-shit-button.

You guys are making me miss my hunter. It sucks that players who are really good at the class and legitimately enjoy playing it are hated by this community because of faulty game mechanics.

Fuck that. I play my hunter anyway. Hunter has a high skillcap, it just has a low bar to doing well as well.

Fuck that. I play my hunter anyway. Hunter has a high skillcap, it just has a low bar to doing well as well.

QFT. Same thing with DK's end game. People talk shit, but could never be skilled enough to play a class that has all of it's resources available to it at random. My DK is my main. Probably going to roll a Belf 20 Hunter soon. Tired of changing the way I play because of what a crappy community says lol.

Hell, I dropped my 34 avg kb/match hunter for the second most "gimped" class in the bracket, and not only did I breath life into the warrior class, but people still talk shit to me.

QFT. Same thing with DK's end game. People talk shit, but could never be skilled enough to play a class that has all of it's resources available to it at random. My DK is my main. Probably going to roll a Belf 20 Hunter soon. Tired of changing the way I play because of what a crappy community says lol.

Hell, I dropped my 34 avg kb/match hunter for the second most "gimped" class in the bracket, and not only did I breath life into the warrior class, but people still talk shit to me.

We all know what a warrior is capable of. And we knew it

Long before you showed up. Your no gift to this bracket. Just another kid who doesn't pay.

no one is stopping you from playing hunter at 20. it's your business

i just don't see how playing 20 hunter can be fun at all for a player who is reasonably decent. the only time i ever die on my hunter is when i'm gy camping by myself and the situation degenerates into a 1v6 or something .i can literally kill half of the other team, by myself, without dying, and i can do this over and over again. it's like putting in a cheat code.

it was always possible for me to dominate BGs on my twink hunters in the past, because they are imbalanced at low levels by design, but never to this extent. i feel like i'm joining a pickup basketball game with a bunch of 10 year old kids. it's just dumb.

My warrior is P2P, f2p legal. You must be another "kid" that doesn't read. I make up pet names for forum-goers to empower myself too, I don't come off douchey at all either. seewatididthur

Or maybe I play monthly and really have no desire to care if your p2p or f2p. I do come off douchey, and that's because the community dislikes me anyway(insert random assumption as to why here)

And kid isn't a pet name.

well i play hunter because 1) until i became a hunter we had 2 active ones. now we have like 5 or 6. 2) Horde is STRAIGHT TERRIBLE and I am not healing pugs who can barely beat ONE hunter COMBINED in every stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread