How many of you will Boycott Blizz

A few things I want to point out to further explain my position and to distance myself from Merlin because I dont mind giving lessons on xpoff. And to understand what is happening you also need to know why it is happening. To just blindly scream democracy and post Winnie pictures will get you nowhere.

1. Hong kong has a habit of crying wolf and then shooting themselves in the foot. They famously lost out on democracy 5 years ago just like that.

2. The protests are without leadership. This means either they take their marching orders from behind the scenes from an unknown actor, foreign or domestic. Or it cant go anywhere because they cant negoiate and there is nobody to say this is what we get and what not. Instead it creates a feedback loop of insane unrealistic goals that will never be achieved. The latter scenario is more likely and the protests will go on until the protesters get bored and go home or China either shoots the place up or starves them out.

3. China is nationalist whilst Hong Kong is liberal. Its the reason Macao is doing just dandy under 2 systems 1 country and Hong Kong keeps clashing.

3.5 Locke was wrong and Lipset has a poor track record in Asia., liberalism never wins over nationalism or realism and China isnt going democratic.

4. China is a state. States want to survive and states want to dominate their region. China has a rich history and they tend to think long term.

4.5 Some ask why China doesnt just kick back let the Americans do all the wars, jump in to the quagmires while they get rich. The key here is history. In the 13th century they did this, and if you know your 13th century history you know what happend next. (It rimes with Penghis Than.

4.5.5 The 9 dash line. Now why would China adopt such an unrealistic naval policy? Because a long time ago a bunch of countries signed what is called UNCLOS. It basically says you can have this much water the rest is international waters. The US said they were too good for that and made their waters much bigger than the allowed area and refused to sign the treaty.

Because of this the chinese see ignoring the treaty as a power move.

5. Chinas end goal is to be the hegemon is Asia. This puts them on a collision coursewith the US that wants to be a global hegemon. A strategy that has been dubbed Liberal Hegemony.

6. Lets get back to Hong Kong a little. Basically China doesnt care about Hong Kong. All they have to do is not be a shithole and taint the image China wants to project and never mention the word independance.

6.5 But an inherent flaw of liberalism is that you see the world in good states and bad states. Good states can only do go and bad states can only do bad. Which is why everytime China does anything Hong Kong will think their existance is at stake. If you think you are good and the other side is bad you can never see anything from the other side perspective and you will end up at war everytime.

7. Liberalism works fine in a unipolar world. But it can be very dangerous in a multipolar world.

Break is over.
TBC.

Last edited:
I think alot of people here are being misled by op, what this thread is asking for is that he WANTS supporters who agree with him, not people to attempt to talk some sense into him, cuz his mind seems made up already to start calling you a commie. (altho i agree with Faron in that blizzards political shit has nothing to do with how i spend my money, if they make good games ill still pay for it.)

Strange thing is you have people (a lot of them are Americans) bashing America, and American values. And those very same people are defending the communist nation of China.

/cheers

You have got to be out your own fuckin mind...

Oh... he really is out of his own fuckin mind.

Just like the people in North Korea calling Kim the greatest leader of all time and their country the best place on earth. Perception is reality, that is why dictators must control the media at all costs.

personally i hope to see many of the mobs killed .. like KILLED (and cant resurrect at GY) !!!

that is some evil shit, and tiananmen square went so well for china, great for their world image.

if Nixon didn't open trade with china it would still be poor as shit, the only reason china's economy grew was cause USA buys all the crap they make for cheap from American companies, "lets make the iphone in china and poison their environment and pay the workers pennies to do it, their government don't care" said someone at Apple, and i'm not a trump fan but at least he is trying to balance the trade cause china been sucking off USA teet long enough.

best thing Americans can do is buy only made in the USA, force American companies to employ Americans.
(btw china owes us for stopping the Japanese in WW2 or they would have slaughtered every one of them)

that is some evil shit, and tiananmen square went so well for china, great for their world image.

if Nixon didn't open trade with china it would still be poor as shit, the only reason china's economy grew was cause USA buys all the crap they make for cheap from American companies, "lets make the iphone in china and poison their environment and pay the workers pennies to do it, their government don't care" said someone at Apple, and i'm not a trump fan but at least he is trying to balance the trade cause china been sucking off USA teet long enough.

best thing Americans can do is buy only made in the USA, force American companies to employ Americans.
(btw china owes us for stopping the Japanese in WW2 or they would have slaughtered every one of them)

I still lol @ some galaxy brains in the west who were thinking(and even praising it in globalism economy books,articles,etc) they could just outsource all their labor to china and the chinas would forever stay as low obedient quasi coolies producing infinite consumer products at low cost xd. And instead the west propped up china's economy. Talk about unforseen consequences

Ofc these guys are gonna turn nationalistic. Its the natural order of things in almost every corner of globe...as its been before and how it should be.

But as the world turns multipolar its gonna cause implications for western supremacy. Although i dont think it will happen soon cos most chinese are still quite poor but its rather like a few millions that are rich.

With that said
ive boycotted blizzard ever since 2015(maybe except a few tokens i guess...so tbh not even a full boycott cuz they still make $15 off some kid who buys the token but not a single penny of mine will go to them)
1tGUN5B.jpg

for my own personal reasons ofc

Last edited:
Sub still active.

Tariff the fuck out of China (which we're already doing) but more...

The U.S. is the greatest country on earth and forever will be. No question.

All Presidents make mistakes. Some are more yellow than others.

The Backstreet boys are still the shit. (They're all my age or older now).

China pretty much financially only exists because we (US) allow(ed) it.

also "communist nation of China" most important words said here.

A few things I want to point out to further explain my position and to distance myself from Merlin because I dont mind giving lessons on xpoff. And to understand what is happening you also need to know why it is happening. To just blindly scream democracy and post Winnie pictures will get you nowhere.

1. Hong kong has a habit of crying wolf and then shooting themselves in the foot. They famously lost out on democracy 5 years ago just like that.

2. The protests are without leadership. This means either they take their marching orders from behind the scenes from an unknown actor, foreign or domestic. Or it cant go anywhere because they cant negoiate and there is nobody to say this is what we get and what not. Instead it creates a feedback loop of insane unrealistic goals that will never be achieved. The latter scenario is more likely and the protests will go on until the protesters get bored and go home or China either shoots the place up or starves them out.

3. China is nationalist whilst Hong Kong is liberal. Its the reason Macao is doing just dandy under 2 systems 1 country and Hong Kong keeps clashing.

3.5 Locke was wrong and Lipset has a poor track record in Asia., liberalism never wins over nationalism or realism and China isnt going democratic.

4. China is a state. States want to survive and states want to dominate their region. China has a rich history and they tend to think long term.

4.5 Some ask why China doesnt just kick back let the Americans do all the wars, jump in to the quagmires while they get rich. The key here is history. In the 13th century they did this, and if you know your 13th century history you know what happend next. (It rimes with Penghis Than.

4.5.5 The 9 dash line. Now why would China adopt such an unrealistic naval policy? Because a long time ago a bunch of countries signed what is called UNCLOS. It basically says you can have this much water the rest is international waters. The US said they were too good for that and made their waters much bigger than the allowed area and refused to sign the treaty.

Because of this the chinese see ignoring the treaty as a power move.

5. Chinas end goal is to be the hegemon is Asia. This puts them on a collision coursewith the US that wants to be a global hegemon. A strategy that has been dubbed Liberal Hegemony.

6. Lets get back to Hong Kong a little. Basically China doesnt care about Hong Kong. All they have to do is not be a shithole and taint the image China wants to project and never mention the word independance.

6.5 But an inherent flaw of liberalism is that you see the world in good states and bad states. Good states can only do go and bad states can only do bad. Which is why everytime China does anything Hong Kong will think their existance is at stake. If you think you are good and the other side is bad you can never see anything from the other side perspective and you will end up at war everytime.

7. Liberalism works fine in a unipolar world. But it can be very dangerous in a multipolar world.
Im gonna go even more off topic because this is all relevant to understand why China is acting the way it is. Why its perceived the way it is and why its all very logical.

After the fall of the Soviet Union we did have a unipolar world for awhile and liberalism in the west skyrocketed. A famous example is the 1989 Essay and later book titled The End of History. This led to the United States seeing itself as a benign hegemon but couldnt fathom others not perceiving it the same way. For example the United States pushed NATO eastwards breaking their promise to the russians because they thought they were making Europe more secure. Meanwhile Russia is thinking their preparing for an invasion.

Nobody cares about Tiennamen Square. If you've read a book you know the deal, but before these protests it was never mentioned. Pretty much every nation has a tiennamen square in their backcatalog.

Nixon didnt care about China, he simply wanted to create tension between China and the Soviet Union because in the 1970s China didnt matter. The Soviets did, it was a bipolar power structure and China was a peripheral state. If you want to blame Chinas economic growth, you wanna blame Clinton who ran the ship when the US started their little liberal hegemony scheme.

This is where Lipsets theory kicks in. They were under the impression that by making China rich, China would become democratic and instead they created an economic behemoth and set it on a collision course with the US.

China wont ever thank you for stopping the Japanese in WW2. China blames you for being so weak that the Japanese could do that to them. It is known as "Century of humilition" (circa 1840 to 1949) and involves the US, the UK, Japan and to a lesser degree the Netherlands, Portugal and Germany (1880s to 1918). During which those countries kept China weak and exploited it for their own benefit.

A strong source of political legitimacy for the government in Beijing is being able to show it of as strong and not a country that can be exploited ever again.

The Backstreet boys are still the shit. (They're all my age or older now).

Surely they were always the same age or older than you?

And now back to Hong Kong.

8. Since Europe takes their marching orders from the US, when Britain signed away Hong Kong in the 90's after about 150 years, and Portugal Macao 2 years later after about 450 years of Portugese rule. They were doing this under the assumption that China would be getting rich and become democratic. This is why the treaty is so shit. Its a pipe dream that is unenforceable and leaves Hong Kongs fate in the air after 2047. They simply couldnt imagine that this was a possiblity.

To conclude for now, both the west in general and hong kong in particular need to stop suckeling at the teet of Locke and adapt a more realist approach until the world enters another unipolar moment. And alot of whats "wrong" with the world right now can be blamed on 90's euphoria/post-cold war misscalculations.

Last edited:
China blames you for being so weak that the Japanese could do that to them
i didn't know that coming out of the great depression it was also the responsibly of the USA to supply china with a military to defend itself

During which those countries kept China weak
kept them weak? there a big country why couldn't they become strong on their own? why couldn't their own people invent and build planes and tanks and nuclear weapons? that's like blaming other weightlifters for being weak, when u yourself won't pick up a weight and workout.

you wanna blame Clinton who ran the ship when the US started their little liberal hegemony scheme.
yea it got steamrolling with clinton, but nixon paved the way, everything in the 80's was made in Taiwan

Nobody cares about Tiennamen Square

anyone that values human life and the families of those who died care

I'm boycotting China and all their worthless supporters.

China not number 1

and yet many of these worthless, disgusting supporters of China love the US green card more than their own Chinese identity. One example of this is a disgusting naturalized US citizen immigrated from mainland China:

What makes this Chinese cunt worthless is while denouncing democracy and keeping her $$ making opportunity from China at the expense of other people (Taiwanese, Hong Kong, Tibetans), she loves the western freedom/democracy the most.

Hope the US will pass a law deporting this worthless cunt back to her motherland that she claims to be "loving the most".

Strange thing is you have people (a lot of them are Americans) bashing America, and American values. And those very same people are defending the communist nation of China.
It's not that people are defending China's Politics it's that they understand that Blizzard's move (while uncomfortable to those in the West) was purely a Business decision. China is the largest market on the entire Planet for Gaming and Cinema. If a Company wants to continue making money they have no choice but do as China says. Could Blizz have been more tactful about it, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a $$$ decision, nothing more.

I also agree with another poster that I give money to a Company based off of the quality of Products/Services they offer me. While I stopped giving Blizz money years ago for the train wreck that is Retail, I have no issue paying for the cheapest Sub fee (6/mo sub) to have some entertainment with Classic WoW. The Company itself has never treated me poorly like some others have, looking at you Zenimax Online Studios.

Besides, lets get real honest here. There are tons of Mericans up in arms about Blizz siding with China (which they don't approve of) yet many are the very same people who continue voting for US Politicians with shit track records for Human rights, Environmental Policy, etc. Irony at it's finest.

Users who are viewing this thread