If its too premature to discuss specs - can we discuss gem/stat priorities?

Idk i don't feel like I need talasites on most of my healers, like my disc rarely ever dies to anything even other twinks. Then again that might just be disc being strong. I do use stamina trinkets though on most of my heals and m druid coul probablydo with some steadies.

Idk i don't feel like I need talasites on most of my healers, like my disc rarely ever dies to anything even other twinks. Then again that might just be disc being strong. I do use stamina trinkets though on most of my heals and m druid coul probablydo with some steadies.

If I felt like I was being really "out healed" by anybody stacking +2+2s I would not use talasites, but really its just about the same and I have more HP and Armor (I have to eat a little more often). If you need the +int edge to keep the numbers up, I would go with +2+2 then, makes sense.

also tbf my disc has the ilvl 49 weapons which have a lot of stam on them to begin with.

TEXT WALL:
[...Mistweaver stuff...]

i used to play mistweaver in Legion & BfA (both F2P & vet). the completely different style of the healing mechanic (from other healers) fooled a lot of people into thinking haste was useless. it was in fact one of the most important secondaries contributing to a mistweaver's wind-ups & target swaps.

i feel like SL has made no-haste sets for mistweaver more viable due to larger build variety available through access to more gear, but i still prefer haste for damn near every spec (tank, healer or dps).

i used to play mistweaver in Legion & BfA (both F2P & vet). the completely different style of the healing mechanic (from other healers) fooled a lot of people into thinking haste was useless. it was in fact one of the most important secondaries contributing to a mistweaver's wind-ups & target swaps.

Fun fact you can have 56% haste if you go all out with gems/correct greens, also fun fact, because of chain stuns and facing other "real twinks" you can die in 2 seconds to any dps that is not a monkey.... because 3k hp does not stop dps that can press buttons in sequential order. Which is also why I just don't believe people when they say +2+2s are enough or I believe that they are facing less "twinks" than they think and are just hammering on leveling trash. But, who knows, everybody on the forums is always right.

Fun fact you can have 56% haste if you go all out with gems/correct greens, also fun fact, because of chain stuns and facing other "real twinks" you can die in 2 seconds to any dps that is not a monkey...

you don't have to go all out though, there is a happy medium where you get your haste breakpoints from gear itself & still stack enough/all talasites to be tanky.
the part you quoted was referencing Legion & BfA anyway.

you don't have to go all out though, there is a happy medium where you get your haste breakpoints from gear itself & still stack enough/all talasites to be tanky.
the part you quoted was referencing Legion & BfA anyway.

I like about 20% haste in BGs... unfortunately Mastery is probably just 100% better than haste because the instant heal is not a joke and is free, but your gear does suffer (obviously that was just not an option in BFA/Legion)

I love bullshit talk so...

Right now just based on trying to live, if I had the ideal MW build to survive other "real twinks" (twinks is a loose term right now).

Head - BC 3 talasites
Neck - talisman of the breaker (mastery enchant)
Shoulder - BC 2 talasites
Cloak - i28 Green Haste/Mastery/Speed - 1 talasite (stats enchant)
Chest - BC 3 talasites (stats enchant)
Wrist - -i28 Haste/Mastery/Speed - 1 talasite (stam enchant)
Gloves - BC 2 talasites (mastery enchant)
Belt - i28 Green Haste/Mastery/Speed = 1 talasite
Legs - BC 3 Talasites
Boots - i28 Green Haste/Mastery/Speed - 1 talasite (Stam/speed % enchant)
Ring - i28 Green Haste/Mastery/Speed - 1 talasite (mastery enchant)
Ring - i28 Green Haste/Mastery/Speed - 1 talasite (mastery enchant)
Trinket - PVP
Trinket - Price of Progress

I'd feel confident to be able to deal with most situations with that. Glass cannon is cool, but it won't hold up the more twinks start to show up after they are done with current SL content.

But again, its all just opinion.

Last edited:
Does price of progress proc at all for you jade? my old 39 priest selen/dentarg had one pre swuish and it no longer procs for me at all. I need to get an updated one since my old one is like lvl 17 instead of 20.

Also andre I agree with you on the haste but only really for casters with the only real exception being arcane because blast reduces its cast time per arcane stack. My 20 prot goes mastery haste as well to reduce the cd on abilities though. I might try vers instead of the haste just to see how it goes at some point but there is a surprisingly small amount of vers/mastery gear available from quests/dungeons/rares and I dont feel like farming out lvl 28 vers/mastery green drops.

Does price of progress proc at all for you jade? my old 39 priest selen/dentarg had one pre swuish and it no longer procs for me at all. I need to get an updated one since my old one is like lvl 17 instead of 20.

Also andre I agree with you on the haste but only really for casters with the only real exception being arcane because blast reduces its cast time per arcane stack. My 20 prot goes mastery haste as well to reduce the cd on abilities though. I might try vers instead of the haste just to see how it goes at some point but there is a surprisingly small amount of vers/mastery gear available from quests/dungeons/rares and I dont feel like farming out lvl 28 vers/mastery green drops.

Yes it does. The mace from Mara does not sadly.

I've noticed some things only proc when you are actively in combat. It's possible yours still does.

Thanks ill have to test it out again while in combat later, the mace didnt proc back in legion either.

Users who are viewing this thread