Is anyone else here seriously excited for PVP in Legion?

I agree that Ghostcrawler's term as Lead Designer saw some of the worst PvP changes the game saw (Pretty much everything was downhill from TBC/Early Wrath), but the new team seem to actually want PvP to become something better than just FotM and ganking, while they tunnel vision their beloved raiding. Scaling was a massive step in the right direction, but there's still the difference between twinks and newbies, and they'd still have to go in and rebalance every time a new set of endgame enchants/enhancements gets added, or as their availability becomes more normal as people gear up to farm for them.

I'm actually wondering if someone at Bliz has been reading my posts, because set stats for each spec is exactly what I wanted to do, balancing and making more specs viable by having a fixed set of gear for each spec in a wargame BG. It's the kind of system that doesn't need a team of developers and very careful consideration. One person could do it part time, provided they had access to enough statistics.

On top of that almost all of the work has already been done. Scaling gives them a way to change stats to be different from the gear people have on, so instead of new numbers raised from what people are wearing, they need only replace them with an average set of numbers for what people are currently using, and then tweak them for balance.

I think this is something they're going to make work. They've lost a lot of subs, and getting the game to a point that people like ESL will use it, will give them the kind of exposure they need in the long term. HotS has potential for that, but it's got direct competition from a far more established DotA and LoL. WoW is enough of a different kind of game that they can (re)fill another slot without any competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we sit in our bedrooms saving our 0.333p per day (lol) just to farm trials... This change will not alter the fact that 90% of the bracket are feeders.

Trust me if bracket somehow became balanced or the gap was closed to the point F2P and 29s were even, some people would stop playing 29s and probably the game. I know multiple 29s and they tell me a lot of them play in the 20-29 bracket to relieve the grinding at endgame and their lack of success at endgame pvp. With the 20-29 bracket utterly useless to them they would probably either reroll or quit. This was interesting -
Dev Interviews - Legion PvP
Holinka talked about Legion and Warlords PvP on the arena steam today.
● Trinkets, set bonuses, and enchants will not be active in PvP.
● Right now players stack enchants, set bonuses, and trinkets, lining them all up at once to do a lot of damage. Outside of when all of those are up, players don't feel like they are doing much damage. This should help to make sustained damage a bigger part of PvP.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny how we all see the same words but read different things.

For me it says "Skill over money."

Maybe it's a trick with the lighting....

no, its the bullshit in your eye moooo
Trust me if bracket somehow became balanced or the gap was closed to the point F2P and 29s were even, some people would stop playing 29s and probably the game. I know multiple 29s and they tell me a lot of them play in the 20-29 bracket to relieve the grinding at endgame and their lack of success at endgame pvp. With the 20-29 bracket utterly useless to them they would probably either reroll or quit. This was interesting -

No, you dont know any 29s that have said that to you. im going to need links and SSs to believe that, sorry.

Nah not really, everything will be the same....same health,same attack power etc ,no individuality to twinking. Just a basic low level bg!!!

This is what gets me. I don't really have a problem with being on an equal footing, but the way you gear kind of defines your playstyle. I've got a versatility set, a haste set, a crit set, a spellpower set, and sets that are mixes of each that I use in different scenarios. It's like losing reforging all over again, but, like, worse.

... might be off topic atm, but it kind of makes you wonder if we'll start seeing people rolling normal/poor items equipped now in bgs with this nerf. like the starter gear you get right off the bat.

... might be off topic atm, but it kind of makes you wonder if we'll start seeing people rolling normal/poor items equipped now in bgs with this nerf. like the starter gear you get right off the bat.

Was thinking the same. my naked blood elf might finally be viable

This will end twinking
Bad for twinking, as we know it, but great for low-level pvp. Sounds like what they're moving toward is a hard break between PvE and PvP, which is exactly what they need to do to have any kind of real PvP balance. Think of PvP as being a completely different game mode, where almost nothing is brought over from PvE. I couldn't be more excited if this actually ends up being the case.

Mock me if you will... With the exception of one expansion, Blizzard has had four "major" patches in each. Which leaves two left in this one.

Cheers
Sweetsidney

nope, this is the last content patch till legion. the only thing that will be added is flying and some timewalking stuff. aka patch 6.2.2

A lot of assumptions have to be made since this is a long way away.

Since conversation about upcoming changes is a large part of why we use these forums, I think we can learn to acknowledge the potential for change for the sake of argument.

If gear is removed ( or reduced) in non-endgame brackets, the only victor is skill. There is no advantage for paying (even if it's only $5! :D By the way, did you know it's only $5? 5.00; Five Dollars. 500 pennies. UPGRADE, LEECHES. LOOK AT ME. GIVE ME ATTENTION), and only PvP for the sake of competition.

I admit that gear collection becomes nearly irrelevant - but when we're collecting rares that give us +1 stats while playing in brackets where someone has +100 stats from a weapon proc (By the way, 100 stats / 500 pennies, that's 1 stat per 5 pennies! PAY MONEY SO I WON'T FEEL EMPTY INSIDE!), the benefit is largely aesthetic to begin with.

A lot of questions still have to be answered, such as what exact effect low level gear does have as far as a percentage ratio over a naked toon. Only time can answer that question.

Mock me if you will... With the exception of one expansion, Blizzard has had four "major" patches in each. Which leaves two left in this one.

Cheers
Sweetsidney

If you saw the blizzard reveal on twitch he clearly said guldan didn't get sent to the twisting nether by Archimonde in Warlords of draenor but he got sent to the vault of the wardens where illidan is. So this basically means 6.2 was the last big patch.

A lot of assumptions have to be made since this is a long way away.

Since conversation about upcoming changes is a large part of why we use these forums, I think we can learn to acknowledge the potential for change for the sake of argument.

If gear is removed ( or reduced) in non-endgame brackets, the only victor is skill. There is no advantage for paying (even if it's only $5! :D By the way, did you know it's only $5? 5.00; Five Dollars. 500 pennies. UPGRADE, LEECHES. LOOK AT ME. GIVE ME ATTENTION), and only PvP for the sake of competition.

I admit that gear collection becomes nearly irrelevant - but when we're collecting rares that give us +1 stats while playing in brackets where someone has +100 stats from a weapon proc (By the way, 100 stats / 500 pennies, that's 1 stat per 5 pennies! PAY MONEY SO I WON'T FEEL EMPTY INSIDE!), the benefit is largely aesthetic to begin with.

A lot of questions still have to be answered, such as what exact effect low level gear does have as far as a percentage ratio over a naked toon. Only time can answer that question.

What are you talking about???? You seem to be angry over something.
You should assume the lotus position and calm yourself. Aum.... Aum....

Sweetsidney

I don't see it trickling down to lowbies. Dual specced gear did not.
And even if it does, all it will do is reward the people that play a singular toon the most. It also rewards people that spend the most time playing the game. Because you have to "purchase" skills with honor. We still have no idea if the skills will have level caps.

I don't see it trickling down to lowbies. Dual specced gear did not.
And even if it does, all it will do is reward the people that play a singular toon the most. It also rewards people that spend the most time playing the game. Because you have to "purchase" skills with honor. We still have no idea if the skills will have level caps.

oh man sometime i wonder wtf you could possibly do in free to play section (even considering vets here, imagen that!). 29 section died out for you? need more blood? heard this guys have some. you should ask

oh man sometime i wonder wtf you could possibly do in free to play section (even considering vets here, imagen that!). 29 section died out for you? need more blood? heard this guys have some. you should ask

What are you talking about?? I don't even play a 29.
What does any of this have to do with speculation about the next xpac?

Sweetsidney

Users who are viewing this thread