Idiots guide to gearing your BfA locked 50

hey. I twinked my char a bit, he has ilvl 110 now, leveled from scratch. I got 5 accounts, if I buy shadowlands on my main acc, get the covenant stuff, I can transfer it to another account then and keep it, right? Or will all my accounts I have right now be upgraded to shadowlands?

hey. I twinked my char a bit, he has ilvl 110 now, leveled from scratch. I got 5 accounts, if I buy shadowlands on my main acc, get the covenant stuff, I can transfer it to another account then and keep it, right? Or will all my accounts I have right now be upgraded to shadowlands?
Only the one account you purchase it for will have SL. And yes, as of now covenant abilities stay when you transfer back to a BFA account.

x7Wel4U.png

Alliance has had more quests, more mounts, advantage in AV placement, immunity quest items, racial vanish/pvp trink, etc. forever. I'll accept anything the alliance can't have haha

Aaaaaannnndddd Blizz stealth nerfed it. Now requires 49 and below.

What ilevel gear does it take to complete 2,3,4,5 mask horrific visions, assuming you have most of the titan research and 80% sanity loss reduction cloak?

What ilevel gear does it take to complete 2,3,4,5 mask horrific visions, assuming you have most of the titan research and 80% sanity loss reduction cloak?
If you have most of that and about 100-110ilvl you can do 1-3 mask easy. Get an addon to see the potion color code(Handynotes BattleforAzeroth).

Half of it is mechanics, since you have a 400% sanity taken damage modifier, and 50% total sanity modifier, when in 5 mask. But damage is definitely needed. If your a ramping/dot class you might have a harder time in the 4-5 mask due to mob/boss hp.

Are you on NA or EU?

Thnx for the info. I'm NA. Feral druid about 104 ilevel. Almost exclusively pvp, not much of a pveer. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than raid, but since I can do these solo thought id have a go to try and get some 115 items at least. I can do 1 mask np, tried 2 one time, finished one zone, screwed up and died, but it was not going well, hp dipping too low on some of the trash packs, which I don't seem to get down fast enough. Feral has notoriously poor aoe. Bosses and single fights are no problem. I'll try 2 again when I get gift of the titans. This toon does great in battlegrounds, esp 1v1, just trying to improve gear for the times I encounter 115+ geared players. You think sw or org is easier? Thnx

how is your azerite neck looking?
https://www.wowhead.com/azerite-essence-power/essence-of-the-focusing-iris-19 this is one of the best azerite essences for visions. every week some of the horde in my community try to do a couple mythic dungeons to get people the essence if someone needs.

imo stormwind is easier. its mechanically harder, but easier on dps requirements..

i prefer org because i can stealth past alot of the mobs in rexxar area and in the front. for me, its rush to rexxar, if i killed him, gg i am 99% likely to succeed in the rest of the vision. this is from high ilvl balance druid PoV

how is your azerite neck looking?
https://www.wowhead.com/azerite-essence-power/essence-of-the-focusing-iris-19 this is one of the best azerite essences for visions. every week some of the horde in my community try to do a couple mythic dungeons to get people the essence if someone needs.

With that essence you can pull whole rooms then click it to aoe them all down, ezpz. Even at rank 1 in a 5 mask.
We're always tryin to get mythic groups when there's enough people on, you'd be more than welcome to join @Puff . Hit up Uhno or myself in game, we no life the game most days. You can basically faceroll mythic-0, so no worries about anything. I also offer 3 mask carries for now, till I quit suckin at carryin and can handle 4-5 with another.

Neck is 139, with an empty essence slot. Been wondering when I would ever get another one. I only get duplicates, and essences for other specs. Looks like i won't be able to fill the empty slot until I can buy iris from mother.
I found org easier except for rexxar, and possibly thrall with the 2 adds. So i guess its a tossup. Again, I'm much better off single target.
Very interesting that you can stealth to rexxar, i tried and got busted every time.
Balance is probably better for this sort of thing, but I'm feral 4 life. I remember when I used to do rated bg's, got stuck just under 1700 because I could no longer get in a group as feral, they all wanted balance. "Boomy?" "No feral" declined.
Thnx again 4 your insight.

Neck is 139, with an empty essence slot. Been wondering when I would ever get another one. I only get duplicates, and essences for other specs. Looks like i won't be able to fill the empty slot until I can buy iris from mother.
I found org easier except for rexxar, and possibly thrall with the 2 adds. So i guess its a tossup. Again, I'm much better off single target.
Very interesting that you can stealth to rexxar, i tried and got busted every time.
Balance is probably better for this sort of thing, but I'm feral 4 life. I remember when I used to do rated bg's, got stuck just under 1700 because I could no longer get in a group as feral, they all wanted balance. "Boomy?" "No feral" declined.
Thnx again 4 your insight.
Yeah I kill the bear, then stealth straight. Jump across the water to where the flying bugs are. This lets you skip 3 big bug packs.
Check out the handynotes addon for chest and beacon spawn points, so you can get as much mementos as you can for upgrades.
Having 4 essences slotted in your neck is big for visions.
also make sure you have https://www.wowhead.com/item=174351/kbab to eat on cooldown, and https://www.wowhead.com/item=174349/ghastly-goulash buff on
Are you in the in-game community? Search BFA 50s PvP if not.

With that essence you can pull whole rooms then click it to aoe them all down, ezpz. Even at rank 1 in a 5 mask.
We're always tryin to get mythic groups when there's enough people on, you'd be more than welcome to join @Puff . Hit up Uhno or myself in game, we no life the game most days. You can basically faceroll mythic-0, so no worries about anything. I also offer 3 mask carries for now, till I quit suckin at carryin and can handle 4-5 with another.
I some how overlooked this post yesterday. Iris sounds like exactly what i need. I did a 1 mask sw last nite and was then able to buy gift of titans, will try a 2 mask again. Im generally only on for 2-3 hrs a nite 9-12 pst. Will check out the community. Thnx

Question of opinion (PvE content): For a Player who doesn't give a shit about SL (at this time) and has a BUNCH of Toons in the 40's from old Legion max Level, would it be better (read, easier) to just Twink them at 50 or maybe push them to try a 59 Twink? Obviously a 59 or 60 would be superior for old world PvE content but from what I'm reading, 50's are quite OP with a little SL Gear.

I mean I have a 50 with full SL Greens that can already solo Mythic Legion Dungeons that don't require more than 1 Player due to Mechanics. This is without the Legendary Cloak, HoA, Azerite anything, etc. 50's can fully level SL Professions except the Legendary Craftables, have access to SL Zones if they want to play around, etc. Seems to me 50 is a good stopping point if you just can't be bothered with SL End Game stuff. This is until I find out that 60 only stuff will somehow benefit my low Level Twinks of course.

Question of opinion (PvE content): For a Player who doesn't give a shit about SL (at this time) and has a BUNCH of Toons in the 40's from old Legion max Level, would it be better (read, easier) to just Twink them at 50 or maybe push them to try a 59 Twink? Obviously a 59 or 60 would be superior for old world PvE content but from what I'm reading, 50's are quite OP with a little SL Gear.

I mean I have a 50 with full SL Greens that can already solo Mythic Legion Dungeons that don't require more than 1 Player due to Mechanics. This is without the Legendary Cloak, HoA, Azerite anything, etc. 50's can fully level SL Professions except the Legendary Craftables, have access to SL Zones if they want to play around, etc. Seems to me 50 is a good stopping point if you just can't be bothered with SL End Game stuff. This is until I find out that 60 only stuff will somehow benefit my low Level Twinks of course.
It’s probably best to stay 50 for pve. You’ll get the best scaling for your stats in SL dungeons, and still have access to bfa 10-50 normal dungeons and heroic dungeons group finders.

you would go 59 for farming rep from world quests to buy the items from maldraxxus and revendreth zone factions. Pretty much just a power choice, as you’ll give up being able to queue(carry) bfa dungeons

the legendary cloak 180 main stat proc is huge, and will work in SL content for 50. Pretty sure it doesn’t work above 51

Last edited:
Don't call it outdated, that's not right. This guide is really good and describes a feasible, safe way to get a good playable level 50 character. With itemlevel 115 you are a great part of the battleground.
The other or "new" way means doing a world quest for at least 90 days every day without a break. With some covenants like in the Ardenwald it takes longer. There are often only 2 or 3 quests a day. That makes about 250 or 375 reputation, that's not a lot.
It's also boring because the world quests don't change. Each area only has 5 or 6 alternating quests for level 50. Repeatedly dropping packages from air or killing 15 mobs every day for months is not the right thing for everyone.
And in the end ... it takes time. If there are a total of 12 to 14 world quests per day that take 7 to 10 minutes with arrival and departure, you need a good 2 hours for everything. Not so good for someone with a long day at work, who might prefer to play some battlegrounds with friends in the evening ... my friends are grumbling, because I can't take part, because I'm on a Shadoland account.
For many people, 2 hours in the evening is the maximum they can take away from the family after a long day for playing WoW.
There are still a few points in favor of the "old" way, so please do not call it outdated ... ;-)

Last edited:
Don't call it outdated, that's not right. This guide is really good and describes a feasible, safe way to get a good playable level 50 character. With itemlevel 115 you are a great part of the battleground.
The other or "new" way means doing a world quest for at least 90 days every day without a break. With some covenants like in the Ardenwald it takes longer. There are often only 2 or 3 quests a day. That makes about 250 or 375 reputation, that's not a lot.
It's also boring because the world quests don't change. Each area only has 5 or 6 alternating quests for level 50. Repeatedly dropping packages from air or killing 15 mobs every day for months is not the right thing for everyone.
And in the end ... it takes time. If there are a total of 12 to 14 world quests per day that take 7 to 10 minutes with arrival and departure, you need a good 2 hours for everything. Not so good for someone with a long day at work, who might prefer to play some battlegrounds with friends in the evening ... my friends are grumbling, because I can't take part, because I'm on a Shadoland account.
For many people, 2 hours in the evening is the maximum they can take away from the family after a long day for playing WoW.
There are still a few points in favor of the "old" way, so please do not call it outdated ... ;-)

I don't want to lead people astray, thinking this is the best way to best gear for the bracket. The time investment is equal, if not more (for a fresh 50), but the end result has a shelf life that will expire long before the "pay to win" option will. Covenant abilities/rep gear is OP in the right hands, there is no denying that.

Is this Guide still valid?!

If any active 50's wants to add me on discord to discuss some stuff for a 50's noob that would be awesome :)

Søcks#7096

There is a source you didn't mention, if anyone is still interested.

In horrific visions, you can get level 115 azerite part (upgradeable to 120).
I got some for each part, so it's confirmed.

But I don't know if it's possible to get 125. Because the 115 that I had, falls each time in the same pattern, when I get to the 115 part of the week.

In other words, I work like this:
1st vision with 5 masks = 125
2nd vision with 4 masks = 120
3rd vision with 4 masks = 115 -> possibility of azerite.

Horrific visions of N'Zoth:
Here's a useful guide: Horrific Vision Strategies - Extra Zones, Faceless Masks, Consumables, Tips. Every week you will have a chance to get a piece of 125 ilvl gear as a reward chest, at the end of the vision, for every 5 mask run. (Rewards seem to proc Bracer, Legs, Belt, Hands, no weapon/offhand, for me at least azerite pieces do drop but seem to be more rare) If you do another 5 mask vision the same week the ilvl will deteriorate (ilvl125->ilvl 120->ilvl 80).

Along with the gear reward you will get a nice handful of corrupted mementos that you can use to buy Gouged Eye of N'Zoth for putting sockets in your gear. I've found the most efficient way for me to farm mementos is 4 masks that will get you about 5000 per run every 20-25 min. Also, if you're thinking end game, you may want to stockpile these for M Ny'alota raid gear. Hot Take: the horrific visions will be headed the same direction as the mage tower from legion, might be in your best interest to take advantage while there's time.

If you're on alliance US just search for "50s pvp"

Users who are viewing this thread