How are we feeling about the 20s bracket in SL so far?

SL vs. BFA for 20’s Bracket?

• Total voters
It just sounds to me that you have a HUGE fear or full tricked out i49 hunters just roaming the killing fields. I've seen a handful over the coarse of plenty of games now. Most are have some i34s and so just above average DPS
dont project, its rude.

I really dont know how many more ways I phrase what Im saying, but at this point you just either cant or wont get it. So, whatever.

I play enhance like a bruiser, I sit on healers and just be tanky. The damage adds u over time and having a perma slow in frost shock + an aoe slow in totem can make me a real pita. Also i can offheal my team. I don't go into a bg thinking that my enh shaman is going to off people like some roided up fotm hunter.

As a shaman I can also just kite warriors to death anyway.

Well, maybe I did not get it, but what I got was if we don't all have 4000+ HP burst damage from (I assume) MM hunters (cause it is not going to come from average Elemental Awesomeitude) will ruin the game.

bracket would actually be perfect if they nerfed aimed shot damage by like 25% make it a rank 2 aimed shot that buffs it by 25% so max level hunters are not nerfed.

I play enhance like a bruiser, I sit on healers and just be tanky. The damage adds u over time and having a perma slow in frost shock + an aoe slow in totem can make me a real pita. Also i can offheal my team. I don't go into a bg thinking that my enh shaman is going to off people like some roided up fotm hunter.

As a shaman I can also just kite warriors to death anyway.

That does make sense. Just for arguments sake, how much HP is on your shaman non BG. I just want to see what you think "tanky" is. Since we all have different perspectives (obviously).

outside a bg? 2200 inside around 3500-3600 ca go higher with trinkets as well but I find that to be reasonable enough.

I understand. See, to me that is not "tanky". To me tanky would mean like stacking 10 talasites. losing 20+ or so agility and then doing what you said you were doing.

I find it to be plenty tanky personally, considering without any talasites I have around 2800-2900 hp. as long as I am no in 2 shot range of a hunter aimed shot/arcane shot crits I am happy. I find on certain classes going too hard into talasites just cripples your damage too much. its fine to to reduce damage for enhanced survival but don't gimp yourself over it.

Only the str classes can go all in talasites and even then I think its not needed. a half and half split of talasite and 2str/secondary is probably better.

a half and half split of talasite and 2str/secondary is probably better.

Yeah... looking at it all now, I'd have to rethink my 2/2 stam intention over talasite. 2/2 secondary would be better.

Just using full 2/2 stam gems instead of any talasite (cuz i'm lazy) just throws away armor. Really just total waste.

6x 2main/2stam = 12 main/12 stam
4x 3main and 2x talasite = 12 main/12 stam and 8 armor.

6 slots, literally the same resulting values and one has armor to boot. So 2main/2stam gems are literally poop. :oops:

Have to look into secondary vs stam values to decide on what's worth doing in 2main/2sec gemming. Meaning, is 2 crit really going to do you better than 4 stam and some armor? Prob.....maybe? Might decide 3main/talasite mix is the way.

edit- 2/2 stam is still poop, i just brainfarted on the 2sec vs 4stam... should be 2sec vs 1 main. I can live with that one.

Last edited:
idk if its the same across classes but 3 crit is 1% crit for my shaman going up by 1 after 30 then another 1 after like 39? then up another one around 46% due to the new dr on secondaries

yeah i brain-farted the end there, fixing it presently.

Should have said it's 2 crit vs 1 main, which is very comparable for many classes. So back to the beginning where I was agreeing with you.... 2/2 secondary and talasite mix are probably the best bet for gemming.

edit- now... how much of those secondaries do we lose getting scaled to 29 in BG? At 29 is 2 crit worth 1 main? Likely.

But main stat and stam are fixed values, no? We are just expected to get more of it as we level, yes? Whereas for instance 12 crit at level 20 is X crit chance %, but at 29 is a lower resulting crit chance%... right? Main and stam with be "worth" the same? When you're 29 your chance to crit will drop, but your main/stam will be the same (higher with passive levels).

Saying that if I have 2000 health at 20 i'm not going to have 1200 health at 29. But crit chance will diminish as you go up.

Is that what you were saying, tosk? That you need 4 crit for 1% at 30? And then even more? So is 2 crit worth 1 main?

Will it be like 1.5 crit (effective value compared to 20) vs 1 main at 29? Like 70%, going off your values there?

sorry if that isnt making sense...

Last edited:
I played 20 or so games, didn’t see any twinks I recognized, died every time I got stunned. Had to pop a saltwater and 3x starsurge to get the one twink 4200hp warrior down to 25% hp then he kicked my next spell and I died to an execute that was 50% overkill. The leveler hunters with no enchants were doing 50% more damage than me

overall from my balance druid POV it’s very shit compared to level 50 gameplay. Everyone has way too much health, everyone has a kick and a stun, and only one of my buttons actually does dmg, and i need to cast 4 times to be able to able to do dmg to a twink with 3 surges. I get their attention and shut down in a lot of situations by that time. and I have to min max gear like I’m trying to push rank 1 20s to feel viable against HP stackers

So I played a bunch of games as p-sync'd balance druid with 18 renown and it's pretty weak outside of convoke 'one shots' (even casts full moon lol). In fact the strongest thing a balance druid has is the honor talent 'protector of the pack'. Those 100% crit regrowths on team mates are OP. I switched to arcane mage, much more fun.

Last edited:
It's not really true to say that stacking talasites & crusader on warriors/dks is a broken concept. It isn't. There are multiple inherent issues with this, main issue being is that they don't do enough damage to other frontline that aren't even playing as tanky as they are (+ if they played 0 talasites they would just not be able to frontline). Realistically, warriors and dks are the frontliners of the bracket, and if a caster sits in front of them and gets angry that they die to them or can't kill them then they should go play endgame or 50s. This bracket doesn't have the outplay potential to say that it's okay to be hit by a melee because we have defensives that are game=changing and overwhelming cc, understanding the position you're in as a certain role is extremely vital to playing properly in this bracket. This probably sounds a lot like wargame or try-hard nerd talk, but it's not difficult to understand or do if shown or told properly and you can still realistically play how you want to. It's level 20s. rant\

this post isn't really addressing anything major said in the thread but I felt like it needed to be said by someone

I love the tiny bit of time I have put in so far it feels fun and rewarding and not like any class is just soo strong that it can’t be stopped

The last time I had a twink was when 119 was a big thing with the Timewalking gear and unfortunately I joined that unknowingly in its final days...the community for 20s and thinking in general has been so helpful too which makes it even better!

Onwards and UpwRds I hope!

Give rogues evasion blizzard.

Z9yZkbA.gif

Users who are viewing this thread