How to spot someone that either afk out of losses and/or GY farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glancealot

Legend
both actions are frowned upon.

first look at his WSG Honor kill. (under Achievements->Statistics->Kills->Honorable Kills->Warsong Gulch Honorable Kills)

like this Statistics

or simply replace the word "simple" or "advanced" in his armory address by

Code:
statistic#128:136

then look at his WSG played. (under Achievements->Statistics->Player vs. Player->Battlegrounds->Warsong Gulch battles)

like this Statistics

or simply replace the word "simple" or "advanced" in his armory address by

Code:
statistic#21:153

divide the amount of WSG honorable kills by the number of WSG games played.

if the result is larger than 45, then some AFK/gy farm is done. the higher the number is, the more that player does those.

Bonus: people who afk out of losses show their true color when you do this.

i ran into this twinkinfo paladin who shall remain anonymous today, first game alliance dominated, everything went as usual, no GY farming, 3-0 with like 3 min left. second game, horde capped first despite the game being close(alliance had a 24 moonkin topping the chart and the game was pretty even), and bam! he afk'd out.

so i immediately checked out his WSG kill ratio, it is 96, which is HUGE!

no wonder he "wins" 90% of his WSG's.

Last edited by a moderator:
two words.... Dumb

this method is perfect for exposing those who frequently afk out of losses and/or gy farm

so yes, those people would call this method dumb.

not saying that you are one of them.

images

only those who frequently afk out of losses and/or gy farm would call this method dumb. because this method is perfect for exposing those people.

If they think it shows that they are skilled players, then let them be. Their opinion. You need to remember that people thrive for different things.

But wait.... Wasn't this the original formula for how to measure skill? :rolleyes:

not exactly. but this number is correlated to one's skill level.

you don't see gladiators/duelists farming graveyard and/or afk out of losses in the 20-24 bracket.

Nobody really gives a fuck.
two words.... Dumb

Brb, making up useless 'statistics' and 'information'. Maybe I can be an MVP too?

CORRELATlON DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATION

oh yeah, btw, correlation does not imply causation

OP is an idiot. This is an at thread, in this case the rogue. No one cares, as mentioned. No one GY farms anymore. Games only last 20 mins. There's too much resilience and too many heals. There's no huntards.

As for AFKing out of losses, many people do it. They often say goodbye before they do. I don't think anyone is pretending they don't. I was in a game recently where everyone, the ENTIRE team, AFKed out in the first few minutes. We destroyed them in mid, and it was a race to 3 cap before the time ran out. Druids, sprints and some people ended up with expedience achievement.

hrm...did i mention the word causation?

are you saying that all necessary conditions are also causations? ;)

divide the amount of WSG honorable kills by the number of WSG games played.

if the result is larger than 45, then some AFK/gy farm is done. the higher the number is, the more that player does those.

Bonus: people who afk out of losses show their true color when you do this.

i ran into this twinkinfo paladin who shall remain anonymous today, first game alliance dominated, everything went as usual, no GY farming, 3-0 with like 3 min left. second game, horde capped first despite the game being close(alliance had a 24 moonkin topping the chart and the game was pretty even), and bam! he afk'd out.

so i immediately checked out his WSG kill ratio, it is 96, which is HUGE!

no wonder he "wins" 90% of his WSG's.
CORRELATlON DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATlON

AFKed out in the first few minutes.

occasional dc/afk out/etc won't change your average WSG kill ratio by much. especially if you do it at the beginning of the game.

when you have an abnormally large wsg kill ratio, it means you do it consistently.

the key is: people don't afk out of winning games on a consistent basis.

CORRELATlON DOES NOT IMPLY CAUSATlON

repeating something you learn in a freshman intro course in college doesn't make you look smart...

i have a feeling that you don't understand that phrase.

Actually, the moral is that statistics are meaningless when they can so easily be manipulated by AFKing out without any record of it.

i just logged on and nobody was there so i logged off >_>

I'll probably be on later tonight, going to see a movie now. I want to finish up my monthly dungeons - lets do one together!

We're considering joining another guild so there are constantly people on.. as it is its basically myself, açai, and a random other person typically on. But yes, we should play together! And check out my spvp build here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread