PTR Interesting....

I hope it’s not the case but, in the event it is, Your tireless campaigning and contribution to the death of twinking outside the level 20 bracket will be remembered.

Agree that something had to be done to balance things, but separation and segregation was never the answer.

Unfortunately blizzard don’t seem to have the brains/motivation to bring in a more creative solution that works for their substantial twinking community.

I think it's pretty safe to say the added group member debuff is meant for partys and not random dungeon finder groups. In other words, rip powerleveling.

Sadly enough no matter what content your doing the xp gets nerfed if theirs somebody with xpoff, dungeon mobs, dungeon bosses, dungeon completion xp, random dungeon finder completion xp, island mobs, island completion literally everything for twinks is going to be ruined by this change ;-;

How does getting from 110-120 thru boosting cause problems for anyone? I agree on the bg's because that directly affects other people and demotivates them and ruins the experience for others, but level boosting (The primary thing this affects) Affects nobody but actually introduce more max level characters into the game to do content such as raiding, mythic +, end game PvP. It actually helped out blizzard a lot due to the fact of the people who HATE leveling will down right refuse to level from 110-120 due to it taking so long and being so boring and now the people who got boosted aren't just going to have 110 alts sitting there for ages but actually have them be part of end game content.

The reason it ended up on wowhead is because myself, and a few others from a boosting/twinking Discord went on PTR to test this out after finding this thread. Found out it also applies to ANY XP source, even end of dungeon one.

So I talked to a few others over on Acherus and a guy over there helped me get the info relayed over to Wowhead.

So yes, I can't post links yet here as I registered to give some info on this. But the news got posted to Wowhead just a short while ago. So hopefully something good comes out of this.

Edit: When we tested this I had 8615/537730xp at the start (myself and 3 others had XP ON - the last guy, a boost DH, had it OFF). After the run was complete (Atal'Dazar) I ended up on 19053/537730xp. That's with the XP bonus from end-of-dungeon is supposed to give ~97k at level 110.

How does getting from 110-120 thru boosting cause problems for anyone? I agree on the bf's because that directly affects other people and demotivates them and ruins the experience for others, but level boosting (The primary thing this affects) Affects nobody but actually introduce more max level characters into the game to do content such as raiding, mythic +, end game PvP. It actually helped out blizzard a lot due to the fact of the people who HATE leveling will down right refuse to level from 110-120 due to it taking so long and being so boring and now the people who got boosted aren't just going to have 110 alts sitting there for ages but actually have them be part of end game content.

Because they do it better than a 120, scaling is a mess and not properly tuned. Which is why twinking is such a mess, specifically in more brackets than others; but why it's become just such a hot topic.

Im gonna venture a guess that we're an xpac away from Blizzard removing the ability to turn off XP altogether.
Eh, if it happens it happens.

Won't kill twinking. Won't kill WoW.

People have said twinking/WoW is dying since it's conception. Stay the course, lads.

The whole point in twinking is to be the best you can be while not being at max level, blizzard has been fine with twinking since classic but now for some reason its bad? Scaling itself works extremely well and blizzard has even said that they love scaling and how it works thats why they applied it to the rest of the world in BFA. Twinking in essence isn't bad its a pretty common thing since the beginning of WoW's life, but its the way people do twinking the thing thats really a mess is PvP twinking and thats why they broke it, But wanting to pay a twink to level you up quicker is just helping the game by bringing new players into max level content, and giving more opportunity for player interactions (Such as the forum we are on) And creating a service that will drive people to buy gold thru WoW tokens and use it to buy 110-120 boosts overall helping blizzard, and making them more money.
[doublepost=1560731587,1560731419][/doublepost]This will pretty much kill twinking, What are the two most common things people do with a twink? PvP (BG's, arena etc.) and PvE (Islands, dungeons etc.) Well they already completely killed twinking in PvP other than lvl 20 by making an entire new starter account, and now with this MASSIVE xp nerf its going to kill dungeon level boosting, island level boosting. What is there left? Running old raids/dungeons for tmog?

The whole point in twinking is to be the best you can be while not being at max level, blizzard has been fine with twinking since classic but now for some reason its bad? Scaling itself works extremely well and blizzard has even said that they love scaling and how it works thats why they applied it to the rest of the world in BFA. Twinking in essence isn't bad its a pretty common thing since the beginning of WoW's life, but its the way people do twinking the thing thats really a mess is PvP twinking and thats why they broke it, But wanting to pay a twink to level you up quicker is just helping the game by bringing new players into max level content, and giving more opportunity for player interactions (Such as the forum we are on) And creating a service that will drive people to buy gold thru WoW tokens and use it to buy 110-120 boosts overall helping blizzard, and making them more money.
[doublepost=1560731587,1560731419][/doublepost]This will pretty much kill twinking, What are the two most common things people do with a twink? PvP (BG's, arena etc.) and PvE (Islands, dungeons etc.) Well they already completely killed twinking in PvP other than lvl 20 by making an entire new starter account, and now with this MASSIVE xp nerf its going to kill dungeon level boosting, island level boosting. What is there left? Running old raids/dungeons for tmog?

If scaling is 'good' then why is it a 110 or 111 is better to boost the SAME dungeon with than a 120? and people boosting others doesn't particularly make Blizzard any money. Twinks, in PvP since you have people there very casually and using it to break up the monotony of questing/dungeons while leveling, should be regulated or moved to their own bracket. If people are really twinks for the challenge, and gearing the most at 1 level without having to worry about later gear.. Then they can do that. But not at the cost of other peoples enjoyment, IE the majorities.

Its because its a TWINK, it makes them money because people will buy WoW tokens to pay for a boost, just like what they do with a 110 boost for 60$. And thats exactly what they did, people with xp off (Twinks) and people with xp on (Normal people) are in two different brackets, but the queues for xp off people never pop because the pvp twinks have basically given up. And people don't only twink for the "Challenge" People such as freehold level boosters/ and island level boosters mainly do it for the gold. and at what cost of anyones enjoyment does some random person you don't know getting from 110-120 thru boosting? lol

If scaling is 'good' then why is it a 110 or 111 is better to boost the SAME dungeon with than a 120? and people boosting others doesn't particularly make Blizzard any money. Twinks, in PvP since you have people there very casually and using it to break up the monotony of questing/dungeons while leveling, should be regulated or moved to their own bracket. If people are really twinks for the challenge, and gearing the most at 1 level without having to worry about later gear.. Then they can do that. But not at the cost of other peoples enjoyment, IE the majorities.

Who said that the gear of the twink is lower than the gear of the 120? You are completely wrong in that. You don't have to simply count who has the higher ilvl brainlessly. It doesn't work like that. It works percentually on the level you are talking about.

A level 110, not even twink, from legion, but from patch 7.3, is better geared than a 120 with 8.2 gear. There is a 0.1 difference in patches which means the first player has gear that is part of a further step in gearing process of his xpac.

Now, 110/111 twinks have not only high endgame legion items, but also early bfa items whose item level is not meant for them. The item level they reach, compared to legion, is 4-5 patches away from the very end of legion.

So no, they are not geared bad compared to a 120. They are geared better. A lot better.

4ddb349345a6377085d8eb6a2ccd9d2d165d31fa2637ed58dc1c4c2bcb12ee46.jpg

well played sir

Users who are viewing this thread