ilvl 155 gear?

Screenshot 2023-08-14 232236.jpg

Not trying to blow up the guys spot, but this is live armory.

Love to get a slice of that, even if it’s just to boost my other account in dungeons without having to enable legacy mode. Interesting how he didn’t have gloves , can we read into that, perhaps gloves do t drop from a particular source?

A few facts for anyone (like mysefl) thinking about how this would even be accomplished.

- Every single one of these pieces of 155 gear are from Shadowlands dungeons
- item level 155 is what you would get if you were level 50 (previous minimum level to enter these dungeons before SL was added to Chromie time)
- Outside of Chromie time, Shadowlands dungeons have a level requirement (50-60). Meaning, if you queue for a SL dungeon while 29 and in Chromie time, then revert to current timeline before entering the dungeon, it wont let you enter because it says you are too low level. Or if you just try to walk into the dungeon portal when not in Chromie Time, it says the same thing.

IF this is in fact real, I imagine it has something to do with figuring out how to get a level 29 character (or 10/11, etc) into a SL dungeon when not in Chromie time, causing the gear to only scale down to level 50 item levels (155), but some how still dropping with the lowerer level requirement due to the gear technically still being eligible to scale down when in Chromie time.

Thats my best guess.

Get a 29 into a SL dungeon while not in Chromie time. Kill boss, get loot.

I recall a while ago someone figuring out how to get into legacy raids while still in Chromie time to see if the drops matched the busted tool tips in the dungeon journal. They were able to get in, and even kill a boss, but the items were normal, and not much else was tested.

I dont remember the exact method, but it was some party sync/leave group/rejoin, etc. Some form of party manipulation to get into the SL Instance while still outside of CT.

If that does not work, then I have no further ideas.

Last edited:
You can get inside Shadowlands dungeon on normal timeline by first party syncing with someone on shadowlands timeline, and then once inside the dungeon the SL timeline character leaves party, leaving you in current timeline. IIRC the mobs hit for a lot harder. I didn't try to kill any bosses as I was just after the ooze trinket at the time. Not sure if this has anything to do with the exploit, but just pointing out how you can get inside SL dungeons in normal timeline.

I don't trust no armory on that. Getting into normal timeline SL dungeons seems reasonable to pull off, but ilvl 155 dropping with lower level req is really sketch. Probably a visual bug like Conzil's screenshot. When has the armory ever worked properly?

Another bug I noticed was meeting two players of high level in a 20-29 bg. They were both scaled down (3.7k hp), but they were high level.
1692132245812.png
1692132355816.png

Another bug I noticed was meeting two players of high level in a 20-29 bg. They were both scaled down (3.7k hp), but they were high level.View attachment 23357View attachment 23358
Thats not a bug. this was introduced in the game a while back. a way for higher levels to still queue dungeons and bgs with friends. they lose access to all talent points past lvl of bg. usually you are way worse off at whatever lvl you are joining than at current twink lvls.

I think I figured it out .. I used three accounts:
1) Account on SL timeline
2) F2P account - regular timeline
3) Level 50+ Subbed account - regular timeline

First off form a group with all three accounts and have account #1 start party sync. Enter dungeon with accounts #2 and #3. When the boss is at low HP have account #1 leave party to end party sync. Finish off the boss with account #3. Next leave the party and quickly reform group (as to not get teleport timer). Now have account #1 activate party sync again. Run back and loot boss. Profit. $$$

Screenshot 2023-08-15 124406.png

EDIT: This could help even the score for F2Ps since we can get them too ;)

Imagine speed tertiary procs on those items... You could have your character run faster than a 100% mount without a mount... Especially on lower levels outside bgs like 10 or 20.

Users who are viewing this thread