Hunter Scopes - BFA preference

Ok, so I've done some testing, really only on BM, but I think I am able to make some assumptions based on what I've seen. Yeah, so I'm a nerd, but check out the chart below for BM abilities :-

upload_2018-8-17_18-49-0.png

Basically, Flintlocke's gives you a better Kill Command, but Gnomish gives you better ranged abilities.

PvE was tested on the scaled dummy at the class hall

upload_2018-8-17_18-51-29.png

After quite a few bg's testing the Hellfury, Gnomish and Flintlocke's, I'd say Flintlocke's may be the better option. I'm too lazy to switch weapons, but I'd say that would be the best outcome. On average, this is what I found in iPvP :-

Flintlocke's approx 140 dps
Hellfury approx 130 dps
Gnomish approx 120 - 130 dps

Sorry I haven't tested Marks, but hope this helps ;)

Ok, so I've done some testing, really only on BM, but I think I am able to make some assumptions based on what I've seen. Yeah, so I'm a nerd, but check out the chart below for BM abilities :-

Basically, Flintlocke's gives you a better Kill Command, but Gnomish gives you better ranged abilities.

PvE was tested on the scaled dummy at the class hall

View attachment 8520
After quite a few bg's testing the Hellfury, Gnomish and Flintlocke's, I'd say Flintlocke's may be the better option. I'm too lazy to switch weapons, but I'd say that would be the best outcome. On average, this is what I found in iPvP :-

Flintlocke's approx 140 dps
Hellfury approx 130 dps
Gnomish approx 120 - 130 dps

Sorry I haven't tested Marks, but hope this helps ;)

Lots of good info. For marksman, where theres no pet-based abilities (and sometimes no pet) - gnomish probably is better damage wise. So its just the proc rate that needs to be determined to see if its worth using over flintlockes.

As I said gnomish is better for marks and probably as good if not better for BM as well

https://www.wowhead.com/item=158203/incendiary-ammunition comes down to dealing around 15-20% of all your damage if you consider a dungeon run as a measurement. Seem to share proc with rest of them - around once per minute.
Seen a proc after 3 seconds of switching
That’s quite a bit of damage. Were u switching between weapons to get that sort of damage? Or just the one weapon does that sort of damage? How would u rate that vs Flint’s or Gnomish?

That’s quite a bit of damage. Were u switching between weapons to get that sort of damage? Or just the one weapon does that sort of damage? How would u rate that vs Flint’s or Gnomish?

I was trying to determine if Incendiary Ammunition had any internal cooldown timer once equipped before it would start proc. Seems not and i am overthinking it. Didn't use any other scope during the run so all those 15-20% of total damage are from it alone. Satyr comes with around 7% total damage, same with critter damage from flits proc (as comparison).

I do not know damage equation Incendiary Ammunition uses to calculate damage.
Neither of xray nor flint proc seems to increase the damage of Incendiary Ammunition (379 fire damage).
The Incendiary Ammunition does crit (759 fire damage) so you could go other way around and fish for crit proc to fit in an
Incendiary Ammunition proc. Mirror scope (6% crit buff) procs rather often. Had 4 procs back to back. Megawatt Filament (9% crit proc) procs less often.

After Incendiary Ammunition procs you usually have 10-20 sec of downtime to swap.
None of the scopes seem to proc from dots. only from the actual hits.
Using Incendiary Ammunition with i24 gun on average does 4% more dps per dungeon over i31 pre expac bow.

It is a hella min maxing to swap weapons for 3-4 second buff window.
Considering how hard it is for most people to get flint it is safe to say Incendiary Ammunition is a set and forget thing on average at this point.

Would rank them: Incendiary Ammunition, Flint, Mirror scope, Xray and everything else.
Just a personal opinion.

edit: names. blindgoose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread