Immortality/ways to cheat death

Iaccidentallytwink, not like there was any there before, but i lost all respect i could ever have for you.

Since I'm probably sure this will be asked, I will start off by saying I'm Agnostic and I put my chips all into either no god or a god that doesn't have anything to do with human affairs.

Anyways here goes the list (YA IM SPR SERIAL)

First

Saying religion is lol is fine by me. That's your opinion on religion and I respect that. Frankly to myself I find religion to be lol. BUT once you start going LOLOLOLOL at religion it gets really old and annoying, and kind of shows either trolling or immaturity. Point is, once you reveal your opinion once, we don't need to hear it again.

Second

Saying someone is wrong for believing in ANYTHING is wrong in itself. I don't care if you believe that cars are God. If that's your belief I respect that.

Third

RESPECT (as if I haven't said it before). No belief is superior to others. There are stupid atheists (UR WRONG AMG WRONG WRONG WRONG LOLOL LOGIC > ALL), stupid christians (SHE'S NOT A CHRISTIANUH!!!!!!!!!!!!1), stupid muslims (ALALALALA BOOOOOM), ETC. But at the same time every belief system (or at least most :p) has very intelligent, openminded, and respectful people.

Druiddroid said:
Since I'm probably sure this will be asked, I will start off by saying I'm Agnostic and I put my chips all into either no god or a god that doesn't have anything to do with human affairs.

First

Saying religion is lol is fine by me. That's your opinion on religion and I respect that. Frankly to myself I find religion to be lol. BUT once you start going LOLOLOLOL at religion it gets really old and annoying, and kind of shows either trolling or immaturity. Point is, once you reveal your opinion once, we don't need to hear it again.

Second

Saying someone is wrong for believing in ANYTHING is wrong in itself. I don't care if you believe that cars are God. If that's your belief I respect that.

Third

RESPECT (as if I haven't said it before). No belief is superior to others. There are stupid atheists (UR WRONG AMG WRONG WRONG WRONG LOLOL LOGIC > ALL), stupid christians (SHE'S NOT A CHRISTIANUH!!!!!!!!!!!!1), stupid muslims (ALALALALA BOOOOOM), ETC. But at the same time every belief system (or at least most :p) has very intelligent, openminded, and respectful people.

1st

Bold is where I spit out my soda.

2nd

Calling someone wrong is also an opinion.

3rd

Believing in a human entity as a god contradicts intelligence itself, I may as well go off debating the existing of a tooth fairy. I can respect people who are agnostic and are doubtful, but someone who believes in anything close to a sentient being controlling or creating everything, I will not refrain from calling them ignorant to logic. The idea in itself is irrational and dangerous to prolonging the existence of the human race. Religion is destructive to the human race. Just because it is widespread does not mean it should be a candidate for respect.

Druiddroid said:

First

Second

Third

Here also, is a steryotype.

Druiddroid said:
stupid muslims (ALALALALA BOOOOOM)

That's kinds profiling there... Not against suicide bombers but saying that they're the only ones to ever do that and not have it mentioned for the other religions is kinda off. Suicide is something that you don't have to practice a religion to take part in. If by now you haven't figured out that I am bored and a little drunk then disregard the preceding statements.

He's voicing his opinion, not profiling, on what stupid muslins are.

Fail diction, I agree, but I know what I mean and if you could read my mind....

iaccidentallytwink said:
1st

3rd

Believing in a human entity as a god contradicts intelligence itself, I may as well go off debating the existing of a tooth fairy. I can respect people who are agnostic and are doubtful, but someone who believes in anything close to a sentient being controlling or creating everything, I will not refrain from calling them ignorant to logic. The idea in itself is irrational and dangerous to prolonging the existence of the human race.

whatever makes you happy is what matters, really

i was raised a christian and have completely ruled it out of my belief system. yet i go to church almost every week and i ENJOY it. it relaxes me, and it just feels good to listen to songs that are so uplifting and relaxing. there's nostolgia involved :p but anyways my point is, it makes me happy, and if actually believing in christianity (or anything else) makes you happy and gives you a sense of purpose, then more power to you.

The idea in itself is irrational and dangerous to prolonging the existence of the human race

religion actually seems to increase life rates amongst humans, i don't see how it will destroy the human race at all if someone goes to church once a week lol

Your saying that all muslims fall under that bracket of terrorists?

Where these innocent people were convinced they would reach paradise by killing themselves for their leader.

ok, so maybe i was using a bad example with the stupid muslims, but point is every group has its stupid people

Fail diction, I agree, but I know what I mean and if you could read my mind....

and this is why i try to respect others' opinions

I used the word prolonging because it only becomes dangerous when it influences life-changing decisions.

My Mom's friend died because she went to see a psychic in Brazil. She was recovering from an operation and decided that she would go their to see a known psychic that was supposedly helping provide a "speedier recovery". She had a heart attack while at the psychic, something regarding the psychic powers being too much.

Needless to see, I laughed at the whole situation. But that is one example of how logically invalid beliefs will cause the demise of the human race.

Another example is wasting several hours at church, when those hours could be used constructively. If you're not mentally strong enough to be able to comprehend your own existence, you've been pulled in by religion too much already, and you're a threat to the human race. I will not respect you.

I was listening to my dad tell us stories about the church club at his old highschool in Montana.

He was telling me how they were probably the happiest group of kids he ever knew.

But about 4 years ago, 6 of the 10 members killed themselves in unicin by sliting their throats and wrists and throwing themselves in the middle of a street.

Very tragic, but my first response was to laugh.

I felt terrible for laughing at that for months...

But i guess in some way, people find justice in ways where people who believe in what you dont are punished.

Druiddroid said:
your mother already gave birth to child(ren), so i doubt that will do anything to stop the growing amounts of humans on the planet, heloooooooooooo

if anything will cause the demise of humans i highly doubt it will be religiously related

Though I suppose I could argue that religion is good for eliminating morons, those morons may be able to take down other people with them.

While I don't know the exact motives of the 9/11 attack, I fear they may have been religious. I think that the planes that landed in Manhattan killed athiests and agnostics, while taking with them religious morons as well.

And I don't understand what you're arguing with that reply, a pregnant women dying from something religion related could either kill a baby that would grow up to be religious and threatening to society or otherwise be smart and think logically, that depends on the society around which it is born. Therefore, she could have been a threat to the continuation of society.

Twinkzruz said:
I was listening to my dad tell us stories about the church club at his old highschool in Montana.

He was telling me how they were probably the happiest group of kids he ever knew.

But about 4 years ago, 6 of the 10 members killed themselves in unicin by sliting their throats and wrists and throwing themselves in the middle of a street.

Very tragic, but my first response was to laugh.

I felt terrible for laughing at that for months...

But i guess in some way, people find justice in ways where people who believe in what you dont are punished.

It's not justice. I feel bad for christian children. Society is a heavy influence on kids.

Religion was established for people to begin to understand the earth. I must admit, when we were still cavemen, religion was a necessary "folk tale", but it's wore off, we're no longer in BC, we have technology and brains that can reason.

Another example is wasting several hours at church, when those hours could be used constructively. If you're not mentally strong enough to be able to comprehend your own existence, you've been pulled in by religion too much already, and you're a threat to the human race. I will not respect you.

in that case, i won't respect you because you have already wasted plenty of hours playing WoW that could've been spent constructively

religion/belief systems give humans a sense of purpose...i see it as an evolutionary sort of characteristic, like if people didn't believe in anything they would just go ahead and kill themselves because of their shitty lives...but instead they keep on fighting

also if anything is going to end the human race i think it's not very likely going to be religion.

point is, people don't waste enogh time on religion for it to be an issue to the existance of the human race. people waste their time on all sorts of things, i myself waste my time almost all the time despite not really having a religion

Users who are viewing this thread