Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Who's Neon?

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • I hate Trialkiller

Votes: 10 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been afk'ing in dalaran sewers lately hoping to find some x-realm / x-faction twinks to duel but no one comes here. You can duel without killing eachother here and it's an x-realm city so me on a pvp realm can see everyone on a U.S pvp realm. So come fight me ffs...

Because 1v1s aren't balanced even remotely. Half the classes you just hit each other till one dies and is largely based on RNG across the board. Not to mention why would I waste an hour of my time leveling a new character specifically for this when I can just log on to any of my characters and smash?

Totally agree but i heavily multi class comfortably. So less of an issue for me.

So what you two guys are saying is that 1v1 is RNG based? That would mean, /GASP!, "skill" is not a determining factor after all. #Whowouldathunkit

/cheers

So what you two guys are saying is that 1v1 is RNG based? That would mean, /GASP!, "skill" is not a determining factor after all. #Whowouldathunkit

/cheers

Sorry I meant mirror 1v1s. Yes game knowledge and skill play a factor in all aspects of the game, but in a mirror 1v1 bad rng luck can set you so far behind that you can't recover.

yet you change your avatar every 3 days faggot

Every 3 days > Every day & every hour you're on this site faggot.

Takes me 2 seconds to change it if it makes you that irritated. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
LF People on U.S PvP servers to come to Dalaran sewers and bathe in my glory.

Also to duel... Getting 1 shotted by 100s outside org gets old.

Come n get me bitches.

Wn1kDAf.gif

P.s. dalaran is x-realm and a neutral city, so you can duel either faction without killing eachother in sewers

LF People on U.S PvP servers to come to Dalaran sewers and bathe in my glory.

Also to duel... Getting 1 shotted by 100s outside org gets old.

Come n get me bitches.

Wn1kDAf.gif

P.s. dalaran is x-realm and a neutral city, so you can duel either faction without killing eachother in sewers

Aren't there guards that attack you if u fight tho

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. Dunning and Kruger attributed the bias to the metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately.

Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:

fail to recognize their own lack of skill
fail to recognize genuine skill in others

Dunning has since drawn an analogy ("the anosognosia of everyday life") with a condition in which a person who suffers a physical disability because of brain injury seems unaware of, or denies the existence of, the disability, even for dramatic impairments such as blindness or paralysis: "If you're incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent." The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

Supporting Studies

Dunning and Kruger set out to test these hypotheses on Cornell undergraduates in psychology courses. In a series of studies, they examined subject self-assessment of logical reasoning skills, grammatical skills, and humor. After being shown their test scores, the subjects were asked to estimate their own rank. The competent group estimated their rank accurately, while the incompetent group overestimated theirs. As Dunning and Kruger noted:

Across four studies, the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test performance and ability. Although test scores put them in the 12th percentile, they estimated themselves to be in the 62nd."

My thoughts are that an individual can reach such a heightened sense of superiority that they no longer attempt to understand someone who correctly identifies shortcomings in that individual, whether they be shortcomings in World of Warcraft or mental health.

Regarding some of the language used in this thread, some words say more about the person that uses them than they do about anyone else. Faggot is an example word, and is probably used as an insecurity coping mechanism. Try to consider the impact that a word like this could have on someone reading it, the emotional distress that could be attached to it.

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate. Dunning and Kruger attributed the bias to the metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately.

Dunning has since drawn an analogy ("the anosognosia of everyday life") with a condition in which a person who suffers a physical disability because of brain injury seems unaware of, or denies the existence of, the disability, even for dramatic impairments such as blindness or paralysis: "If you're incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent." The skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

Supporting Studies

Dunning and Kruger set out to test these hypotheses on Cornell undergraduates in psychology courses. In a series of studies, they examined subject self-assessment of logical reasoning skills, grammatical skills, and humor. After being shown their test scores, the subjects were asked to estimate their own rank. The competent group estimated their rank accurately, while the incompetent group overestimated theirs. As Dunning and Kruger noted:

Across four studies, the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test performance and ability. Although test scores put them in the 12th percentile, they estimated themselves to be in the 62nd."

My thoughts are that an individual can reach such a heightened sense of superiority that they no longer attempt to understand someone who correctly identifies shortcomings in that individual, whether they be shortcomings in World of Warcraft or mental health.

Regarding some of the language used in this thread, some words say more about the person that uses them than they do about anyone else. Faggot is an example word, and is probably used as an insecurity coping mechanism. Try to consider the impact that a word like this could have on someone reading it, the emotional distress that could be attached to it.

(⊙ω⊙) wat.

Supporting Studies

(⊙ω⊙) wat.

If you're so above average I'd expect to at least see a win loss rate above 50%, kill / death ratio above 2.0, and BiS gear is a given. Communication is key, you think I win 70% of my games solo q'ing without telling people what to do? It's one thing to play well, it's an entirely other thing to get everyone around you to play well... you keep claiming to be some god but you're not proving anything other than the fact that your 19 is terrible and your only excuse is that "19s on alliance while solo q'ing are HARD... like REALLY hard..."

you dont rly play 19s, do u?
win / loss ratios are worthless to determine a players skill, even kb / deaths can be manipulated, ever met rogues that only ambush ppl at 25% and then restealth..? Or a lock quin with a healer and just conflags ppl at low health and then hides behind his healer ? So even if u go 10 - 1 kb/d, but lose the game, and lets say neon was playing the other team and ends with maybe 1 - 4 kb/d but got some clutch fears to save his FC / kill efc.. which of the 2 locks did his job "better" or more "skilled" ??
im at least confused as to how u figure said stats to be deterministic of any showcasing of skill ?

[MENTION=13868]Pixel[/MENTION],
I think you will find many on this website suffer from the Dunning-Krueger effect.
This psychological phenomenon can be summed up, at least in this context, and made a little easier to understand in the quote below.
Perhaps the less we have, the more we are required to brag.

/cheers

Supporting Studies

......If only you knew how to keep your mouth shut.........don't let power fall into the wrong hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread