I don’t understand…

That depends.

Wowhead is a fantastic resource, but you kinda have to just *know* how to read its drop rates/sources.

Some things are world drop BOEs (the legion epics youre farming) and so have a standard, random chance to drop from any mob in that expansion. Looking at wowhead for drop rates and what mobs drop those is... not gonna be accurate.

Other items drop off a specific mob only, and therefore you can generally trust that source but maybe not the drop rate. Keep in mind, a rare mob may only drop its blue loot once per character and may drop it 100% of the time on the first kill, but if a character kills that mob more than once, or isnt the right class/spec for the item to drop well... that skews the drop rate.

Generally speaking, mobs that are the object of certain quests can hyperspawn, so compact and easily navigable areas of high quest mob density have been sought out and established.

https://xpoff.com/threads/world-drop-farming-compendium-ilvl-28-boes.95489/
https://xpoff.com/threads/ultimate-boe-twink-item-farming-guide-legion-bfa.97468/
https://xpoff.com/threads/level-20-shadowlands-twink-boe-farmers-guide-compendium.97763/

Take your pick.

Thank you,

Do the Lvl 20 Farms Apply to Lvl 10 as well?

Worth noting that the BoE epic drop rate may vary expansion to expansion.

Zazzy had a decent sample size (45k kills = 15 epics), which indicates 1/3000 for Classic. While it's still subject to outlier probabilities, that's a pretty solid amount of data.

Anecdotally for ilvl 28 legion farm, I probably killed between 150k to 200k mobs during my time farming greens, and saw maybe 5 epics total drop. Which seems like a different droprate than what Zazzy has seen in Classic.

My main focus is Lvl 10 Twinking. I’ve recently started trying to farm Legion BoE’s and haven’t had any luck. It was brought to my attention I shouldn’t trust Wowhead when it comes to drop rates. With that being the case,

Should I trust wowhead with regard to what mobs drop the item I’m trying to farm?

How do you guys determine the best area/mob to farm for a specific item?

I haven’t been able to find any guides on where to farm items yet. I only see guides for what to farm.
I get between 2 - 4 Epics a day while farming Legion, usually in a 2x4. Smaller groups offer smaller rewards. In my experience Azuna yields more than HM, but in all likelyhood the chances are identical.

Join the group. We'll get you geared; & hopefully you'll want to stick around & farm more with us on differnt level toons as well as your 10. More loot drops for you means more loot for twinks everywhere!

Has anyone looked at the DF Talent Tree system for Level 10? I’m already considering going 19 instead of 10 because for almost every class you lose a major ability with your current 10 because the spec tree starts at 11. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Has anyone looked at the DF Talent Tree system for Level 10? I’m already considering going 19 instead of 10 because for almost every class you lose a major ability with your current 10 because the spec tree starts at 11. What’s everyone’s thoughts?
Why don't you just go 20 and be normal? :D

Why don't you just go 20 and be normal? :D

I don’t plan to let my account expire and I don’t want to pay for a second account to transfer characters to just to run BG’s lol otherwise I would. I also like traditional twink levels on the off chance they ever bring back xp on and off together. 10, 14, 19, and 29 are my history of twinking all the way to original WOTLK days. I definitely enjoy the idea of twinking at 20 but I don’t want to spend $60 to transfer a few twinks to a veteran F2P and you won’t catch me ever grinding it all on a legit F2P account I have a kid to raise… I don’t have that amount of time.

Users who are viewing this thread