iPVP Shockadin @ 119

why is everyone always alliance. alli races are stupid and ugly.
I really only play it because I wanted to play paladins in vanilla and had way too much invested in alliance to ever switch. I think their queue times are much faster in this bracket though, so I'd say everyone is always horde if anything.

had 3 blues last night but no epic
Nice, how many quests do you think you handed in roughly for this? Was it on a 119?

Also, do you have the Legion class hall advancement that increases rare and epic procs from quests? I'm curious as to whether this affects BFA.
[doublepost=1536629084,1536628264][/doublepost]
Can from experience say that rogue, any spec is viable and rly fun, have hit 22k+ in outlaw spec

@raziel83 that weapon upgrade :D

@MyPerfection I got it b4 I factionchanged and when I did that it changed the item as well so cant check where it comes from, but I think it might have been a drop from a rare, not 100% on that tho
I'm having terrible luck with quest procs (0 so far!). I notice you have very good gear. Do you have https://www.wowhead.com/order-advancement=435/lucky-streak in your legion order hall?

Ye doing a 2nd twink I've done 4 / 6 zones (both horde & allie) and I've got 1 epic. Maybe just unlucky though.

I was fortunate it seems- In the horde zones I got 2 305 procs and 1 301 proc. Currently sitting at 297 ilvl and still have alliance ones to go through.

Any 119's get 340 epics from the new warfront? Looks like you can goblin glider to the end boss

Or maybe a warlock summon works too idk how it's done.

I must say, so far my experience in 119 has been absolute trash. The power level compared to my 79s is relatively way less, levelling was a grindy, dull experience without being able to do all quests (which is dull anyway). The quest grind has horrible rng and I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't had a single proc. BGs are generally poor, but what was I expecting solo queuing as a warrior. Sometimes BGs have been fun, but it really depends on the team we face. Overall, 2/10.

i wonder if warmode has anything to do with it. when i leveled my main it was with warmode off and i got tons of upgrades. leveling my warrior with warmode on and have only gotten 3

If that was the case, it would be the other way around. War mode on increases other things by 10%, so blizzard sees having war mode on as more challenging. It’s just rng when it comes to upgrades.

What I can say, is it’s kinda like getting personal loot in raids. Say you need a piece off the last boss, but you just got a personal loot piece from 2nd last. You might want to considering going and doing another raid that PL works in, and doing that till you think your about to have a drop, then stop, go back and kill last boss or whatever boss u needed in first raid, and hope now your PL will proc for boss.

Treat quests the same way. If you feel a rare or epic proc coming, go turn in that quest you want to be upgraded. A lot of rng still but this will make it slightly easier

If that was the case, it would be the other way around. War mode on increases other things by 10%, so blizzard sees having war mode on as more challenging. It’s just rng when it comes to upgrades.

What I can say, is it’s kinda like getting personal loot in raids. Say you need a piece off the last boss, but you just got a personal loot piece from 2nd last. You might want to considering going and doing another raid that PL works in, and doing that till you think your about to have a drop, then stop, go back and kill last boss or whatever boss u needed in first raid, and hope now your PL will proc for boss.

Treat quests the same way. If you feel a rare or epic proc coming, go turn in that quest you want to be upgraded. A lot of rng still but this will make it slightly easier
I think he's on to something honestly. I have done it all in Warmode and no luck whatsoever. It may be a bug.

i wonder if warmode has anything to do with it. when i leveled my main it was with warmode off and i got tons of upgrades. leveling my warrior with warmode on and have only gotten 3
I haven't turned warmode off and have gotten all the procs I've gotten. I've even gotten procs on pieces that I was really hoping they didn't proc (for example, I have epic gloves and belt and the only quest rewards are belt and gloves and I get a measly rare proc... grrr!) And most of this, if not all of it was obtained in the past week.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/Soleî

I haven't turned warmode off and have gotten all the procs I've gotten. I've even gotten procs on pieces that I was really hoping they didn't proc (for example, I have epic gloves and belt and the only quest rewards are belt and gloves and I get a measly rare proc... grrr!) And most of this, if not all of it was obtained in the past week.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/Soleî
Interesting, have you completed each zone then to achieve this?

Interesting, have you completed each zone then to achieve this?
As I've said here:
I was fortunate it seems- In the horde zones I got 2 305 procs and 1 301 proc. Currently sitting at 297 ilvl and still have alliance ones to go through.
All of the horde zones, yes. Planning on transferring to Alliance soon, just making sure I get everything I can before I do.

I must say, so far my experience in 119 has been absolute trash. The power level compared to my 79s is relatively way less, levelling was a grindy, dull experience without being able to do all quests (which is dull anyway). The quest grind has horrible rng and I'm not exaggerating when I say I haven't had a single proc. BGs are generally poor, but what was I expecting solo queuing as a warrior. Sometimes BGs have been fun, but it really depends on the team we face. Overall, 2/10.
grinding levels has always been boring. add in having to run past silver elites and just do quests that give xp is boring AF. just about every bracket has its grind. bgs for me haven’t been any fun under level 15. my 110 wasnt raid geared just pug bg’s pvp stuff so i was already behind. got smashed until i got 2 pieces of azerite gear. im not sure how the scaling works in bg’s but it just feels like you get a number 119 next to your name and thats it. plate tanks have over 100k hp starting around level 17 compared to my 35k i had at 111.

Leveling through pvp on 1 azerite gear was pretty rough. Even being ret, hardly anything ever dies short of me wailing on it for 5 minutes. Healers even longer. But with gear things are much more manageable.

I’d rather this than lower levels though. The lower brackets are worse than they’ve ever been imo... every class is a barrel of gasoline walking around with flame throwers. I’ll wait for classic to come out to go back to those brackets regularly I think.

Leveling through pvp on 1 azerite gear was pretty rough. Even being ret, hardly anything ever dies short of me wailing on it for 5 minutes. Healers even longer. But with gear things are much more manageable.

I’d rather this than lower levels though. The lower brackets are worse than they’ve ever been imo... every class is a barrel of gasoline walking around with flame throwers. I’ll wait for classic to come out to go back to those brackets regularly I think.

Sounds good. Any screenshots to share of some sweet 119 ret scores? Just curious to see what kinda stats you're pulling compared to that hunter that posted.

Sounds good. Any screenshots to share of some sweet 119 ret scores? Just curious to see what kinda stats you're pulling compared to that hunter that posted.
No, just my post on the first page when I was at 292 ilvl. I don’t typically go for scoreboard numbers and only SS if I felt a particular bg was utterly ridiculous... and still I often forget or can’t be bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread