iPVP Shockadin @ 119

The change did very little and was in place before people knew it. I think it was only for wpvp as well.

In ipvp, 119 works really well if you dungeon to 119 and then do all the quest after stopping exp. You have a full set of 119 quest gear and the 300 azerite pieces. Add in that you're at the top of the bracket. Its like any 19/29/etc bracket where you've got all the advantages against levelers. Levels 110-115 are likely using legion leggos, which stop working in ipvp cause they scale to 119. And people often doing leveling builds.

115 has very little going for it so far. You lose a lot of the scaling to gain some stam/primary stat. I think 110/111 are going to be more interesting for wpvp for a while. And 110 has its own bracket for ipvp.

1st rewards of a zone are 281 / 286.
There is a quest which gives a cloak or a belt as a reward for example. The cloak is 281, the belt 286.
Then there are some 290 green rewards.
Some 298 blue ones too.

Epic proc gives +20 ilvl from the 281 / 286 greens.
The 298 one only gives +7.
I guess what I'm wondering is if there's a way to manipulate this in our favor. Apparently quest rewards aren't fixed even baseline, since I got 286 and someone else got 281 on the same pieces.

Some things seem relatively static though- just completed Nazmir and got a 298 weapon along the way, though the one I got from Zuldazar was actually pretty early in the quest chain and it was also 298. Neither proc'd epic though. I know after the first few quests of a zone, the possible directions you can go branches out, but I have no idea how or if that effects the item levels of quests down the other branch.
[doublepost=1536163695,1536159697][/doublepost] Looks like you can get some 295 azerite gear from PvP supply chests and it probably scales with level? Not quite sure. Wowhead says they're 280. But out of 72 BGs this is the only one I've gotten.

PvPChest.png

https://www.wowhead.com/items/name:Dread+aspirant's/min-req-level:110/max-req-level:110/slot:5:1:3

Last edited:
any idea on other classes that would potentially be good to twink at 119?
Can from experience say that rogue, any spec is viable and rly fun, have hit 22k+ in outlaw spec

@raziel83 that weapon upgrade :D

@MyPerfection I got it b4 I factionchanged and when I did that it changed the item as well so cant check where it comes from, but I think it might have been a drop from a rare, not 100% on that tho

So is there any benifit at all to leveling to 119 then begin questing in the zones?
The main thing is you don’t want any rare or epic procs to happen when you’re lower level and you’re almost certainly going to have that happen. Even on a 281 baseline green, an epic proc may be the best you’ll get for that slot. You waste it if you’re lower level.

Also I found leveling my toon as well as my heart of Azeroth through pvp to go pretty quickly. By the time I was 119, my heart was about lvl 12. Looking back, I would have done dungeons for choice pieces of 295 azerite gear so I wasn’t such a burden to my team, but I wasn’t aware of their existence at the time.

Ok so a combination of dungeons and bgs to level 119, then questing from that point on? Sorry I haven't played bfa yet so I'm completely lost

Yeah, dungeons, bgs, and I’ll even just wander around killing mobs, avoiding rare spawns in between queues

Edit- Another thought about the rare spawns: I haven't gotten any above ilvl 273, so they're pretty bad stat-wise, but many of them have interesting procs or abilities. Like I got a ring with 15% increase swim speed. Probably not useful, most of them, but I'll keep them. Maybe someday they will be.

Last edited:
You only start dungeoning from lvl 117. As that's the level that azerite drops go from ilvl 280 to 295.

110-117 just BG and save all boxes until 119. You can get 295 az pvp pieces from boxes. 117-119 dungeon farm for your bis az gear.

on a boosted 110, id want to get a full quest set before starting bgs i assume? it would prolly be worth doing that at least

thanks for the info

on a boosted 110, id want to get a full quest set before starting bgs i assume? it would prolly be worth doing that at least

thanks for the info

If you do any quests at 110 you're just wasting potential bis epic upgrades at 119. Just buy AH gear, only like 200-300 g per piece. I personally actually did enough dungeons at 110 to get 3 x 280 az pieces. Not because it's bis but because it makes for a better BG leveling experience. Of course that might not be realistic with dps queue times.

thanks for the info
Level from 110 to 111 in Legion, Quest still give normal XP before 111. Then only do the Heart Quest, very short and 2 or 3 more for your 1st 280 azerite armor. Fill all other slots with 225 / 233 BoEs from the auction house, super cheap and you are good to go for a start. Then collect treasures in BFA while in a bg queue and you will get the scroll quest from it for your 1st 295 piece.

You guys are awesome

Edit - potentially you could get the 295 gear from bgs to fill in your unlucky quest gear you're missing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread